PDA

View Full Version : Bills vs Eagles

Mike
10-06-2011, 02:07 AM
Here is my take on the game....

They are coming off of a heart breaking loss in which they had a big 2digit lead, sound familiar, and after facing a slew of injuries and underperforming their backs are to the wall in a must-win game. Don't let this fool you, we are about to get the very best the Eagles have to offer, hopefully we can find a way to squeeze one out. So, here are this weeks keys to the game:

[B]Eagles D vs Bills O:

Eagles LBers suck, they are old, slow, or just plain average. For Buffalo to be successful on offense they need to attack the underneath routs, have LB vs RB etc, and the good news is that this is what the Bills O excels at. On the negative side, the Eagles pass rush is formidable and their defensive coordinator is known for his confusing looks, zone blitzes, etc... This will be more than lost or won in the trenches, in will be a chess match.

Eagles secondary has more superstars than the whole Bills roster however they are not playing as well as a bunch of 'no names' and this will be a showdown of the Big Names vs The No Names... I expect the Eagles secondary to bait & rush Fitz into some bad passes and perhaps a pic or two. Overall, I expect a bend but don't break Defense from the Eagles which takes advantage of key sacks and pics. Who ever wins this battle wins this game!

Bills D vs Eagles O
Remember how our secondary got torched against the Raiders in week 2 then again in week 3 by the Pats and finally last weekend by the lowly Bangles and their rookie Qb? We here we are again, and this week will be no different. The Eagles WR will run wild, while our pass rush will remind Vick what a vacation feels like. He will have time, and when he doesn't he will run, and gain 20yrs a pop. Bills D have been horrendous against running QB in recent years, and this year it won't be any different. Overall this match up pits weakness vs weakness in the lines and strength vs weakness when it comes to WRs vs Dbs.

Conclusion:
For the Bills to have a chance they will need to be that top offense again. If the D can have a few key stops and turnovers, this can bode well for a Bills O that turns the other teams mistakes into touchdowns.

Every year a team that was expected to be very good or great falls from grace. Last year in the was the Cowboys, and this year, if the Bills do their due diligence in will be the Eagles!

Bills win in a shootout 41-37

Mike
10-06-2011, 02:11 AM
this will be the game that will show us who this team is. This is a character game and its very winnable. Pats have not lost 2 in a row for over 10yrs, if we hope to be in their class and surpass them, we can not afford to loose 2 in a row as well. If we go to 3-2, I don't think we will make the playoffs.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-06-2011, 05:13 AM
If there are over 70 points scored in this game, I will poop in my hat.

Bangarang
10-06-2011, 07:47 AM
I felt better about our chances against the Pats than I do against this Eagles team.

ChristopherWalken
10-06-2011, 07:50 AM
The Eagles are also coming off a heart breaking loss and have dropped 2 at home. Excuse the bad Vick pun, but being in the NFC East, their backs are in a corner and these dogs are rabid.

A loss for the Eagles here could mean their whole season depending on how the rest of their division plays out Sunday.

BAM
10-06-2011, 07:54 AM
Well I'm attending this game so we'll probably blow it. I plan on having a great time regardless!

madness
10-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Well I'm attending this game so we'll probably blow it. I plan on having a great time regardless!

For the record... I've been to three games, two with BAM. The Bills record? 1-2

Forward_Lateral
10-06-2011, 08:52 AM
I can honestly say I don't see much of a chance of victory. The Eagles are staring down the barrel of 1-4, and Vick has whined so much to the refs, I'm sure he'll get every call.

That, and there isn't a person on the roster that can cover Deshawn Jackson.

I'm not expecting much this weekend.

BAM
10-06-2011, 08:59 AM
For the record... I've been to three games, two with BAM. The Bills record? 1-2

I just went back through and looked at my overall record...

I've been to 14 Bills games and so far I'm at 6 wins / 8 losses.

Two of those were away so I'm 6-6 at the RALPH. Here's to going over .500 this Sunday!

jamze132
10-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Here is my take on the game....

They are coming off of a heart breaking loss in which they had a big 2digit lead, sound familiar, and after facing a slew of injuries and underperforming their backs are to the wall in a must-win game. Don't let this fool you, we are about to get the very best the Eagles have to offer, hopefully we can find a way to squeeze one out. So, here are this weeks keys to the game:

[B]Eagles D vs Bills O:

Eagles LBers suck, they are old, slow, or just plain average. For Buffalo to be successful on offense they need to attack the underneath routs, have LB vs RB etc, and the good news is that this is what the Bills O excels at. On the negative side, the Eagles pass rush is formidable and their defensive coordinator is known for his confusing looks, zone blitzes, etc... This will be more than lost or won in the trenches, in will be a chess match.

Eagles secondary has more superstars than the whole Bills roster however they are not playing as well as a bunch of 'no names' and this will be a showdown of the Big Names vs The No Names... I expect the Eagles secondary to bait & rush Fitz into some bad passes and perhaps a pic or two. Overall, I expect a bend but don't break Defense from the Eagles which takes advantage of key sacks and pics. Who ever wins this battle wins this game!

Bills D vs Eagles O
Remember how our secondary got torched against the Raiders in week 2 then again in week 3 by the Pats and finally last weekend by the lowly Bangles and their rookie Qb? We here we are again, and this week will be no different. The Eagles WR will run wild, while our pass rush will remind Vick what a vacation feels like. He will have time, and when he doesn't he will run, and gain 20yrs a pop. Bills D have been horrendous against running QB in recent years, and this year it won't be any different. Overall this match up pits weakness vs weakness in the lines and strength vs weakness when it comes to WRs vs Dbs.

Conclusion:
For the Bills to have a chance they will need to be that top offense again. If the D can have a few key stops and turnovers, this can bode well for a Bills O that turns the other teams mistakes into touchdowns.

Every year a team that was expected to be very good or great falls from grace. Last year in the was the Cowboys, and this year, if the Bills do their due diligence in will be the Eagles!

Bills win in a shootout 41-37
If the Eagles were as good as you make them out to be, they wouldn't be 1-3.

I still think they will end up beating us though.

trapezeus
10-06-2011, 09:08 AM
I just went back through and looked at my overall record...

I've been to 14 Bills games and so far I'm at 6 wins / 8 losses.

Two of those were away so I'm 6-6 at the RALPH. Here's to going over .500 this Sunday!

it's a character game for you. if you go under .500 you make not make the fan playoffs. gut check time, Bam!

BAM
10-06-2011, 09:18 AM
it's a character game for you. if you go under .500 you make not make the fan playoffs. gut check time, Bam!

I've definitely been watching film all week of past games and I have a lot to work on, but I'm determined and vow to prepare myself mentally and physically for the challenge directly ahead. It's going to be a tough game, but I think I'll pull it off!

Mike
10-06-2011, 08:03 PM
If the Eagles were as good as you make them out to be, they wouldn't be 1-3.

I still think they will end up beating us though.

They are more talented than they are good