X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Hold off on Fitz's franchise QB deal

I really don't like his accuracy in the first half. He threw to the right guy, just not enough accuracy or touch against tight coverage.

Maybe Gailey's system allows a lot of easy mismatches that make it easy on QBs, which covers up the short comings of Fitz. But against sound defense, you need QB a step above. I think.
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: Hold off on Fitz's franchise QB deal

I didn't like his whole game period. He played like a huge pile of cow flop.

Comment

• imbondz
      Democrats are people too
      • Jan 2003

Ugh. B.S.
      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        Legendary Zoner
        • May 2009

I thought he was over the hump of playing like a back up quarterback coming off the bench cold. I guess I was wrong. If he continues this type of play, then we know we still need to get our franchise quarterback.

Comment

• imbondz
          Democrats are people too
          • Jan 2003

How about Sanchez tonight. He's @#$%@#$% the bed, the Jets should bench him. Romo should be benched for his performance today too.
          My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
            • Jan 2010

I agree, i doubt anyone will pry him from us... let him play if they are really 3 million apart I am on the bills side at this point, the first 3 games we played terrible defenses. Lets see how he does against some better Ds

Comment

• kingJofNYC
              • Sep 2009

Someone will definitely make a run at him if he's not extended. However, that shouldn't force us to pay through the nose for his services.

We all know Gailey's getting the most he can out of this bunch, Fitz first and foremost.

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

In a perfect world we lock up Stevie now, extend/franchise Fitz towards the end of the season or offseason (provided he proves hes worth it), and Freddie gets a nice chunk of change in a 3-4 year deal ASAP.
                Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Vanek is Austrian not European
                Originally posted by Prov401
                Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                Originally posted by better days
                I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

Bills will probably be drafting in the middle of the draft. If Fitz continues to play badly against good defenses, then hopefully we can find our Flacco like Baltimore in the middle of the pack that year.

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

This is why it was foolish to think Fitz's price tag would keep going up.

I'm still fine with him as our starter. I think the Bills will end up waiting until the season ends to finalize a new contract with him, though, which is fine with me.

That being said, I'd still like to see Buffalo draft a guy to put behind him. Not comfortable with Thigpen at backup at all.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• G Wolly
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
                      I really don't like his accuracy in the first half. He threw to the right guy, just not enough accuracy or touch against tight coverage.
                      Yeah, the guy had a bad game. How dare he even be considered a starting quarterback in this league?

One game can easily predict the future for a player as well as the entire team.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh

Maybe Gailey's system allows a lot of easy mismatches that make it easy on QBs, which covers up the short comings of Fitz. But against sound defense, you need QB a step above. I think.
                        We have one of the worst defenses in the NFL and still sit at 3-1 because of Fitzpatrick. No QB will be able to bail his team out in every game. Fitzpatrick wont ever walk on water. If that's what you expect out of your franchise QB, you wont ever be happy with any Bills QB. We did have a 14 point lead in that game. Our defense failed to hold a rookie QB in check. That's how we lost. In my opinion there is no one on this team that deserves a contract more than Fitzpatrick does.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Fitz was the last person you should blame for yesterday's loss. OK, second last next to FJ.

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

Every QB is going to have a clunker from time to time.

I want Fitz back there because he has that intangible that Edwards, Losman, and the parade of idiots before them didn't have...that sense where the rush is coming from.

Smart guy, good arm, good leader.you extend him when you can.

Fix the defense. You can't expect Fitz to put up 40 points a week, it simply isn't realistic.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

Exactly. You can't expect your QB to win the games every week, unless you have Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.

Comment

Working...
                              X