• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Looking forward to Philly

Reasons to be concerned about the Eagles:
    1) Obviously, they do have a relatively potent offense with playmakers. Not only do they have Desean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin and Michael Vick, but they have a very, very underrated running back in Lesean McCoy. I have a feeling they'll try to gash us in the run like Cincy did with Benson and with screen plays.

2) I was going to put pass rush here, but my level of concern about that varies depending on the injuries to Bell and Trent Cole. Sounds like Cole will be out, which really helps...but I still wouldn't like Hairston starting.

Reasons we have a good chance to win this game:
    1) Our offense vs. their defense. Philly has the 30th ranked run D (based on yards), and they're allowing an awful 5.3 YPC. Frank Gore, who was injured and had a previous average of ~2.5 YPC gained 127 yards on 15 carries against Philly (8.5 YPC). Alex Smith was also able to pass all over the Eagles for 291 yards and 2 TD's for a 63.6 completion %.

I think this is a game where we have a lot of ability to control the ball on offense. This is a perfect game for Fitzpatrick and co. to regain their form. Our defense will need to step up and get just enough stops. This will be another big test for our run game after getting destroyed by Benson.

It could be a very dangerous game, partially because our safeties have been so good in run support. Philly is very good running the ball, but they're also great at the deep passes, which means they'll almost certainly try to bait our safeties with play-action.

In the end, I think this game could go either way. I can see Philly's offense performing up to par (though they really haven't yet this year), but I can see our offense dominating too. It should be an offensive battle depending on # of turnovers.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Looking forward to Philly

Eagles may soar, but buffalos don't get sucked into plane engines.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mski
      • Mar 2006

Philly will be an interesting challenge for our Offense, on paper they have two of the best CB's in the league over the past few years, but teams have been able to throw the ball well against them. It sounds like one of their best DL's will miss the game which may bode well for our running game. However i think yesterday's game showed that the spread offense doesnt work well for ball control, and playing with the lead, we became too one demensional.
      RIP Tommy D!
      12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mski
        Philly will be an interesting challenge for our Offense, on paper they have two of the best CB's in the league over the past few years, but teams have been able to throw the ball well against them. It sounds like one of their best DL's will miss the game which may bode well for our running game. However i think yesterday's game showed that the spread offense doesnt work well for ball control, and playing with the lead, we became too one demensional.
        No pass rush helps. I didn't realize Juqua Parker, Brandon Graham and Daryl Tapp were injured as well. Wonder if any of those guys will be back for Week 5.
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
          • Dec 2002

Bills need to recitfy the issues on pass defense. Giving up nearly 500 yards total offense to the Bengals is one thing, you give Mike Vick and this Eagles offense that same loose leash and FGs are replaced by TDs.

But point well taken about their run defense. Bills need to handle offensive control and keep the clock under control. I really don't want to see the Bills O fall into a rut now.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

what scares me is that Vick will run around buying time for his recievers to burn McKelvin

If Vick tucks the ball to run and then gets sacked would that fall under the tuck rule again?
            Last edited by justasportsfan; 10-03-2011, 11:55 AM.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BAM
              • Sep 2003

We don't match up well with the Eagles. Hopefully our decent play at home continues or else this one could be ugly!

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

well, good teams get beat occassionally and they respond loudly. the pats have been doing that for yearse. the bills in the 90's rarely got taken out in back to back weeks. This is the test we were all asking about.

If hte bills roll over and die, we're in trouble. if they win this game, they are a top 16 team in my mind.

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

McKelvin will be the one to decide this game. You can all but guarantee that the Eagles are going to throw the ball 50 yrds to whomever McKelvin is locked onto.

The guy looks totally lost out there when the ball is in the air.

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by BAM
                    We don't match up well with the Eagles. Hopefully our decent play at home continues or else this one could be ugly!
                    I agree on defense we don't, but on offense I think we match up quite well.
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ChristopherWalken
                      Bills need to recitfy the issues on pass defense. Giving up nearly 500 yards total offense to the Bengals is one thing, you give Mike Vick and this Eagles offense that same loose leash and FGs are replaced by TDs.

But point well taken about their run defense. Bills need to handle offensive control and keep the clock under control. I really don't want to see the Bills O fall into a rut now.
                      Actually its not, the Eagles are one of the worst redzone teams in the league.

Comment

• streetkings01
                        • Jul 2006

Philly is one of the few teams on both sides of the ball we match up horribly against.
                        You can call me streetkings

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by BuffaloBills06
                          Philly is one of the few teams on both sides of the ball we match up horribly against.
                          Why do you think we match up poorly against their defense?
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Crisis
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by psubills62
                            I agree on defense we don't, but on offense I think we match up quite well.
                            I agree with you, although I think KC is the only team our defense matches up well against...

They can't stop the run at all, as long as Gailey doesn't fall in love with ignoring Fred Jackson again, we can run it all over them. I want to see less spread and more Fred Jackson/Spiller this week.
                            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                            Vanek is Austrian not European
                            Originally posted by Prov401
                            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                            Originally posted by better days
                            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
                              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by WeAreArthurMoates
                              Actually its not, the Eagles are one of the worst redzone teams in the league.
                              And the Bills do not need to give them the opportunity to get that ball rolling again.

Comment

Working...
                              X