• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

What's next for Bang or Bucks.

Ok a lot of chatter going on in the other thread and things are getting a little out of whack so I thought I would let you guy know what I am thinking about for next year.

It's going to combine the cards with a bit of a fantasy game. We would kick off with a draft... all the cards from this game would be eligible. I am not sure how many cards would be on each team yet. But then each week you would put one of your girls up against another team and the zone would vote on who's hotter... I would place a limit on how often you could use each girl and I would map out a bit of a schedule as well. But this way your stable is actually competing. You could post pictures in the thread, videos whatever you need to help sway the voting.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: What's next for Bang or Bucks.

DO IT.

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

Does any of this involved Mikey potentially getting laid?

Comment

• Dujek
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Jan 2008

If you're doing this Mikey's sister definitely needs to be included in the draft.

Comment

• BLeonard
          BoB Sabermetrician
          • Jan 2003

2 Questions off the top of my head:

1: So, only cards that were available this "season" would be draft eligible?

2: Would there still be daily auctions to add to the stables, or do you just draft your team and that's it?

-Bill

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

As far as the cards eligible I would probably open that up to whoever you wanted. It would just take me a while to recreate a new batch of cards.

I think we would start with a 6 round draft and still run auctions just probably less frequently.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

are you entertaining suggestions?

Comment

• BLeonard
                BoB Sabermetrician
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by King Bedard
                As far as the cards eligible I would probably open that up to whoever you wanted. It would just take me a while to recreate a new batch of cards.

I think we would start with a 6 round draft and still run auctions just probably less frequently.
                I like the idea of getting to draft whoever you want...

Would draft picks then have a cap value? For example: 1st rounder 30k, 2nd rounder 25K, etc etc and we would still have to stay under the cap? Or, would there no longer be any dollar values on cards?

Reason I ask is, if there is no dollar value and/or cap, what prevents a person from just bidding an insane amount when an auction comes up? Seems like the "rich guy" would win every auction if ther's no spending limits.

I see two potential issues so far, based on what I know:

1: Nobody would be able to join in midgame, if you're planning on a head to head type schedule.

2: People quitting or simply not participating once the game gets going. Might have to do something in the event that someone goes on vacation or some other reason that they wouldn't have internet access for a length of time.

But, I do like the idea of competing and the idea of being able to pick whoever you want and not just being limited to what is made available.

-Bill
                Last edited by BLeonard; 10-04-2011, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

They idea of the open draft would make it difficult for everyone to play... it would also make the difference between round 1-5 minimal since there's so much talent out there. So Im not 100% on that.

Maybe the first round can be open then the rest of the draft will be based on the cards in play.
                  It was all

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Historian
                    Does any of this involved Mikey potentially getting laid?
                    His vote may need buying.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                      • Jan 2003

I would suggest if you have a head to head matchup, you use several cards against each other, an odd number of cards too. Then you could have them pit their cards up against each other. IE: If five cards are used, each player would place a number on each card, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 in whatever order they choose. Then pit 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, etc. people then vote on who is hotter for each one. Then you could have any scoring system that you want. Winner could be whoever has the most wins on their cards, or you could award points per card with one getting 3 points for 3 winning cards and loser 2 for 2 winning cards. You can even have a point or two for overall win. You would need an odd number of cards so that there is a clear winner (unless of course there are ties).

Just a suggestion. That way people use more cards.
                      More difficult for the person setting it up since you would have to make 5 polls for each competition. Probably only one competition each day.

Comment

• BLeonard
                        BoB Sabermetrician
                        • Jan 2003

They idea of the open draft would make it difficult for everyone to play... it would also make the difference between round 1-5 minimal since there's so much talent out there. So Im not 100% on that.

Maybe the first round can be open then the rest of the draft will be based on the cards in play.
                        I don't see how having the entrie draft open makes it difficult for everyone to play... Unless you're meaning people that want to play after the draft is over. It'd be harder, IMO, to get people that join late worked into the h2h schedule, as they could always do a supplemental draft of sorts.

The ony issue I see with the drafting itself would be the time it takes someone to make a pick... I'm remembering Thurm's 4 round fantasy mock... The simple way would be to have everyone submit a list and, when they are on the clock, give them X amount of time before going to the list. If they fail to submit a list and don't get their pick in, tough luck.

Pending on how many cards total you'd be allowing per team, I'd suggest making 1/3 of the total part of the draft... So, if the limit is 10 cards max, have a 3 round draft.

As for the difference between rounds 1-5 being minimal, that's where personal preference kicks in... Just because someone else thinks Halle Berry is a 3rd rounder doesn't mean I think the same way... I could think she's higher or lower.

-Bill

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Thurm- what's Fantasy Boyz take on this? Who do I start?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Ok a lot of chatter going on in the other thread and things are getting a little out of whack so I thought I would let you guy know what I am thinking about for next year.

It's going to combine the cards with a bit of a fantasy game. We would kick off with a draft... all the cards from this game would be eligible. I am not sure how many cards would be on each team yet. But then each week you would put one of your girls up against another team and the zone would vote on who's hotter... I would place a limit on how often you could use each girl and I would map out a bit of a schedule as well. But this way your stable is actually competing. You could post pictures in the thread, videos whatever you need to help sway the voting.
                            Sorry but I don't like the idea. It reminds me of a popularity contest.

Example, Blen vs. Draftboy

Now there is no way BLen should win this with his stable of mules. But some of us might hold DB being a DB against him and vote for Blen.

Another example is the Zone Awards. Clearly people were biased there.
                            Last edited by TacklingDummy; 10-04-2011, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dujek
                              If you're doing this Mikey's sister definitely needs to be included in the draft.
                              No she doesn't. Not unless we can include your mom, wife or sister and everyone else's wife. Family should be untouchable, IMO and I respectfully ask that she not be included in anything related to bang or bucks, including the old version and this one.
                              Last edited by Michael82; 10-04-2011, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X