PDA

View Full Version : Who will more likely get Big Ted?

G. Host
06-27-2003, 09:15 PM
If Big Ted is released from Chicago I can see both NJ Jets and Patriots persuing him. NE because they want to go to a 3-4 defense and the new DT is not shaping up as fast as they would like and NJ because of the Ted C. connection and loss of Evans.

Which team will more likely get Ted? My hope if it comes down to one of the teams it is NJ for while I love Big Ted as a player his excess weight will make him remaining a starter unlikely and it is more likely he will do more damage to Bills as a Patriot in game one of season.

Doc
06-27-2003, 09:23 PM
He'll likely end up with the Jets because of their need and Ted C.

BillsFanInMass
06-27-2003, 09:33 PM
Yeah they both will pursue him it will be up to him where he wants to go.

MDFINFAN
06-27-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by G. Host
If Big Ted is released from Chicago I can see both NJ Jets and Patriots persuing him. NE because they want to go to a 3-4 defense and the new DT is not shaping up as fast as they would like and NJ because of the Ted C. connection and loss of Evans.

Which team will more likely get Ted? My hope if it comes down to one of the teams it is NJ for while I love Big Ted as a player his excess weight will make him remaining a starter unlikely and it is more likely he will do more damage to Bills as a Patriot in game one of season.

I think you made the point, the jets have the inside track, and cap space, by Josh suspension, I think they get some kind of relief on the cap, correct me Clump if I'm wrong, but I think that also gives them the edge...they will have the money. But there's other teams out there still looking for DL like Arizona, who have plenty of cap space, but it depends on what Ted is looking for, big money or a chance to complete for somthing more.

justasportsfan
06-28-2003, 09:46 AM
I hope a team froma a diff. division takes him.

ryven
06-28-2003, 10:00 AM
I hope if its between those two teams he goes to the jets.

Demon
06-29-2003, 01:09 AM
How about the Colts? I don't know their salery cap room but they seem pretty weak at Defensive Tackle. Would make sense to me if Washington isn't asking for too much money.

SABURZFAN
06-29-2003, 08:07 AM
i'd like to see him come back to buffalo but what will be his asking price?i doubt that TD would consider if the price were too steep.

SABURZFAN
06-29-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
I hope a team froma a diff. division takes him.

i agree.i'd hate to see him twice a year in a different uniform.

THenPitBull
06-29-2003, 10:45 AM
I know Ted prolly liked his stay here in Buffalo and prolly feels more comfortable returning to the Bills than going someplace he's never played before. I think he'd take a pay cut to play for the Bills since we are a contender this year. But I think with his weight and age and what we already have its unlikely.

BillsNYC
06-29-2003, 01:24 PM
The jets..which i wouldn't mind because TW is over the hill and can't play every down...which means they will have some nobody on half the plays.

Thank you Josh Evans for being a f$$$ up!

marshall
06-29-2003, 02:20 PM
I hope my Bears keep him

Will McGahee Fast
06-29-2003, 11:52 PM
Ted is going to be released, my odds are on the Cardinals. They can offer him the most money, and I gurantee you they will go after him hard. They need a big DT to play next to Bryant. They will overpay to get him.

Earthquake Enyart
06-30-2003, 06:25 AM
I don't think Ted is going anywhere. If the Bears were to cut anyone, it would have been Traylor, and they would have done it by now.