X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Turning Point of the game

For the longest time in that game, I thought the turning point was the Scott's pick 6 until the Stevie's 3rd and 1 non-catch call. I felt after that, the Bills as a team, seemed to have the air taken out of the sail or at least leaking badly even though Cinci had done a number to the Bills D by that point. I felt the offense was going to drive down and get some points at least.

Listening Florance on WGR, he didn't quite say it, but he sounded that way that the 3rd and 1 call was quite a blow to the team, almost in front of the Bills sideline.

It also speaks to the fact that this Bills D does not have a Ray Lewis kind of alpha male in his days of past on this team who would come out and take charge of the ship.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Turning Point of the game

Tuck rule. Plain and simple.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• acehole
      • Jan 2006

Turning point was the no catch catch.

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
      For the longest time in that game, I thought the turning point was the Scott's pick 6 until the Stevie's 3rd and 1 non-catch call. I felt after that, the Bills as a team, seemed to have the air taken out of the sail or at least leaking badly even though Cinci had done a number to the Bills D by that point. I felt the offense was going to drive down and get some points at least.

Listening Florance on WGR, he didn't quite say it, but he sounded that way that the 3rd and 1 call was quite a blow to the team, almost in front of the Bills sideline.

It also speaks to the fact that this Bills D does not have a Ray Lewis kind of alpha male in his days of past on this team who would come out and take charge of the ship.
      Hated by the stupid..
      Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Halftime was the turning point.

The team seemed to have no care to do anything in the 2nd half and tried to rest on a 14 point lead.

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

oh yeah theres absolutely no doubt the bills lost their composure after the first down that was taken away. they were horrible on almost every single play after that. cincy gets the ball twice and drives right down the field every time. the bills get the ball once and go three and out

great lesson teacher there, tho. when lightning luck strikes against you, you just hope it comes when there are still plays left. and if there are, you have to collect yourself and make plays. you cant fall apart, which is what they did

that sting will last long and sharp, which should pay dividends in future games when they get struck by the lightning
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• jimbohastle51
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Feb 2005

IMO, people can blame the "tuck" call that went in cincy's favor for our loss or the 4th and 1 pass that was an obvious completion by stevie johnson but i tend to think that alot of it has to be put on fitz inaccuracy. guys, seriously even the passes he is completing are not pretty. and the 14 passes he incompleted were HORRIBLE. fitz probably only threw 5-8 passes in that game that were nice accurate throws. we can blame a good pass rush by the bengals defense for hurrying him but if he is becoming a above average NFL passer he still has to hit his targets and give them a chance to make a play.

Comment

Working...
            X