PDA

View Full Version : The Bills are doomed this Sunday

ghz in pittsburgh
10-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Last Sunday I changed my game time meal from snail and wine to chicken wings and beer for the first time this season. And we saw the result - even though I poured extra Fransk sauce for my half time munch.

At my buddies's urging, I went out shopping after work yesterday. Guess what? My favorite grocer ran out Escargot and they don't know if they are going to get any later this week.

I guess Michael Vick must've senn this coming and bought them all.

better days
10-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Last Sunday I changed my game time meal from snail and wine to chicken wings and beer for the first time this season. And we saw the result - even though I poured extra Fransk sauce for my half time munch.

At my buddies's urging, I went out shopping after work yesterday. Guess what? My favorite grocer ran out Escargot and they don't know if they are going to get any later this week.

Well. it is all your fault for having snail & wine week one. That is a meal fitting for a 49er fan, NOT a Bills fan on Sunday.

Ginger Vitis
10-05-2011, 11:32 AM
I watched the 1st 3 games at home with my Dad.. Against Cinci I left my place at halftime to go watch the 2nd half with my Buddy.. F**k I knew I was tempting fate and karma and told my buddy so when I got to his place

THATHURMANATOR
10-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Way to go guys!!!!!

OpIv37
10-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Well. it is all your fault for having snail & wine week one. That is a meal fitting for a 49er fan, NOT a Bills fan on Sunday.

add some caviar, expensive champagne, and maybe some brie, then you have a Redskins tailgate.

Don't forget to hang out by the snooty food until halfway through the first quarter before remembering that there's a game and heading into the stadium.

ChristopherWalken
10-05-2011, 11:39 AM

Try the pet store!

psubills62
10-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Don't worry, it will all balance out by me putting Vick and Desean Jackson in my starting lineups in fantasy football. It's guaranteed that they'll suck now.

justasportsfan
10-05-2011, 11:40 AM
just grab the ones outside you house.

zone
10-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Don't worry, it will all balance out by me putting Vick and Desean Jackson in my starting lineups in fantasy football. It's guaranteed that they'll suck now.
I am taking Fitz and Chandler out and starting Vick, that will definitely guarantee a big win for us.

TigerJ
10-05-2011, 01:59 PM
My suggestion is to go outside some morning after a rain or heavy dew and harvest yourself a bunch of slugs. They are, after all, essentially snails without the shell. If you're not expecting rain or a heavy dew, use some of your beer. Set an aluminum pie tin in the ground so the top is flush with the ground level. Fill it with beer. Tomorrow morning it should be filled with slugs. That happens to be an old gardening tip if you're having a wet growing season and slugs are feasting on your young plants. As an added advantage, they'll already be marinated in beer, if you like that sort of thing.

imbondz
10-05-2011, 02:02 PM
if anyone does anything different than what they did the first 3 games you're not true fans

JoeMama
10-05-2011, 02:18 PM

What are you, a soccer fan?

trapezeus
10-05-2011, 02:24 PM
snail and wine? to truly be a fan, you need to be eating that because you hate it. if you actually enjoy it, then it has no impact on the outcome of the game. These be the rules.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-05-2011, 02:37 PM
To clarify to a number of the response, I may have escargot and wine once or twice a year in the past. On Sept 11 we happen to have a party (not football related) and we had that at lunch. Since then I was asked to stick to it by my football buddy and I did it for two more weeks.

I'll say this. I had this dish in Paris the first time many years ago and I liked it. Back in the States, we tried on occasion and I think it worked out good. But 3 weeks in a row is a little too much to me.

stuckincincy
10-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Buy a can of squirt cheese, a water bottle, potatoe chips of your choice, pork rinds, cheese popcorn and some Reese's cups or other chocolate candy of your choice.

. Hold the squirt cheese can between your legs or under your fanny to warm it up.

. The purpose of the water bottle is to cleanse your mouth before having a Reese's cup or other chocolate. Having a beer after a piece of chocolate makes a disagreeable foaming.

One of those 12 packs of Hostess cupcakes is a plus, because you can dole them out to pesky kids so they will go away. Also - with the advent of LCD whatever HD screens, you can't fire hard objects anymore. However, a cupcake impact is merely is a clean-up job - no lasting damage.

ServoBillieves
10-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Last week: 51 throwback, check. Balls of Fury underwear: check. Bills hat (different one every week): check. Case of Budweiser: check. At my family friends house: check.

Girlfriend? At work. Bills lose.

It's my girlfriends fault. Blame her... I do. Good news, she will be there this weekend. Holding up her store after the loss and demanding her off every Sunday was well worth the $2000 bond.

RoscoeMagic
10-05-2011, 04:11 PM
I watched the 1st 3 games at home with my Dad.. Against Cinci I left my place at halftime to go watch the 2nd half with my Buddy.. F**k I knew I was tempting fate and karma and told my buddy so when I got to his place

Same thing with me. I watched the first three with my dad as well and against Cincy I did not. Interesting :scratch:

northernbillfan
10-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Last week: 51 throwback, check. Balls of Fury underwear: check. Bills hat (different one every week): check. Case of Budweiser: check. At my family friends house: check.

Girlfriend? At work. Bills lose.

It's my girlfriends fault. Blame her... I do. Good news, she will be there this weekend. Holding up her store after the loss and demanding her off every Sunday was well worth the $2000 bond.:roflmao: Now that's a fan!

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-05-2011, 05:39 PM
it's definitely my fault. this is the first week where in the first half i said the words 'we are gonna win this game.' that's including week one.

hemi13
10-05-2011, 06:29 PM
I did everything the same, but I didn't have an upset stomach. I did the first 3 weeks. I knew we were in trouble. I do remember when I would get sick on game day back in the 90's. All my buddies at the Denver Bills Backers would ask if I got sick that morning. If I didn't they worried, if I did, we were going to win. Stupid I know, but I've always been that way, even when I played. We will see how my stomach is this Sunday morning.

The last buffalo fan
10-05-2011, 08:16 PM
I switched my old bills hat for the ****ing BIllieve hat, and my Andre Reed jersey for the Jim Kelly greatest hits! :ill: