PDA

View Full Version : What's next for Bang or Bucks.

The King
10-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Ok a lot of chatter going on in the other thread and things are getting a little out of whack so I thought I would let you guy know what I am thinking about for next year.

It's going to combine the cards with a bit of a fantasy game. We would kick off with a draft... all the cards from this game would be eligible. I am not sure how many cards would be on each team yet. But then each week you would put one of your girls up against another team and the zone would vote on who's hotter... I would place a limit on how often you could use each girl and I would map out a bit of a schedule as well. But this way your stable is actually competing. You could post pictures in the thread, videos whatever you need to help sway the voting.

THATHURMANATOR
10-04-2011, 09:23 AM
DO IT.

Historian
10-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Does any of this involved Mikey potentially getting laid?

Dujek
10-04-2011, 10:34 AM
If you're doing this Mikey's sister definitely needs to be included in the draft.

BLeonard
10-04-2011, 10:40 AM
2 Questions off the top of my head:

1: So, only cards that were available this "season" would be draft eligible?

2: Would there still be daily auctions to add to the stables, or do you just draft your team and that's it?

-Bill

The King
10-04-2011, 10:48 AM
As far as the cards eligible I would probably open that up to whoever you wanted. It would just take me a while to recreate a new batch of cards.

I think we would start with a 6 round draft and still run auctions just probably less frequently.

chernobylwraiths
10-04-2011, 11:10 AM
are you entertaining suggestions?

BLeonard
10-04-2011, 11:12 AM
As far as the cards eligible I would probably open that up to whoever you wanted. It would just take me a while to recreate a new batch of cards.

I think we would start with a 6 round draft and still run auctions just probably less frequently.

I like the idea of getting to draft whoever you want...

Would draft picks then have a cap value? For example: 1st rounder 30k, 2nd rounder 25K, etc etc and we would still have to stay under the cap? Or, would there no longer be any dollar values on cards?

Reason I ask is, if there is no dollar value and/or cap, what prevents a person from just bidding an insane amount when an auction comes up? Seems like the "rich guy" would win every auction if ther's no spending limits.

I see two potential issues so far, based on what I know:

1: Nobody would be able to join in midgame, if you're planning on a head to head type schedule.

2: People quitting or simply not participating once the game gets going. Might have to do something in the event that someone goes on vacation or some other reason that they wouldn't have internet access for a length of time.

But, I do like the idea of competing and the idea of being able to pick whoever you want and not just being limited to what is made available.

-Bill

The King
10-04-2011, 11:17 AM
They idea of the open draft would make it difficult for everyone to play... it would also make the difference between round 1-5 minimal since there's so much talent out there. So Im not 100% on that.

Maybe the first round can be open then the rest of the draft will be based on the cards in play.

DraftBoy
10-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Does any of this involved Mikey potentially getting laid?

His vote may need buying.

chernobylwraiths
10-04-2011, 11:28 AM
I would suggest if you have a head to head matchup, you use several cards against each other, an odd number of cards too. Then you could have them pit their cards up against each other. IE: If five cards are used, each player would place a number on each card, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 in whatever order they choose. Then pit 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, etc. people then vote on who is hotter for each one. Then you could have any scoring system that you want. Winner could be whoever has the most wins on their cards, or you could award points per card with one getting 3 points for 3 winning cards and loser 2 for 2 winning cards. You can even have a point or two for overall win. You would need an odd number of cards so that there is a clear winner (unless of course there are ties).

Just a suggestion. That way people use more cards.
More difficult for the person setting it up since you would have to make 5 polls for each competition. Probably only one competition each day.

BLeonard
10-04-2011, 11:42 AM
They idea of the open draft would make it difficult for everyone to play... it would also make the difference between round 1-5 minimal since there's so much talent out there. So Im not 100% on that.

Maybe the first round can be open then the rest of the draft will be based on the cards in play.

I don't see how having the entrie draft open makes it difficult for everyone to play... Unless you're meaning people that want to play after the draft is over. It'd be harder, IMO, to get people that join late worked into the h2h schedule, as they could always do a supplemental draft of sorts.

The ony issue I see with the drafting itself would be the time it takes someone to make a pick... I'm remembering Thurm's 4 round fantasy mock... The simple way would be to have everyone submit a list and, when they are on the clock, give them X amount of time before going to the list. If they fail to submit a list and don't get their pick in, tough luck.

Pending on how many cards total you'd be allowing per team, I'd suggest making 1/3 of the total part of the draft... So, if the limit is 10 cards max, have a 3 round draft.

As for the difference between rounds 1-5 being minimal, that's where personal preference kicks in... Just because someone else thinks Halle Berry is a 3rd rounder doesn't mean I think the same way... I could think she's higher or lower.

-Bill

Dozerdog
10-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Thurm- what's Fantasy Boyz take on this? Who do I start?

TacklingDummy
10-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Ok a lot of chatter going on in the other thread and things are getting a little out of whack so I thought I would let you guy know what I am thinking about for next year.

It's going to combine the cards with a bit of a fantasy game. We would kick off with a draft... all the cards from this game would be eligible. I am not sure how many cards would be on each team yet. But then each week you would put one of your girls up against another team and the zone would vote on who's hotter... I would place a limit on how often you could use each girl and I would map out a bit of a schedule as well. But this way your stable is actually competing. You could post pictures in the thread, videos whatever you need to help sway the voting.

Sorry but I don't like the idea. It reminds me of a popularity contest.

Example, Blen vs. Draftboy

Now there is no way BLen should win this with his stable of mules. But some of us might hold DB being a DB against him and vote for Blen.

Another example is the Zone Awards. Clearly people were biased there.

Michael82
10-04-2011, 02:32 PM
If you're doing this Mikey's sister definitely needs to be included in the draft.
No she doesn't. Not unless we can include your mom, wife or sister and everyone else's wife. Family should be untouchable, IMO and I respectfully ask that she not be included in anything related to bang or bucks, including the old version and this one.

TacklingDummy
10-04-2011, 02:41 PM
No she doesn't. Not unless we can include your mom, wife or sister and everyone else's wife. Family should be untouchable, IMO and I respectfully ask that she not be included in anything related to bang or bucks, including the old version and this one.

I see where you are going but not all of us have SILF or WILF etc...

You don't see the King putting Whoppi Goldberg or Penny Marshall up for bid.

:peace:

BLeonard
10-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Sorry but I don't like the idea. It reminds me of a popularity contest.

Example, Blen vs. Draftboy

Now there is no way BLen should win this with his stable of mules. But some of us might hold DB being a DB against him and vote for Blen.

Another example is the Zone Awards. Clearly people were biased there.

I tend to agree on the "popularity contest" part... You could also see people voting one way or another, in order to improve their personal position.

Example: If I'm in 3rd place and the 1st place guy is playing the 7th place guy... I'm wanting the 7th place guy to win, to increase my chances of getting closer to the #1 guy...

As far as the "BLen vs Draftboy" comment, I'm betting TD doesn't even know who Draftboy has without looking.

But, he raises a good point with the popularity contest factor...

-Bill

hydro
10-04-2011, 02:47 PM
So in conclusion. No matter what we do there isn't going to be a "perfect" game. At some point we are going to have to compromise. No?

TacklingDummy
10-04-2011, 02:47 PM
As far as the "BLen vs Draftboy" comment, I'm betting TD doesn't even know who Draftboy has without looking.

-Bill

I know he has the chick from The Big Bang Theory in his stable and that trumps all your cards combined.

The King
10-04-2011, 02:49 PM
The alternative to going head to head with a vote would be to follow the girls trending for the week. Right now amanda knox would be dominant... Actresses with premiers would do well models would do well around paegents and swimsuit issues.

BLeonard
10-04-2011, 03:01 PM
So in conclusion. No matter what we do there isn't going to be a "perfect" game. At some point we are going to have to compromise. No?

When I was working on a "hotness factor" for my Power Rankings, I said I needed 5 people (4 and myself) to rank each "team" from top to bottom in order to get a fair hotness ranking. My plan allowed for the top and bottom votes to be dropped, which would help eliminate some of the effect a "biased vote" would have. The main problem? I couldn't find 4 people willing to do it.

If 4 people weren't willing to vote on a weekly basis, how many will actually vote in a head-to-head fashion? There's also no way to lessen the effect of a "biased voter" that way, either.

My guess would be, people would probably be into voting early on, but then the voting would taper off as time went on.

You're right, there's no way to get a "perfect" vote, because people's tastes vary... But, throwing in that "I'm gonna vote for this guy, because I need to catch up to the other guy" situation and people would likley vote for what helps them out the most and not necessarily who has the better stable.

I'd be willing to bet most Bills fans want the Jets to beat New England this week, because that helps the Bills out... Same principle applies here. Make sense?

-Bill

BLeonard
10-04-2011, 03:03 PM
The alternative to going head to head with a vote would be to follow the girls trending for the week. Right now amanda knox would be dominant... Actresses with premiers would do well models would do well around paegents and swimsuit issues.

Speaking of Knox, have you gotten Miyagi's PM?

He and I have a deal in principle... Just need you to pull the trigger on his roster move.

-Bill

hydro
10-04-2011, 03:04 PM
I would be willing to help. I must have missed your post that asked for volunteers.

The King
10-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Speaking of Knox, have you gotten Miyagi's PM?

He and I have a deal in principle... Just need you to pull the trigger on his roster move.

-Bill

He needs to get rid of adams first she'll be listed tomorrow.

BLeonard
10-04-2011, 03:26 PM

Dunno how you'd track that, to be honest... Plus, there's a good chunk of crossover... Is Brooklyn Decker a model or an actress? And, when would a "trend" be over? Hell, you could hear about Amanda Knox doing the interview circuit and the book circuit for the next year.

Also, just because Amanda Knox is "trending" right now, I don't think that would make her "hotter" as far as looks are concerned than say, Lucy Pinder, who, to the best of my knowledge, hasn't been involved in anything major recently.

It's a cool idea to have the "value" of the cards raise and lower, but don't know how well the "trending" idea would work.

-Bill

BLeonard
10-04-2011, 03:30 PM
He needs to get rid of adams first she'll be listed tomorrow.

Didn't know he had to pull her from his sig before you confirmed the buyback... Never sold a card back before...

All's I know is he was waiting for you to confirm that you have bought her back...

-Bill

Static
10-04-2011, 03:36 PM
I remember when this game was fun, girls were put up for auction, someone won, then the rest called her a skank. No rankings, No analysis, No commenting on every aspect of this game........just buying *****es........*sigh*

BLeonard
10-04-2011, 03:45 PM
I remember when this game was fun, girls were put up for auction, someone won, then the rest called her a skank. No rankings, No analysis, No commenting on every aspect of this game........just buying *****es........*sigh*

Right now, as far as I know, people are just discussing and throwing out options...

The main issue right now with the game is how do we determine a winner? Kind of an important factor in playing a game, unless you're one of those people that thinks everyone should tie all the time. :lol:

-Bill

The King
10-04-2011, 03:46 PM
It's not easy being the king Static.

YardRat
10-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Bad idea, IMO.

Just tweak the original premise a little bit, don't overhaul it.

TacklingDummy
10-04-2011, 05:12 PM
I also think we should have to get are wives/girl friend to sign permission forms to release us to play.

BLeonard
10-04-2011, 05:26 PM
I also think we should have to get are wives/girl friend to sign permission forms to release us to play.

Some of us don't need permission from our wives/GF's... No X-Era rule needed here. :laughing:

I'm with YardRat... I think a major overhaul would be overkill. Some tweaks wouldn't be bad (like, figuring out how to determine a winner) but I like the general premise of the game the way it is.

If you're worried about people blowing through their cap too early, divide the game into 4 "quarters," as I suggested. Have a cap for each "quarter."

I think the general premise of the game is perfectly fine... Just need a way to determine a winner. If you divide the year into 4 "quarters," you could have a vote for the winner of each quarter, then a final four vote for the overall winner.

I still like my idea of "wild card" days and a potential draft, but the wild card days would be random, like flash auctions and not an everyday addition.

H2H, I fear would just be too tough to track, especially if people aren't involved when the voting happens... The less work Bedard and the players have to do, IMO, will make the game more accessible for everyone.

-Bill

jamze132
10-05-2011, 01:43 AM
I would also recommend that when a lady is won or drafted, the current version of that lady should be in play. Say I have Cindy Crawford, all of the pics or videos that I use to compete with her should be present day Cindy Crawford and not 1990 Cindy Crawford. Just a suggestion.

rbochan
10-05-2011, 06:00 AM
Seems like it's time for a lockout.

mysticsoto
10-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Some of us don't need permission from our wives/GF's... No X-Era rule needed here. :laughing:

I'm with YardRat... I think a major overhaul would be overkill. Some tweaks wouldn't be bad (like, figuring out how to determine a winner) but I like the general premise of the game the way it is.

If you're worried about people blowing through their cap too early, divide the game into 4 "quarters," as I suggested. Have a cap for each "quarter."

I think the general premise of the game is perfectly fine... Just need a way to determine a winner. If you divide the year into 4 "quarters," you could have a vote for the winner of each quarter, then a final four vote for the overall winner.

I still like my idea of "wild card" days and a potential draft, but the wild card days would be random, like flash auctions and not an everyday addition.

H2H, I fear would just be too tough to track, especially if people aren't involved when the voting happens... The less work Bedard and the players have to do, IMO, will make the game more accessible for everyone.

-Bill

Who cares if people blow their cap early. That's their problem. Don't change the game to remove strategy from it completely. If it's just going to be grabbing whatever women is available and no strategy is involved, the game will get boring fast.

The King
10-05-2011, 08:24 AM
I would also recommend that when a lady is won or drafted, the current version of that lady should be in play. Say I have Cindy Crawford, all of the pics or videos that I use to compete with her should be present day Cindy Crawford and not 1990 Cindy Crawford. Just a suggestion.

I try to stay with in a 5 year radius on this.

BLeonard
10-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Who cares if people blow their cap early. That's their problem. Don't change the game to remove strategy from it completely. If it's just going to be grabbing whatever women is available and no strategy is involved, the game will get boring fast.

Personally, I agree. The problem is, because people have done that, there's less activity in the bidding. I believe Bedard wants to keep as many people involved for as long as possible.

That's why I suggested dividing the year up into quarters and giving a cap for each quarter. Yes, people will likely still blow through their cap, but, as opposed to being out the entire year, they'd only be out a couple months. I don't think it would affect the strategy aspect of the game, as the cap wouldn't carry over from quarter to quarter.

Personally, I'm patient and have no issues whatsoeevr with playing a full 365 day year with one cap from day one. Others aren't the same way, though and I believe Bedard wants to find a way to keep as many people involved for as long as possible.

Keep in mind, this "season," when completed, will have been less than 6 months long... That's only half the year. I also think people will have learned their lesson from blowing their cash too quickly this season and that should come into play next season.

-Bill

Mski
10-05-2011, 01:38 PM
i think one way to try to keep the "favortisim" to a minimum is to make the polling anonymus as to who "owns" the cards, and put it in the TZ instead of here

i know most of us that come to this forum would have a general idea who's cards are who's

BLeonard
10-06-2011, 12:46 AM
i think one way to try to keep the "favortisim" to a minimum is to make the polling anonymus as to who "owns" the cards, and put it in the TZ instead of here

i know most of us that come to this forum would have a general idea who's cards are who's

Not a bad idea in theory... Only thing would be, how many people would vote that don't have cards, or know who the cards belonged to? Especially if we post pics, videos, etc in the thread, as Bedard originally suggested.

My guess is, the majority of voters would be the participants in the game. It might kill the favoritism factor of a little, but not too much, IMO.

-Bill