• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever
    Mr. Predictament
    • Feb 2003

Early signup for a high roller FF league

12 Team League and 5,000 Zonebucks for an entry.

1st Place- $30,000
    2nd Place- $15,000
    3rd Place- $10,000
    4th Place- $5,000
  • BillsOwnAll
    My IQ Test results came back negative
    • Oct 2002

im in

Comment

• Halbert
      I'm Not Normal
      • Jul 2002

I'll play.

Comment

• BillsFever
        Mr. Predictament
        • Feb 2003

Don't forget to send the payments to secure your spot.

Comment

• BillsFever
          Mr. Predictament
          • Feb 2003

Where are all the takers? Too expensive?

We're gonna hold the draft in a seperate chat room. The nfl.com website has a draft thing, but it messes up a lot of times.

We'll hold the draft seperately, then release the teams and pick our players up off of the FA market after they've been released.

They also restrict you to how you draft. You should be able to draft whoever and how many of either position you want.

Comment

• BillsFever
            Mr. Predictament
            • Feb 2003

The draft order will be determined like the NBA Draft.

Get them sent ASAP

Chances according to signup

1st- 5-BillsFever
            2nd- 4 Romes
            3rd- 4-BillsOwnAll
            4th- 3-Typ0
            5th- 3-Halbert
            6th- 3-Dozerdog
            7th- 2-Mr. Miyagi
            8th- 2-LOG
            9th- 2- Voltron
            10th- 1- Gunz
            11th- 1-SoCal
            12th- 1-Mike32282
            Last edited by BillsFever; 07-07-2003, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• Romes
              • Jul 2002

i'll play
              Originally posted by paladin warrior
              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• BillsFever
                Mr. Predictament
                • Feb 2003

Romes is paid. You are the 2nd person to signup.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                  My IQ Test results came back negative
                  • Oct 2002

i paid.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

I'm in.

Comment

• Halbert
                      I'm Not Normal
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever
                      We're gonna hold the draft in a seperate chat room. The nfl.com website has a draft thing, but it messes up a lot of times.

We'll hold the draft seperately, then release the teams and pick our players up off of the FA market after they've been released.

They also restrict you to how you draft. You should be able to draft whoever and how many of either position you want.
                      Just some concerns I have about this strategy. You are probably correct but I'd rather bring these up now before we draft just in case.

1. I've done a live draft many times on NFL.com and haven't had one mess up yet. Any problems have been associated with coaches who make mistakes due to unfamiliarity with the interface and being unprepared.

2. If you do the draft off-line (as planned) you must be prepared for coaches that are not there when it's their pick. We'll have to decide exactly what happens when a coach isn't available for a pick (or the entire draft). No matter how much you'll plan, I'll bet a minimum of one coach will not be present. If we use the live draft room on NFL.com we don't have to worry about that stuff.

3. Be careful about allowing someone to draft 6 QB's. There could be a lot of problems with this. First, NFL.com might not let you have more than X of a position on a team and if a coach has more than that you've got a problem. Second, if any coach misses a pick or even worse the entire draft, they'll end up with crappy RB's because someone else took 6 starters and the team with the crappy RB's will end up dead. Don't count on trades because the guy with all the starting RB's will want value and the guy with crappy RB's won't be able to provide value without ripping apart their team - making it even deader.

4. Finally, after being involved in live drafts held in a chat room, my best advice is - don't. It turns into a zoo everytime and somebody inevitably gets pissed and screwed out of a player they wanted. Then they end up, you guessed it, with a dead team.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I'm in.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

I'm in

Comment

• lordofgun
                            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

I'm in and paid!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• BillsFever
                              Mr. Predictament
                              • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Halbert

Just some concerns I have about this strategy. You are probably correct but I'd rather bring these up now before we draft just in case.

1. I've done a live draft many times on NFL.com and haven't had one mess up yet. Any problems have been associated with coaches who make mistakes due to unfamiliarity with the interface and being unprepared.

2. If you do the draft off-line (as planned) you must be prepared for coaches that are not there when it's their pick. We'll have to decide exactly what happens when a coach isn't available for a pick (or the entire draft). No matter how much you'll plan, I'll bet a minimum of one coach will not be present. If we use the live draft room on NFL.com we don't have to worry about that stuff.

3. Be careful about allowing someone to draft 6 QB's. There could be a lot of problems with this. First, NFL.com might not let you have more than X of a position on a team and if a coach has more than that you've got a problem. Second, if any coach misses a pick or even worse the entire draft, they'll end up with crappy RB's because someone else took 6 starters and the team with the crappy RB's will end up dead. Don't count on trades because the guy with all the starting RB's will want value and the guy with crappy RB's won't be able to provide value without ripping apart their team - making it even deader.

4. Finally, after being involved in live drafts held in a chat room, my best advice is - don't. It turns into a zoo everytime and somebody inevitably gets pissed and screwed out of a player they wanted. Then they end up, you guessed it, with a dead team.

1. I've never had a problem after the first time I used it either, but some people might.

2. They can send me their ranking list in case they can't attend the draft. Myself, I'll do anything it takes to be there at the draft. If I know when the draft is and can't attend it, then I won't join. That's why I missed out on all the BFZ FF Leagues last year, cause I couldn't find a draft the fit my schedule.

3. If somebody wants to draft 6QB's then they're idiots anyway . After the draft I'm pretty sure you can have as many as you want at a positon. I've had like 6 or 7 RB's on my roster at once sometimes because they were just too good to leave on FA.

4. We all seem like respectable adults, but you never know when it comes to FF and ZB's

Comment

Working...
                              X