PDA

View Full Version : The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Mike
10-02-2011, 04:43 PM
This team is who I thought they were. Maybe some of you read my team preview before the season started, but here is what I had to say about the Bills: this team will go as far as the offense takes them. Against teams with a weak D-Line, the Bills could dominate them however offense will struggle against better d-line teams. Secondary & pass rush will be achilese heal.... And, this is what we've seen so far this season. Offense was great vs NE & KC & struggled vs cincinnati & Oakland until the O-line started winning those wars... Anyways here is this weeks Good, Bad, & Ugly

The Good

For a change we had a 17-3 lead going in second half and we won the turnover battle. Defense was playing well against a poor offense lead by a rookie QB & WR.

The Bad

Bills were dominated on both sides of the ball eventhough the score board didn't reflect it! Bangles were the much better team. Our secondary is atrocious as is the pass rush. They could not prevent a poor offense from engineering a game winning drive in the last 2min.

The Ugly
The reality is that the Bills are not as good as their record. Were 2plays away from being 1-3. Raiders dropped an easy interception @ end of game which would have sealed the victory, Brady threw for an uncharacteristic number of pics, etc...

Overall
Bills will look Great vs inferior defenses & bad against the good ones which means that we will be a fun team to watch & not much more. Bills should drop to teans for ranking. Hope they prove me wrong.

Mike
10-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Discus

imbondz
10-02-2011, 05:00 PM
sorry, the Bangles were not the way better team. I watched the entire game, and we have a good team, just not as good as we thought/hoped.

Mike
10-02-2011, 05:20 PM
sorry, the Bangles were not the way better team. I watched the entire game, and we have a good team, just not as good as we thought/hoped.

Sure they did! Everywhere excerpt the score board.
1) their offense dominated us. We gave up well over 400yrds!
2) their defense dominated us. 13 offensive pts!

Overall, 2 turnover that lead to 14pts kept us in game. We were +2 in turnover battle & a 14pt lead & lost. They were superior.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Sure they did! Everywhere excerpt the score board.
And what matters in the end? The scoreboard. Nothing more, nothing less. You can give up 90 yards on a drive, but if the guy throws an interception in the red zone, it's no different than if he'd done a 3-and-out.

Mike
11-15-2011, 02:56 AM
And what matters in the end? The scoreboard. Nothing more, nothing less. You can give up 90 yards on a drive, but if the guy throws an interception in the red zone, it's no different than if he'd done a 3-and-out.

What matters in the end you ask? Ability! If you have the ability to get 90 yard drives on offense you have the ability to score. If you have the ability of stopping the other team from driving you have the ability to prevent them from scoring. For this reason the NFL ranks offenses and defenses based on yardage. Yardage reflects ability more so than points, or turnovers, etc...even the final score!

Mike
11-15-2011, 02:57 AM
Bangles exposed the Bills on offense and showed how easily they can be stopped. The Bills single biggest problem is now converting on 3rd downs.

SquishDaFish
11-15-2011, 03:13 AM
Why did you go and bump all your threads?? Want a cookie?? Just pat yourself on the back if it will make you feel good. unreal

Night Train
11-15-2011, 04:58 AM
Why did you go and bump all your threads?? Want a cookie?? Just pat yourself on the back if it will make you feel good. unreal
:rofl:

He and BF1 should get a room at the " I Called It " Institute.

Cntrygal
11-15-2011, 05:32 AM
The Good: Ski season approaches
The Bad: Ski season hasn't started in SD yet
The Ugly: Ski season doesn't start early enough to counteract the effects of watching the Bills attempt to play football.

Mike
11-15-2011, 10:22 PM
He and BF1 should get a room at the " I Called It " Institute.

Lol. We should. Maybe you should start looking up to us. Listen to OPIV, to me, and the others... We have a 10 year track record of being right more often than not. If I could bet with some of you homers, I would take you to the cleaners.... But you guys are pansies.

When Maybin was drafted I predicted he would bust and that Orakpo would have more sacks as a rookie than Maybin would have in 3yrs with the Bills. You guys can run your mouth and all kinds of moronic **** comes out but when money is on the line you back out! No one was willing to take my Maybin/Orakpo wager even though they talked **** to me, no one had the guts to bet meaningless zonebux.

Next time I make a silly little prediction, let's make a bet.

SquishDaFish
11-16-2011, 04:36 AM
Now do you feel better??? Did you pat yourself on the back some more? Want a cookie??

Dont compare urself to op he doesnt go around bumping his own threads to say i told you so like a clown

Night Train
11-16-2011, 05:20 AM
Lol. We should. Maybe you should start looking up to us. Listen to OPIV, to me, and the others... We have a 10 year track record of being right more often than not. If I could bet with some of you homers, I would take you to the cleaners.... But you guys are pansies.

When Maybin was drafted I predicted he would bust and that Orakpo would have more sacks as a rookie than Maybin would have in 3yrs with the Bills. You guys can run your mouth and all kinds of moronic **** comes out but when money is on the line you back out! No one was willing to take my Maybin/Orakpo wager even though they talked **** to me, no one had the guts to bet meaningless zonebux.

Wow. That really put me in my place.

:rofl:

You'll never win ! I'm an adult !

Mike
11-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Dont compare urself to op he doesnt go around bumping his own threads to say i told you so like a clown

yet you still ridicule him when you disagree with his points.

Mike
11-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Why does it bother you, if I bump my threads? If it does not matter that I am right or wrong, or if its irrelevant, why do you care when you nose is put in it?

better days
11-16-2011, 12:02 PM

Gee I guess you were the only Bills fan that wanted Orakpo over Maybin. You are sooooo smart.

stuckincincy
11-16-2011, 12:04 PM
The Good: Ski season approaches
The Bad: Ski season hasn't started in SD yet
The Ugly: Ski season doesn't start early enough to counteract the effects of watching the Bills attempt to play football.

I still own a pair of waxable Fischer Europa 99 x-country edged mountaineering skis from the '80's.

They are in better shape than I am. :kid: