I'm not impressed with Merriman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

I'm not impressed with Merriman

I believe he got a sack today for pushing Dalton out of bounds, which is just dandy, but I also noticed that when the action isn't right next to him, he kinda goes into spectator mode

There were at least two plays that clearly stand out in my mind, where Merriman would have been able to run down the ball carrier from behind if he had pursued with some vigor. Instead, he kinda just jogs towards the action like he's in no big hurry.

I'd rather watch anyone who is willing to hustle.
    Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    also cheese
  • tampabay25690
    • Feb 2004

Re: I'm not impressed with Merriman

I cant say I don't agree.....
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Oaf
      Do you read what you write?
      • Jun 2007

I'm not ready to call him Kiwi Mitchell pt. 2 just yet.

Comment

• McBFLO
        • Mar 2003

I've noticed him being blatantly held several times over the past 2 games, all with no calls. I'd like to see him making a bigger impact too, but I think he's coming along.
        Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• Bert102176
          • Aug 2002

I think he's so affraid of getting hurt he phases himself out if the play isn't at him he doesn't wanna get hurt running after a play
          lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• YE OLE COTTON
            • Sep 2011

Something's definitely not quite right with the guy just yet. I was holding out hope that we'd see something from him this week. I've also seen him getting mugged out there numerous times with no flags being thrown. That said, the way he came in during the preseason, it looked like we were going to see the old LIGHTS OUT. That definitely hasn't panned out yet. Today when the Bengals were on their back to back scoring drives to win this game, it would've been a real choice time for him to show up though.
            YE OLE is blogging about the Bills, come visit. It's a good time, gents!

TheBillsBlog.com

Follow YE OLE on the Social Networks: @TheBillsBlog and The Bills Blog on Facebook

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Kelsay is playing better
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                • Dec 2004

Merriman sucks. Just like he has for the past three years. He's physically broken and he's nowhere close to being the player he was. He won't be on the roster next year.

Comment

• kishoph
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by YE OLE COTTON
                  Something's definitely not quite right with the guy just yet. I was holding out hope that we'd see something from him this week. I've also seen him getting mugged out there numerous times with no flags being thrown. That said, the way he came in during the preseason, it looked like we were going to see the old LIGHTS OUT. That definitely hasn't panned out yet. Today when the Bengals were on their back to back scoring drives to win this game, it would've been a real choice time for him to show up though.

On the play where he chased DALTON out of bounds, you could clearly see a pretty bad limp in his gait, he hasn't said anything but I believe that he's nowhere near 100%. Also I may be biased but, I see him getting mauled sometimes, when has it become legal to block someone by wrapping your arm around his neck, I have seen this done to MERRIMAN a few time at least. You also have to take into account what he means to the team as a leader and motivator in the locker room. He hasn't stood out, but I think we'll see more from him as the season goes on.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Oppsoing RB's are cutting inside of him when he goes wide on a rush. That's no better than what Kelsay does or what doomed Maybin. Then the RB gets 10-12 yards before a DB drags him down.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                      • Sep 2008

He hasn't played in something like 2 years prior to this season. Playing LB isn't like riding a bike. Losing time can cause you to lose a step. It can take a while to regain form. Merriman struggling early should have been expected. Forget what he did in preseason. It was preseason, didn't matter. The important thing for Merriman right now is to just stay healthy, keep playing, and performance will improve over time. JMO

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

Agree. He'll be fine.

Comment

• zone
                          No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                          • Oct 2003

It took a long time for TKO to get back to form after injury. When you don't play for 2 years it's going to take time. I think he is still making a difference and would have a few sacks if he wasn't being tackled to the ground.
                          www.blzbus.com

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
                            • Dec 2002

I don't think the Bills staff is quite that enamoured with him either, or as the poster stated above there is something to gettting back to form.

Anyway, he comes off the field quite often and his impact on field has been lack luster.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                              Oppsoing RB's are cutting inside of him when he goes wide on a rush. That's no better than what Kelsay does or what doomed Maybin. Then the RB gets 10-12 yards before a DB drags him down.
                              I noticed the same thing. Merriman seems so desperate to get to the QB that they are running draw plays right at the spot he vacates and using the over-pursuit against him.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X