PDA

View Full Version : The Sabres have a 25% chance of winning the Cup!

Dr. Lecter
10-04-2011, 11:19 AM
The last 3 Cup winners all started the season in Europe.

So it will be the Sabres, Kings, Ducks or Rangers this year.

SabreEleven
10-04-2011, 11:32 AM
I give it 33% since there is no chance for the Rangers to win it.

G Wolly
10-04-2011, 12:12 PM
We were supposed to win it in 08-09.

Before us, the last 2 teams to win the president's trophy one season to miss the playoffs the next, came back after that to win the cup.

I believe the Rangers was one.

TMu11
10-05-2011, 09:16 AM
If any year is ours, its now. The new regime, the constant improvements, and the slowly changing Buffalo sports attitude (for the positive) should give this team the boost it needs to become great.

For Gods Sake I hope So

OpIv37
10-05-2011, 09:52 AM
If any year is ours, its now. The new regime, the constant improvements, and the slowly changing Buffalo sports attitude (for the positive) should give this team the boost it needs to become great.

For Gods Sake I hope So

the Sabres have a lot of momentum behind them and are improving, but I still think they're long shots for the Cup this year. The talent level just isn't quite there yet. With the way Pegula is running things, a Cup is in our future. I just don't think it'll be this season.

JD
10-05-2011, 10:10 AM
the Sabres have a lot of momentum behind them and are improving, but I still think they're long shots for the Cup this year. The talent level just isn't quite there yet. With the way Pegula is running things, a Cup is in our future. I just don't think it'll be this season.

What are our needs now? ..besides a PP QB?

Dr. Lecter
10-05-2011, 10:17 AM
They actually have that in Ehroff

rbochan
10-05-2011, 10:27 AM

They'll need to get over the growing pains.

SabreEleven
10-05-2011, 10:41 AM

For Gods Sake I hope So

So if the Sabres don't win the Cup this year, it's over? This is just the beginning of the new era. Pegula and Black are going to do whatever it take ever off season make improvements. Every year from now on will be our year but they still have work to do to build a winner. Pegula wants CupS.....

SabreEleven
10-05-2011, 10:44 AM

I agree, I don't see the Sabres winning the Cup this year but I'm not ready to throw them under the bus but it's an outside chance to win it this year. This past off season they addressed the defense nicely. Next off season, I think they need to bring in more offense. My prediction: the 3rd year Pegula owns the Sabres will bring the Cup to Buffalo.

TMu11
10-05-2011, 11:31 AM
So if the Sabres don't win the Cup this year, it's over? This is just the beginning of the new era. Pegula and Black are going to do whatever it take ever off season make improvements. Every year from now on will be our year but they still have work to do to build a winner. Pegula wants CupS.....

Of course not. But with the drastic changes I think we have a better shot than in previous years.

I have no idea what the future will bring so I choose not to comment on it. My comment is based on the past few years

OpIv37
10-05-2011, 11:31 AM

a C and a true scorer.

SabreEleven
10-05-2011, 02:31 PM
A talent influx? Pretty much every forward line is mediocre compared to what other teams are icing.............

You are pretty much just here to rile up the kids because you bring nothing interesting to the table.

Dr. Lecter
10-05-2011, 02:39 PM
A talent influx? Pretty much every forward line is mediocre compared to what other teams are icing.............
How were they in the top ten in goals scored last year in that case?

SabreEleven
10-05-2011, 07:41 PM
That's cool and all, but you stack their lines up against the rest of the league and they're middle of the pack. It's part of the reason they're susceptible to being overpowered by good teams and have a slim chance of going deep, none of their lines can really handle carrying the team if need be..............

In your opinion because the stats say differently

Electrici
10-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Let's let the season begin before we start complaining about how poor the offense may or may not be.

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
10-06-2011, 12:07 AM

#1 Centerman

SabreEleven
05-09-2012, 02:47 PM
2 of the 4 teams are still in it.

PTI
06-19-2012, 09:52 AM
4 in a row, and the least likely keeps this streak alive.

SabreEleven
06-19-2012, 10:11 AM
I think the Sabres were the least likely to keep this streak alive.

PTI
06-19-2012, 10:19 AM
I think the Sabres were the least likely to keep this streak alive.

Before the season started? I mean, after the first two games the Sabres dominated, I think the least was the Kings, but of course, Sabres and Ducks did not make the playoffs. I would had Sabres as the top team, without a homer thought.