X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

The Bills are doomed this Sunday

Last Sunday I changed my game time meal from snail and wine to chicken wings and beer for the first time this season. And we saw the result - even though I poured extra Fransk sauce for my half time munch.

At my buddies's urging, I went out shopping after work yesterday. Guess what? My favorite grocer ran out Escargot and they don't know if they are going to get any later this week.

I guess Michael Vick must've senn this coming and bought them all.
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: The Bills are doomed this Sunday

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
    Last Sunday I changed my game time meal from snail and wine to chicken wings and beer for the first time this season. And we saw the result - even though I poured extra Fransk sauce for my half time munch.

At my buddies's urging, I went out shopping after work yesterday. Guess what? My favorite grocer ran out Escargot and they don't know if they are going to get any later this week.

Well. it is all your fault for having snail & wine week one. That is a meal fitting for a 49er fan, NOT a Bills fan on Sunday.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
      • Feb 2009

I watched the 1st 3 games at home with my Dad.. Against Cinci I left my place at halftime to go watch the 2nd half with my Buddy.. F**k I knew I was tempting fate and karma and told my buddy so when I got to his place

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Way to go guys!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days
          Well. it is all your fault for having snail & wine week one. That is a meal fitting for a 49er fan, NOT a Bills fan on Sunday.
          add some caviar, expensive champagne, and maybe some brie, then you have a Redskins tailgate.

Don't forget to hang out by the snooty food until halfway through the first quarter before remembering that there's a game and heading into the stadium.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
            • Dec 2002

Try the pet store!

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

Don't worry, it will all balance out by me putting Vick and Desean Jackson in my starting lineups in fantasy football. It's guaranteed that they'll suck now.
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

just grab the ones outside you house.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• zone
                  No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                  • Oct 2003

Originally posted by psubills62
                  Don't worry, it will all balance out by me putting Vick and Desean Jackson in my starting lineups in fantasy football. It's guaranteed that they'll suck now.
                  I am taking Fitz and Chandler out and starting Vick, that will definitely guarantee a big win for us.
                  www.blzbus.com

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

My suggestion is to go outside some morning after a rain or heavy dew and harvest yourself a bunch of slugs. They are, after all, essentially snails without the shell. If you're not expecting rain or a heavy dew, use some of your beer. Set an aluminum pie tin in the ground so the top is flush with the ground level. Fill it with beer. Tomorrow morning it should be filled with slugs. That happens to be an old gardening tip if you're having a wet growing season and slugs are feasting on your young plants. As an added advantage, they'll already be marinated in beer, if you like that sort of thing.
                    Last edited by TigerJ; 10-05-2011, 03:32 PM.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• imbondz
                      Democrats are people too
                      • Jan 2003

if anyone does anything different than what they did the first 3 games you're not true fans
                      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• JoeMama
                        Emotion Sickness
                        • Oct 2002

What are you, a soccer fan?
                        Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

snail and wine? to truly be a fan, you need to be eating that because you hate it. if you actually enjoy it, then it has no impact on the outcome of the game. These be the rules.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                            • Aug 2004

To clarify to a number of the response, I may have escargot and wine once or twice a year in the past. On Sept 11 we happen to have a party (not football related) and we had that at lunch. Since then I was asked to stick to it by my football buddy and I did it for two more weeks.

I'll say this. I had this dish in Paris the first time many years ago and I liked it. Back in the States, we tried on occasion and I think it worked out good. But 3 weeks in a row is a little too much to me.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

Buy a can of squirt cheese, a water bottle, potatoe chips of your choice, pork rinds, cheese popcorn and some Reese's cups or other chocolate candy of your choice.

. Hold the squirt cheese can between your legs or under your fanny to warm it up.

. The purpose of the water bottle is to cleanse your mouth before having a Reese's cup or other chocolate. Having a beer after a piece of chocolate makes a disagreeable foaming.

One of those 12 packs of Hostess cupcakes is a plus, because you can dole them out to pesky kids so they will go away. Also - with the advent of LCD whatever HD screens, you can't fire hard objects anymore. However, a cupcake impact is merely is a clean-up job - no lasting damage.
                              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                              X