PDA

View Full Version : did it seem to anyone else that the Bengals played dirty?

chernobylwraiths
10-02-2011, 04:22 PM
There was all kinds of hits after the play was over, players coming in late on the pile, etc.

So, was it just me?

Historian
10-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Just like the 88 AFC Championship when Billups suckered Burroughs into the personal foul.

They're almost as bad as the Jets.

Novacane
10-02-2011, 04:24 PM
I didn't notice

Crisis
10-02-2011, 04:24 PM
I didn't see it.

Mad Max
10-02-2011, 04:35 PM
No. And if they did, so what? This is a mans game...there no skirts.

Man the F up, go punch someone in the mouth. This is something we need much more of. Merriman brought some of that this year as did Dareus. We need more.

don137
10-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Patriots play dirty. Did not see anything out of ordinary from Bengals

imbondz
10-02-2011, 04:38 PM
I never thought that.

The King
10-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Between Simpson and Benson the Bengals are dirty

Mad Max
10-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Between Simpson and Benson the Bengals are dirty

dirty rap sheets, and dirty index finger and thumb tips.

Banks2Pierce
10-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Never even came close to thinking this during the game.

I actually remember thinking at a few points that they were very disciplined and didn't seem close to any dumb penalties. Well coached, imo.

Forward_Lateral
10-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Marvin Lewis is a thug, and so is 3/4 of that entire roster. The only reason they drafted Dalton is because he looks like Opie and makes a team full of thugs look like candy stripers.

Sorry, I guess I'm still pissed after all.

The King
10-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Their DB's played our receivers much more physical than we're used to as well.

Extremebillsfan247
10-03-2011, 10:21 AM
There was all kinds of hits after the play was over, players coming in late on the pile, etc.

So, was it just me? Yes, it's just you. They simply outplayed us. Their defense had Fitzpatrick frustrated all game long. Our defense made great plays at times during the game, but eventually broke towards the end. Momentum is a big thing in a close game on the road. No matter how good or bad a team is, controlling momentum is the key sometimes. In this case, Bengals had momentum at the end. They played a good game. JMO

k-oneputt
10-03-2011, 10:25 AM
So what.
The Bills defense needs a little dirty and nasty.

Ebenezer
10-03-2011, 12:16 PM
It's more than fine to play aggressive and hit hard. I agree with Chern. There were a lot of questionably late-ish hits and those hits were led with helmets and elbows - those are usually allowed to happen but are technically skirting the rules. It happened on two successive running plays in the 3rd quarter when Freddie left the game and CJ then had to come out and was limping a little. Both returned but I bet that some that are saying it's all part of the game would be singing a different tune if BOTH had been knocked out for an extended period of time.

jamze132
10-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Yeah the Bengals played a little dirty, but they out-muscled Buffalo all day. Buffalo needs to man-up when teams bring that type of aggression.

trapezeus
10-03-2011, 12:40 PM
you guys should have watched the ravens and jets...that was a dirty game. people pushing helmets off after the fact. after tackles were made people were still messign around. and the refs called none of it.

one play in particular was mason getting his leg pulled on after he was down. that can really effect a WR health and speed. a lot of jawing after that.

the bills bengals game was quite tame in comparison. i only noticed florence got into it with a WR midway through game. but everything else seemed fine.

Ebenezer
10-03-2011, 12:52 PM
you guys should have watched the ravens and jets...that was a dirty game. people pushing helmets off after the fact. after tackles were made people were still messign around. and the refs called none of it.

one play in particular was mason getting his leg pulled on after he was down. that can really effect a WR health and speed. a lot of jawing after that.

the bills bengals game was quite tame in comparison. i only noticed florence got into it with a WR midway through game. but everything else seemed fine.

That doesn't make it right. If teams are going to go out of the rules of play they should be flagged. Period.

"Out bullying" is not part of the game. That's like knowing all the material for a test but somebody doesn't allow you to do the best you can because they are somehow altering the way you take the test. Play football.

justasportsfan
10-03-2011, 12:53 PM
well the refs thought it was all clean .Hence the no calls :ill:

Historian
10-03-2011, 12:57 PM
Is that what Tasker and his sidekick were referring to when they were commenting on some kind of slow burn?

bf1
10-03-2011, 01:05 PM
It was a "chippy" game. I noticed. It looked like both ways to me.

kishoph
10-04-2011, 07:18 AM
I don't know about dirty, but they certainly hold like crazy, including on the receivers. Then if the Refs are going to allow you to get away with it, why not do it.