PDA

View Full Version : BETWEEN THE LINES: Crossing NFL line Hollings' new goal

BillsFever
06-27-2003, 04:46 PM
Nine months ago, Tony Hollings was like an accidental lab experiment that turned into "Flubber," an obscure defensive back converted to running back who became the lone reason to watch Georgia Tech football. Totals: Four games, 633 yards rushing, 6.9 yards per carry, 12 touchdowns.

Today, Tony Hollings fits into another unlikely category --- brief superstar rehabilitating from a catastrophic knee injury, spending the summer lifting weights and working a summer job loading bags onto airplanes, trying to distance himself from academic Armageddon at Tech while hoping to convince NFL teams that he can be the find of the century.

"I sat down a couple of weeks ago with my parents and Coach [Chan] Gailey, and we talked about my options," Hollings said. "After meeting, we figured the best thing would be to just go in the supplemental draft. I could've transferred to another school or waited until next year's draft. I wanted to go back to Tech. But that would've been complicated."

http://www.ajc.com/friday/content/epaper/editions/friday/sports_e3bf6e88f06c91c0006a.html