PDA

View Full Version : Coverage maps

OpIv37
10-05-2011, 09:55 AM
http://the506.com/nflmaps/2011/wk5.html

yup, the one week I'm out of town, the Bills are actually on local TV for me.

I can't win.

psubills62
10-05-2011, 10:06 AM
What the heck...why would anyone think the middle of Indiana cares about Tampa Bay and San Fran?

Ed
10-05-2011, 10:10 AM
What the heck...why would anyone think the middle of Indiana cares about Tampa Bay and San Fran?
Because it's the only late game on Fox and they're not going to show an early game on Fox since the Colts play an early game on CBS.

OpIv37
10-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Because it's the only late game on Fox and they're not going to show an early game on Fox since the Colts play an early game on CBS.

translation: it's all part of the NFL's long-standing "if you don't root for the local team, we're going to bilk you out of money one way or the other" policy.

Mr. Miyagi
10-05-2011, 10:31 AM
I get New Orleans @ Carolina. :mad:

Joe Fo Sho
10-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Seriously? Syracuse networks aren't getting the Bills game??? Who the frig cares about the Giants vs. the Seahawks??? I hate when the Bills play on fox..

Cntrygal
10-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Cards / Vikes

Indy / Chiefs

:sigh:

Homegrown
10-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Sunday Ticket is your friend ...

OpIv37
10-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Sunday Ticket is your friend ...
it was, until I moved to a place with no line of sight for the dish....

Dr. Lecter
10-05-2011, 12:11 PM
I can't win.

This needs to go on your tombstone.

Mr. Miyagi
10-05-2011, 12:13 PM
:lolpoint:
Cards / Vikes

Indy / Chiefs

:sigh:

Slim
10-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Really? It comes within like a centimeter of Bakersfield.

Slim
10-05-2011, 12:32 PM

I can't win.

So you're saying the Bills are going to win this week?

Historian
10-05-2011, 12:50 PM
At least we won't have to listen to annoying, innane Taskerisms like...

"He wants a pass interference call but he's not gonna git it!"

:shudder:

OpIv37
10-05-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm going to be in Syracuse and they're getting the ****ing Giants game.

Figures.

Mad Max
10-05-2011, 01:06 PM
it was, until I moved to a place with no line of sight for the dish....

FYI It's available over PS3 now. The quality is said to be excellent as well. So as long as you have a good Internet connection the only additional barrier to entry would be the cost of a new/used PS3 (new is $250$)

OpIv37
10-05-2011, 01:18 PM
FYI It's available over PS3 now. The quality is said to be excellent as well. So as long as you have a good Internet connection the only additional barrier to entry would be the cost of a new/used PS3 (new is $250$)

yeah I have it on the PS3- the quality comes and goes based on bandwidth. When the quality is low, it works pretty good, when the quality is high, it keeps stopping to re-buffer. It's better than nothing but it's not the same as DTV.

stuckincincy
10-05-2011, 01:32 PM
http://the506.com/nflmaps/2011/wk5.html

I can't win.

I kept track of what was shown for 3 years, here in the CIN area.

There was a steady diet of GB, all NFC East teams, PIT, NO, CLE, and NE. Those clubs were close to 50% of the game offerings, Fox and CBS.

I think the last BUF game I saw was 5 years ago. I had hopes last season, with the AFC East squaring off against the AFC North. But nothing. Like last Sunday - no sellout. Why anyone would put money into owner Brown's wallet is mystifying.

The Buf/CIN tilt was blacked out, same as last week.

GB has been the broadcast darling for several years here, along with DAL. I rooted for years to see Favre get crushed. If the affiliates determine that they can get more advertising $$$, so it goes...

Mad Max
10-05-2011, 03:14 PM
yeah I have it on the PS3- the quality comes and goes based on bandwidth. When the quality is low, it works pretty good, when the quality is high, it keeps stopping to re-buffer. It's better than nothing but it's not the same as DTV.

Interesting so apparently very high bandwidth is required (which your cable system doesn't seem to have?).

Do you know what your bandwidth is off hand?

I have FIOS now and it blazes, nothing comes close, but unfortunately I'm moving to an area where it's not available so I wonder if my next cable company will be up to the task.

Crisis
10-05-2011, 03:24 PM
I actually get the Bills game!

Scumbag College
10-05-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm going to be in Syracuse and they're getting the ****ing Giants game.

Figures.

You're coming here at the right time of year at least...it's going to be sunny and 70 here all weekend. I am going to go to Wild Wings and watch the game while getting plastered.

Das_Bills
10-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Its nice because I live near Philly. Finally get to watch a game.

TheBrownBear
10-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Holy hell, we get another Bills game down here in San Diego!!! :)

I can't recall the last time we got two Sunday day games down here in SoCal during the same season, let alone in the first five weeks. The irony is that I won't get the one Bills game you'd think I'd get here, vs. the Chargers, since it will likely be another local blackout.

Mad Max
10-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Holy hell, we get another Bills game down here in San Diego!!! :)

I can't recall the last time we got two Sunday day games down here in SoCal during the same season, let alone in the first five weeks. The irony is that I won't get the one Bills game you'd think I'd get here, vs. the Chargers, since it will likely be another local blackout.
Why sweat a blackout? Get out of the woods and get to the game! December in San Diego to watch the Bills play...$50 tickets, with the Bills having a legit chance to win? Priceless.

EDIT: I lied...how about $40? For a pretty good view to boot.

http://www.ticketsaregreat.com/ResultsTicket.aspx?evtid=1606667&event=San+Diego+Chargers+vs.+Buffalo+Bills

http://vfs.seatics.com/SD/nfl_chargers/800x600/47v.jpg

DraftBoy
10-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Why sweat a blackout? Get out of the woods and get to the game! December in San Diego to watch the Bills play...$50 tickets, with the Bills having a legit chance to win? Priceless.

Didn't you read his location, he's in a whales vajayjay not the woods. Little more complicated I think. Though I wonder how he gets cable down there.

Mad Max
10-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Didn't you read his location, he's in a whales vajayjay not the woods. Little more complicated I think. Though I wonder how he gets cable down there.

Ahh see now that location is subject to interpretation. "Whale" could easily be a reference to a very plump woman from Temecula or Apple Valley that he's "in". I've driven through there...and yes there were "whale" sightings.