PDA

View Full Version : My Semi Rant, Remember "You Make the Call"?

bf1
10-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Remember that sponsored segment during games called "You Make the Call"?

They would show a replay of a play and you rule on it to see if you knew the rules applicable to the replay?

Well, I used to be a wiz kid at them. Granted they were never too hard, but I always got them right.

Flash forward to now. I don't know what the f the rules are anymore. They change and change back so often that I lose track.

Ok, that's not my rant, per se.

My rant is that it's obvious that announcers, "experts", coaches, and REFEREES!!!! also can't keep up with the rule changes either.

I wish they'd just reset it all to the mid-80s-early90s rules. Was there ever so much confusion back then??/

trapezeus
10-03-2011, 12:43 PM
i loved "you make the call". i remember as a kid thinking they didn't do that nearly enough.

bf1
10-03-2011, 12:46 PM
I can't make the ***** call anymore.

You what else if funny too. Trying to explain stupid obscure rules to someone who doesn't know football. My wife asks me a few questions a week, which I love. And which usually gets follow up questions to, which I have found myself answering "...because it's a stupid rule" way to often.

Meathead
10-03-2011, 12:50 PM
you know, i just wish i could go out and have a nice leisurely meal with those refs because usually i like to be taken to dinner

BEFORE I GET F&@*ED

lol ok im letting it go now this time for real i mean it no i really do its over and im not gonna obsess its out of my mind now its not a factor i cant even remember what we were talking about what day is it i dont know who you are

Historian
10-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Ironically, the Bills one was Mezelaars catching a touchdown against the Bungholes.

BertSquirtgum
10-03-2011, 01:03 PM
I think people brought up the fact that the current longest winning streak was now the Bills against the Bengals and the NFL decided to end that.

Meathead
10-04-2011, 05:06 AM
at least its nice to know bf1 finally got a semi