PDA

View Full Version : Blame

psubills62
10-02-2011, 10:36 PM
OK, I'm sorry for creating another thread on who to blame, but as I said in my other thread - I just spent 10 hours in the car today combined with a Buffalo loss and New England win...let's just say I'm not feeling like having my post ignored in an already 2-3 page thread that I'm not sure I have time to read.

Here's something I've been wondering: why on earth do people feel that blame is either all or nothing? For example, if I blame the refs...why do people think those are the only people I'm blaming.

There is plenty of blame to go around. Does the offense deserve blame? Heck yeah...they just couldn't execute. Our OL looked bad and we couldn't run the ball. Does the defense deserve blame? Yes, although I have a hard time putting too much of the blame on them, as they contributed 7 points vs. the offense's 13 points.

Do the refs deserve blame? Definitely. Are they the only ones to blame? No. However, it is very, very obvious that they changed the game with a horrible call that may have contributed to us losing. Is it the reason we lost? No. But to say they didn't contribute is ridiculous. Our offense did everything it needed to to convert that 3rd down. Could we have still lost if that play had been called correctly? Sure...but the odds go down a decent amount, in my opinion.

Anyway...with all that said...it's a loss. It's time for the coaches to truly assess blame and look ahead. Let's hope the team can bounce back and get the win against Vick and company.

BertSquirtgum
10-02-2011, 10:44 PM
George Edwards needs to be shown the door.

Oaf
10-02-2011, 11:10 PM
All I'm thinking about this point is the O returning the form and the D keying in on Vick.

Historian
10-03-2011, 06:03 AM
Team loss.

Team blame.

X-Era
10-03-2011, 06:14 AM
OK, I'm sorry for creating another thread on who to blame, but as I said in my other thread - I just spent 10 hours in the car today combined with a Buffalo loss and New England win...let's just say I'm not feeling like having my post ignored in an already 2-3 page thread that I'm not sure I have time to read.

Here's something I've been wondering: why on earth do people feel that blame is either all or nothing? For example, if I blame the refs...why do people think those are the only people I'm blaming.

There is plenty of blame to go around. Does the offense deserve blame? Heck yeah...they just couldn't execute. Our OL looked bad and we couldn't run the ball. Does the defense deserve blame? Yes, although I have a hard time putting too much of the blame on them, as they contributed 7 points vs. the offense's 13 points.

Do the refs deserve blame? Definitely. Are they the only ones to blame? No. However, it is very, very obvious that they changed the game with a horrible call that may have contributed to us losing. Is it the reason we lost? No. But to say they didn't contribute is ridiculous. Our offense did everything it needed to to convert that 3rd down. Could we have still lost if that play had been called correctly? Sure...but the odds go down a decent amount, in my opinion.

Anyway...with all that said...it's a loss. It's time for the coaches to truly assess blame and look ahead. Let's hope the team can bounce back and get the win against Vick and company.
There really isn't many that don't deserve some blame in this loss.

I'll add a few:

Fitz- he was all over the place on his throws. Yes, he had pressure, but that doesn't mean he can't hit the target.

Donald Jones- Dropping catch-able balls... still

Kyle Williams- Has not been as dominant as last year.

The DL as a whole- Has had trouble shedding blocks. Dareus included

Barnett- Still in the wrong spots at times and missed some tackles

Across the board there were failures yesterday. It's not the end of the world. The team doesn't suck. But they need to learn that championship caliber teams play serious every single week. I like what we may learn from this.

And as far as the ref's go, I think we need to get over it. We won't always get good calls. That happens to every team, including the Patriots. Again though, great teams will rise above and still find a way to win. Had we not squandered a 17-3 lead, we would never have been in that spot in the first place.

ddaryl
10-03-2011, 06:16 AM
What's the point of instant replay if you can't even make a very obvious call..

I agree we didn't play real well, but that incomplete pass call was BLATANTLY a wrong call..

BLATANTLY

Extremebillsfan247
10-03-2011, 06:28 AM
You know who I blame for this game? <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5MJLi5_dyn0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe> :laughing:

ChristopherWalken
10-03-2011, 07:12 AM
Both teams came out looking absolutely flat. Bills capitalized on a couple miscues by Bengals early but really could never get the "machine" operating on all cylinders.

Bottom line is this is still a young team thats not found its true niche yet. Yes, this is a game they should have won and makes this a jagged little pill to swallow - especially after the big wins over Oakland and NE the two weeks prior.

They sputtered and the Bengals took advantage of time it was taking them to spark.

Complete team loss.

Fitz was way off his mark.
Running game flat.
Play calling was a bit destructive at times. I really do not like Spiller running in short yardage situations. He anticipates the hit rather than plowing through it.

My biggest compliant continues to be with the defense. There is ZERO pass rush from this team and the deep threat is a big issue for this secondary as they are not matching up well with these big WRs downfield.

Mr. Miyagi
10-03-2011, 07:50 AM
Are you kidding me? I'm blaming the refs entirely.

How many wrong calls and non-calls did they make? NUMEROUS times our guys were held over and over again with no calls. The Tuck Rule was completely stupid. The Stevie call was blatantly wrong. The Dalton dive for first down was clearly half yard short.

The refs from the start of the game made sure the Bills weren't going to go 4-0. That much was clear.

WHAT THE ****. I hope Nix and Gailey raise hell with the league this week.

Mahdi
10-03-2011, 08:05 AM
A 5 yeard old would be comfortable in the pocket against our defense. There simply isn't anyone that is a threat to get tot he QB in under 3 seconds.

This problem needs to be solved with more aggressive blitzing or a pass rusher to step up.

I understood not blitzing Brady but don't understand why were not bringing the house against guys like Campbell and Dalton. Its a very bland defense and kind of annoying to watch.

If it wasn't for our safeties we would have another loss or two.