PDA

View Full Version : Thigpen apparently "playing" Vick in practice

psubills62
10-05-2011, 09:55 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822dd72c/article/thigpen-trying-to-do-his-best-vick-impression-in-bills-practice?module=HP11_headline_stack

The Vince Young impostor arrest has us on a big impersonator kick these days, so we were obviously pumped by a headline on the Buffalo Bills' official website stating a Michael Vick impersonator was at practice Wednesday.

Imagine our disappointment when we realized the site was referring to backup quarterback Tyler Thigpen, who's "playing" Michael Vick in practice as the team prepares for its Week 5 matchup against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Thigpen isn't exactly a dead ringer for Vick in look or style, but Bills coach Chan Gailey said he'll get the job done as the team prepares.

"We'll work on that with some different drills to get (ready for Vick)," Gailey said. "Right now Tyler (Thigpen) will be it."

Vick was asked during a conference call about other teams finding a player to emulate his unique style.

"That's tough," he said, chuckling. "That's hard to find. Good luck with that."

Told the Bills were using Thigpen, a player who hasn't had a rushing touchdown since 2008, Vick was kind.

"Yeah, Tyler can move around a little bit," he said.

You don't think they could find anyone better to play him...like Brad Smith? :penalty:

TigerJ
10-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Just so the Bills know, Vick is a lot faster.

Demon
10-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Great. We're screwed.

PromoTheRobot
10-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Wouldn't Brad Smith play a better Vick being a running QB and all?

PTR

Demon
10-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Wouldn't Brad Smith play a better Vick being a running QB and all?

PTR

They should of just used Spiller in that role, it'd not like he's doing anything productive in practice anyways. And he's probably not much of a worse passer then Thigpen. lol

better days
10-05-2011, 10:37 PM
They should of just used Spiller in that role, it'd not like he's doing anything productive in practice anyways. And he's probably not much of a worse passer then Thigpen. lol

Or Vick for that matter.

ChristopherWalken
10-06-2011, 07:45 AM
Yeah, valiant attempt but there is no comparison. If I can fault Gailey on one sppecific thing it is this grueling man-crush he has on Thigpen.

trapezeus
10-06-2011, 08:31 AM
they also need brad smith to be up on the current offense and not learning another team's play.

i think thigpen for vick gets the ideas across of where his tendencies are to move. they obviously know the challenge to bring him down is a lot harder.

streetkings01
10-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Why not use Josh Nesbitt to play the role of Vick in practice?

bf1
10-06-2011, 01:16 PM
anyone that would be able to mimic vick wouldn't be mimicking vick, they'd be a starting qb of another team.

Mike13
10-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Just so the Bills know, Vick is a lot faster.

and alot blacker.

EricStratton
10-06-2011, 07:50 PM
they also need brad smith to be up on the current offense and not learning another team's play.

Ding, ding, ding

YardRat
10-06-2011, 10:11 PM

i think thigpen for vick gets the ideas across of where his tendencies are to move. they obviously know the challenge to bring him down is a lot harder.

I don't know if I can agree with this premise.

Your back-up QB needs to be 'up on the current offense' just a wee bit more than your third-string/wildcat runner.

IMO Nesbitt would be the most logical choice to mimic Vick.

Oaf
10-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Right. I'm puzzled why it's not Nesbitt or more of an athlete-type. Is Thigpen even better than Fitzpatrick on his feet? :rolleyes:

zone
10-07-2011, 06:55 AM
Like a previous poster said if any team had someone who could properly emulate Vick then they would have a $100 million dollar contract and a starting QB role on another team.

The best we can hope for is proper contain and hope that Vick plays with the desperation that the whole team and city feels.