PDA

View Full Version : BBD Mock V2.1

DraftBoy
10-06-2011, 07:33 AM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012-nfl-mock-draft/

Dolphins get Luck...Bills picking 31st...

Also here is our AFC East Mock Draft Database, putting together mock drafts from all over the internet and telling you they have each AFC East team taking;

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/afc-east-nfl-mock-draft-database/

Dr. Lecter
10-06-2011, 07:38 AM
You think Blackmon falls that far?

DraftBoy
10-06-2011, 07:41 AM
You think Blackmon falls that far?

Not 100% but I think its possible. I dont think he'll run as quick a 40 time as some think and that will hurt him compared to guys like Jeffrey and Floyd.

Plus I know for a fact that Blackmon's stunt a couple of weeks ago really bothered scouts.

THRILLHO
10-06-2011, 07:43 AM
The Bills are picking 31st. Thats because we traded down, right?

DraftBoy
10-06-2011, 07:56 AM
The Bills are picking 31st. Thats because we traded down, right?
As always, the mock is based on current standings.

psubills62
10-06-2011, 08:23 AM
What current standings? If it's based on records and SOS currently, then shouldn't the Lions (at 4-0) be drafting behind the Bills?

Also, it's Robert Griffin, not Griffith. Would love to get this kid.

k-oneputt
10-06-2011, 08:23 AM
I would puke if the bills took D. Jones in the 1st rd. That's the UNC kid right ?
Where is Upshaw from Alabama ?
Tate at #20, don't make me laugh this early.
Do the Browns have two first rounders next year ?
I thought Pauline had Landry Jones in the 4th rd ?
I guarantee the Steelers will not be drafting a wr in the middle of the 1st rd.
I see you are taking a liking to Burfict, about time. I want him on the Bills.

DraftBoy
10-06-2011, 08:45 AM
What current standings? If it's based on records and SOS currently, then shouldn't the Lions (at 4-0) be drafting behind the Bills?

Also, it's Robert Griffin, not Griffith. Would love to get this kid.

Can't have back to back NFC teams since they can't play each other in the SB.

I make that ****ing mistake all the time. Damnit!

jamze132
10-06-2011, 08:47 AM
Just a wee bit early for this.

DraftBoy
10-06-2011, 08:48 AM
I would puke if the bills took D. Jones in the 1st rd. That's the UNC kid right ?
Where is Upshaw from Alabama ?
Tate at #20, don't make me laugh this early.
Do the Browns have two first rounders next year ?
I thought Pauline had Landry Jones in the 4th rd ?
I guarantee the Steelers will not be drafting a wr in the middle of the 1st rd.
I see you are taking a liking to Burfict, about time. I want him on the Bills.

1. Si
2. Just out of Round 1, though Id considered switching him with Devin Taylor
3. Laugh away but come talk to me in April
4. Yes theres and Atlanta's from the Julio trade.
5. Again your context fails you and last I checked neither my DL or paycheck read to Tony Pauline
6. You've made a number of guarantees over the years, you know better than to do that this early on.
7. Ive never had an issue with Burfict. He's just stupid sometimes. You seem to think I have it out for the kid. I had Burfict to the Bills in my last mock.

DraftBoy
10-06-2011, 08:49 AM
Just a wee bit early for this.

Negative, and I say that because I know how many page views it will draw. The draft sells year round but especially in the months of October-April. Its arguably the most popular offseason event of any sport.

clumping platelets
10-06-2011, 08:50 AM
I'd rather grab Crick at #31

DraftBoy
10-06-2011, 08:51 AM
I'd rather grab Crick at #31

Im not opposed to adding another 34 DE but what do we do with Carrington and Troup?

k-oneputt
10-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Im not opposed to adding another 34 DE but what do we do with Carrington and Troup?

Both those guys were overdrafted. Neither has done squat. They had better start.
Steelers may have the worst o-line in the NFL, and their defense is aging rapidly. They know what they are doing, they won't take a wr at mid rd. 1.

k-oneputt
10-06-2011, 08:58 AM
I actually think Upshaw will get drafted before Hightower.

k-oneputt
10-06-2011, 09:02 AM
I don't see Spence going rd.1 either.
He's a tweener in size and I don't know how well he would hold up playing lb in the NFL.

DrGraves
10-06-2011, 10:02 AM
If miami gets luck I want to trade our team into a different division

DraftBoy
10-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Both those guys were overdrafted. Neither has done squat. They had better start.
Steelers may have the worst o-line in the NFL, and their defense is aging rapidly. They know what they are doing, they won't take a wr at mid rd. 1.

Can't argue about Troup and Carrington but they are still this regime's "guys". This is the same regime that seemed hell bent on making Moats an ILB.

I dont disagree about PIT but look around them who are you switching the pick to that is without a doubt better? No OT or OG is avail that is worth it. They dont need much LB help right now, no DL is worth it. Agree with the pick or not that's fine but unless you can offer a relative replacement that makes sense I can't agree. WR is a definite need for PIT and Sanu fits what they need.

I dont disagree on Spence but NY is a team that is not afraid to reach and he's maybe the top 43 OLB in the draft.

DraftBoy
10-06-2011, 10:08 AM
If miami gets luck I want to trade our team into a different division

:rofl:

mysticsoto
10-06-2011, 10:17 AM
I like most of the picks...except ours. I'd probably take OLB Upshaw next. CB Minnifield would have been my better option picking at the bottom of the 1st, but not available in your scenario.

Otherwise...maybe Nate Potter (OT) or Levy Adcock (OT).

Ed
10-06-2011, 10:17 AM
I think you should start including the schools that the players are attending in your mock.

I don't like the idea of taking a WR right now. I'd rather see us go with a LB or OL.

DraftBoy
10-06-2011, 10:34 AM
I think you should start including the schools that the players are attending in your mock.

I don't like the idea of taking a WR right now. I'd rather see us go with a LB or OL.

I could add them, maybe I will at lunch.

Any suggestions?

The top player at each position per my rankings-
OT: Kelechi Osmele-Iowa State, Bobby Massie-Ole Miss*
OG: Cordy Glenn-UGA, David DeCastro-Stanford*
ILB: Audie Cole-NC State, Manti Te'o-Notre Dame*
OLB: Lavonte David-Nebraska, Brandon Jenkins-FSU*

2012 Rankings: http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012-prospect-rankings-and-scouting-report/
2013 Rankings: http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2013-rankings-and-scouting-reports/

DraftBoy
10-06-2011, 10:35 AM
I like most of the picks...except ours. I'd probably take OLB Upshaw next. CB Minnifield would have been my better option picking at the bottom of the 1st, but not available in your scenario.

Otherwise...maybe Nate Potter (OT) or Levy Adcock (OT).

Potter is an OT only in a ZBS and Adcock I see as a RT only which I think will be Bell's eventual position.

I wouldn't mind Upshaw but he offers little run support at this point. Need to see more and with his size he may need to move inside like a Timmons.

k-oneputt
10-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Lttle run support ? Upshaw is an animal and probably will be the first of those lb's drafted.

k-oneputt
10-06-2011, 10:38 AM
I like Te'o too.
Wouldn't mind him play ilb next to Sheppard in the future.

DraftBoy
10-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Lttle run support ? Upshaw is an animal and probably will be the first of those lb's drafted.

Yes because of his speed and power on the pass rush, he is not effective though at shedding blocks or working through traffic. He needs work on his run support, that's the knock on him.

DraftBoy
10-06-2011, 10:40 AM
I like Te'o too.
Wouldn't mind him play ilb next to Sheppard in the future.

I think he'd be a very good addition, I have him higher than Kuechly, which I know a lot people disagree with.

k-oneputt
10-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Yes because of his speed and power on the pass rush, he is not effective though at shedding blocks or working through traffic. He needs work on his run support, that's the knock on him.

You must be watching different games then me then. You see the Florida game ???

k-oneputt
10-06-2011, 10:43 AM
I think he'd be a very good addition, I have him higher than Kuechly, which I know a lot people disagree with.

Not me. I agree with you on that one.

mysticsoto
10-06-2011, 10:47 AM

I think you're being a bit harsh on him. Alot of people rank him pretty high in their books and considering what else is left for the 1st rd, I'd say he's probably the highest ranked at that point.

DraftBoy
10-06-2011, 10:51 AM
You must be watching different games then me then. You see the Florida game ???

Every snap, twice

DraftBoy
10-06-2011, 10:53 AM
I think you're being a bit harsh on him. Alot of people rank him pretty high in their books and considering what else is left for the 1st rd, I'd say he's probably the highest ranked at that point.

Its not harsh, he's the second or third most gifted LB athletically behind only Burfict and maybe Brown. He uses his speed well but his technique is still flawed. He needs to use his hands better to get off blocks, he needs to use better vision in terms of avoiding traffic and hitting gaps, and he needs to be a little more disciplined as he will bite on playaction and doesn't have the awareness to see the screen pass coming.

Are these big things? Not really but they are things to be worked on.

DraftBoy
10-06-2011, 10:53 AM

Btw teams added now. Good suggestion! :up:

k-oneputt
10-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Every snap, twice

Then what don't you understand ?:laughing:

mysticsoto
10-06-2011, 11:13 AM
I guess I should admit that Dwight Jones is not a bad pick. It's just that, with the defense struggling and the O playing pretty good (except for the last game), I'd be more inclined to draft on the D side.

DraftBoy
10-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Then what don't you understand ?:laughing:

How somebody could watch that game and say Upshaw is good at run defense. He's decent sure but he has ton he needs to work on. Its all correctable/learnable but for now its not enough.

DraftBoy
10-06-2011, 11:24 AM
I guess I should admit that Dwight Jones is not a bad pick. It's just that, with the defense struggling and the O playing pretty good (except for the last game), I'd be more inclined to draft on the D side.

Makes sense but given value and need, I think this pick fits and dont really want to reach for an OT or D at this time.

Ed
10-06-2011, 11:36 AM
I could add them, maybe I will at lunch.

Any suggestions?

The top player at each position per my rankings-
OT: Kelechi Osmele-Iowa State, Bobby Massie-Ole Miss*
OG: Cordy Glenn-UGA, David DeCastro-Stanford*
ILB: Audie Cole-NC State, Manti Te'o-Notre Dame*
OLB: Lavonte David-Nebraska, Brandon Jenkins-FSU*

2012 Rankings: http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012-prospect-rankings-and-scouting-report/
2013 Rankings: http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2013-rankings-and-scouting-reports/
Suggestions for who to pick instead? No, I don't have any. I don't really know much about college players at this point. I'm just thinking about what looks like it could use the most upgrading.

B-DON
10-06-2011, 12:12 PM
I think cle would take blackmon in your scenario. They desperately need a big time wr to go with massaqoui and little. Maybe Floyd too if he fell a few spots

jamze132
10-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Negative, and I say that because I know how many page views it will draw. The draft sells year round but especially in the months of October-April. Its arguably the most popular offseason event of any sport.
Whatever.

Ha about the Braves.

There I have said my peace.

DraftBoy
10-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Whatever.

Ha about the Braves.

There I have said my peace.
:middlefingersmiley:

madness
10-06-2011, 01:35 PM
I don't feel comfortable picking that high because of no rookie scale and our history of picking busts. Trade down to the bottom of the first!

SOB, there's goes my automatic response.

DraftBoy
10-06-2011, 02:10 PM
I think cle would take blackmon in your scenario. They desperately need a big time wr to go with massaqoui and little. Maybe Floyd too if he fell a few spots

Little is 6'3, Massaquoi is 6'2, and Cribbs is 6'1.

Skooby
10-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Dolphins get Luck, we draft last are good scenarios.

DraftBoy
10-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Dolphins get Luck, we draft last are good scenarios.

Not a projection, just based off current standings.

FlyingDutchman
10-06-2011, 04:19 PM
I was REALLY high on Alshon Jeffrey coming into this year but Im kinda scaling back. Maybe its Garcia but I was expecting him to progess a lot better than he has this year. Hes still solid, just something with the way he runs his routes bothers me. Maybe its his size but he just looks so slow to me. Very soft hands though, he'll be a solid red zone threat at the next level

Skooby
10-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Not a projection, just based off current standings.

Ok got it, that's cool. I'll go back & check this out. I hope we move down the draft board this weekend, LOL.

B-DON
10-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Little is 6'3, Massaquoi is 6'2, and Cribbs is 6'1.
I was referring more to explosiveness and skill then I was size. None of those guys look like #1 wr but I'll give little a pass for now. The other 2 will never be #1 wr's IMO

DraftBoy
10-09-2011, 11:39 AM
I was referring more to explosiveness and skill then I was size. None of those guys look like #1 wr but I'll give little a pass for now. The other 2 will never be #1 wr's IMO

Little is by far their best WR in terms of potential, Mass could be a good #2 and Cribbs is best in the slot imo.