Bills Still Lead the AFC East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Bills Still Lead the AFC East

That is all.
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: Bills Still Lead the AFC East

Not for long........

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
      Not for long........
      maybe..... maybe not.

how many people thought this would have been a conversation 4 games in?

This team is turning a corner.
      Last edited by ParanoidAndroid; 10-02-2011, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Billsfan3
        • Nov 2007

i agree this lost sucked but still got look at the postive considering the ravens hold on we are still sitting alone by ourselves at the top of the afc east

Comment

• YE OLE COTTON
          • Sep 2011

How this team responds next week at home against an Eagles team that's really going to be fighting to salvage their season is going to tell us a lot about these 2011 Bills. Before the season started we would've jumped at 3-1... it's just a question of which way are we headed from here. It's also irony of epic proportion that we go 3-1 and our lone loss is to the Bengals.
          YE OLE is blogging about the Bills, come visit. It's a good time, gents!

TheBillsBlog.com

Follow YE OLE on the Social Networks: @TheBillsBlog and The Bills Blog on Facebook

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

Originally posted by andyxc71
            maybe..... maybe not.

how many people thought this would have been a conversation 4 games in?

This team is turning a corner.
            They may have turned the corner but they drove off the shoulder and spun out today.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by andyxc71
              That is all.
              As it stands right now, this team is on pace to finish the NFL season at 12-4. Even if we win half our games the rest of the way, it's a 9-7 record. That's impressive considering we finished 4-12 last year. JMO

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

I'm OK with the current state of the Bills. They are flawed and people became blind to that after the 3 win start.

The D needs help and depth is paper thin everywhere. DC seems lost and his replacement is already here. Work on improvements and quit riding the emotional roller coaster from week to week.

The crying threads yesterday were no surprise. Open your eyes and get to know your team.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
                  They may have turned the corner but they drove off the shoulder and spun out today.
                  More like "hit a pothole."

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                    Open your eyes and get to know your team.
                    The team has given up over 450 yards three consecutive games in a row, and now four of their next five are against the NFC East.

Good luck.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Historian
                      The team has given up over 450 yards three consecutive games in a row, and now four of their next five are against the NFC East.

Good luck.
                      George Edwards needs to prepare this defense better. Again we sit near the bottom of the league in overall performance on defense. But that is also why I'm impressed with a 3-1 start. If our defense can improve, this team will be tough to beat this year. JMO

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Historian

Good luck.
                        Raiders - 35 Points, 26 1st Downs, 454 Yards Pats - 31 Points, 30 1st Downs, 495 Yards Bengals - 23 Points, 25 1st Downs, 458 Yards Opportunistic D plays didn't bail them out this week. I'm sensing a pattern unless something changes. George Edwards will have lots of questions this week.

Kind of mentioned this yesterday.

I know they are flawed and predicted 6 wins for a reason. The 3 win start was shocking but that doesn't mean we should adjust our expectations daily, followed by the emotinal roller coaster ride. Obvious D shortcoming and thin depth everywhere.

" We're great ! "

" We suck ! "

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

Well, I gotta give them one thing: They are fun to watch.

Each game has been a nail biter, and that's what you pay for.

Gone are the days of Jauron's 3-6 losses against Cleveland, lol.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
                            The 3 win start was shocking but that doesn't mean we should adjust our expectations daily, followed by the emotinal roller coaster ride. Obvious D shortcoming and thin depth everywhere.

" We're great ! "

" We suck ! "
                            I agree with this wholeheartedly. People read too much into one week, you need to look at all the games as a whole. One week is not a trend, and you can't draw widespread conclusions based on a game.

I think Buffalo has shown they are a team that will hang around for a while. Their defense isn't great, but their offense is good.

I haven't seen the game yet (I'll watch it sometime this week), but one thing that jumps out to me is a mix of 34 passes to 21 runs, in a game they led most of the way. The key for the Bills is running the ball well, which sets everything else up and helps their defense as well. When they run the ball they score points and Fitzpatrick plays better. Fred Jackson is as important to the Bills as Matt Forte is to the Bears.

I think the Pats are similar to the Bills, only they are more QB-centric. Their defense has serious questions and they need to get healthy, but Brady covers a lot of things up. One thing people don't realize about them is they can run the ball pretty well, even if they don't bother most of the time. They would do better with more balance as well, like they did yesterday.

The Jets are in trouble if they don't get things going soon. They aren't running the ball and have trouble generating pass rush without blitzing. They are a Tony Romo meltdown away from 1-3. The Jets have time to turn it around, but next week's game at NE is huge for them and they need to run the football.

Miami is a trainwreck. They have some nice players and should be better than they are, but they are a mess. Hard to imagine that a Chad Henne getting hurt actually makes them worse, but it does. Poor Tony Sporano isn't a bad coach, but he is a dead man walking after getting hung out to dry by ownership.
                            Last edited by Ickybaluky; 10-03-2011, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

that still doesn't make me feel any better when you consider that "you're only as good as your last performance"
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X