X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

My biggest suggestion

If I'm not mistaken, the play before the Johnson "drop", which clearly has fix and money written all over it for the bookies, clearly a catch, was a 2nd and short where we decided to make Fred block for Spiller who didn't see the correct hole, and went nowhere.
    Now I'm all for running out of a 3-4 receiver set. It has worked well for us. But there are times, when you just put a FB in, line up in the I, especially when ahead, and give your best RB the ball. Had we done that we may not be where we are.
    Seems to me sometimes we out think ourselves and get too creative. Maybe its a learning process for the coaches too, learning how to play with a lead. But it seems to me with some simple formations running the ball could have solved a lot of our problems today. Hopefully they learn from it.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Re: My biggest suggestion

I didn't mention the intentional grounding that was never called, when their Qb left the pocket but threw it into the ground behind the LOS, or the phantom first down marker that appeared to show the QB a yard short even after the reach dive, but somehow was moved back one yard after the replay. Or the obvious non holding calls. Or the first down that was given that looked short in the first period, but wasn't even measured and called a first down.
    Someone mentioned earlier that 73% of the money was on the Bills. I can't get fined for saying this, but some referees in this game were on the take. The NFL needs to look into the obvious. This was not a poorly called game, it was an intentionally poorly called game.
    Being I'm a free man with clear thinking, I can say this. Coaches and players can't and the NFL hides it.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Re: My biggest suggestion

Meh.

The Bills could have won that game. They still had plenty of opportunity.

The refs are not at fault here.

And the 73% part is speculation. Vegas is not going to release private info like that.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
      X