• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MidnightVoice
    Retired (mostly)
    • Mar 2003

Still a lot to like about these Bills

Despite losing their first game of the season, there's still a lot to like about these Bills, Gene Wojciechowski writes.

You should have seen it.

NFL death poolers wept.

An announced crowd of 41,142 at Paul Brown Stadium (that includes cheerleaders, their pom-poms, beer vendors, their beers and anyone else within a 1-mile radius) roared in semi-disbelief.

Even the Cincinnati Bengals players themselves celebrated as though team numbskull/owner Mike Brown had just traded Carson Palmer for a half dozen first-round draft picks.

In case you're wondering if the Buffalo Bills have arrived, wonder no more. They have. Otherwise, there's no logical explanation for what happened Sunday at this ghost town of a stadium........

Strangely, I'm not giving up my seat. There's still a lot to like about these Bills -- even if you couldn't see it Sunday.

But to play
    that’s the thing
    shut up and deal
    ~ Jesse May
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: Still a lot to like about these Bills

cool.

Comment

• Don't Panic
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Dec 2005

Re: Still a lot to like about these Bills

Amen. This team has work to do... how can't they? They were 4-12 last year after all. But at the quarter turn, we've played 5 above average (if not stellar) halves and three poor ones. If we can get that ratio to 6 to 2, we're going to keep the pace of .750 ball. We're about to be challenged in the next month and a half, but the one thing this loss will do is keep these guys from taking anything for granted. Getting to 10 and 11 wins will still be a challenge, as will getting into the playoffs, but at least we're talking about the possibility of it rather than already considering 2012. This team has the right attitude. I still Billieve.

Comment

Working...
      X