PDA

View Full Version : Bedard Here's an idea

Forward_Lateral
10-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Bang or Bucks grab bag. A player pays a certain amount, and gets a "grab" from a bag full of chicks. Say the set amount is 10,000, and you have 10 chicks in there. Some hot, some fugly and some in the medium. You get whatever chick randomly comes out, and you are stuck with her. No trading, no selling back. She's yours for the season.

This would give guys a chance to get bargains, but also run the risk of having a beast in your stable, bringing your team down.

utmhead
10-06-2011, 11:33 AM
I Like it

TacklingDummy
10-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Or how about when anyone comes within $10k of their cap space they get to pick a free chick from the grab bag.

It's will be a thank you for playing freebie.

rbochan
10-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Sure... give BL something ELSE to fiend on!

G Wolly
10-06-2011, 07:27 PM
And I could finally start up my own team.

YardRat
10-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Not bad.

Dujek
10-07-2011, 03:03 AM
Actually, taking that idea one step further and you could bring back Bang or Bucks Deal or No Deal.

You bid for the chance to take part in BorB Deal or No Deal, but you're stuck with whoever you get...

The King
10-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Bang or Bucks grab bag. A player pays a certain amount, and gets a "grab" from a bag full of chicks. Say the set amount is 10,000, and you have 10 chicks in there. Some hot, some fugly and some in the medium. You get whatever chick randomly comes out, and you are stuck with her. No trading, no selling back. She's yours for the season.

This would give guys a chance to get bargains, but also run the risk of having a beast in your stable, bringing your team down.

1. I dont think anyone should ever be stuck.
2. If ZB's were even spread out to start the game this idea would work better. (im thinking this will be a requirement next season anyway)

chernobylwraiths
10-07-2011, 11:51 AM
2. If ZB's were even spread out to start the game this idea would work better. (im thinking this will be a requirement next season anyway)

I concur.

BLeonard
10-07-2011, 12:26 PM

I agree with the "nobody should be stuck" part, b ut I honestly don't see how having more ZB gives anyone an advantage...

If I have a cap of $200k, what does it matter if I spend it on auctions, grab bags, free agents or buying cards from other players?

The ONLY advantage I can see a person with more ZB having is the ability to pay more to buy a card off of someone else. But, besides the "Historian purchases" early in the game, how many cards have gone for insane amounts?

Besides, even if you got everyone to agree to surrender ZB (which I don't think you will, nor do I think it's necessary) what stops me from winning lotteries, starting new threads, or just posting endlessly to inflate my ZB total?

Also, if you have a "store," as Bedard suggested in the other thread and implement some of the ideas regarding buying cards that I suggested, nobody would pay an asinine amount for a specific card anyway and even if they did, it's not like it would make the card more valuable in the game.

-Bill

hydro
10-07-2011, 01:01 PM
IMO, behind the scenes, BL and King need to hash out the game. Because it is becoming cumbersome to see these threads of a million ideas and when they die the usual thread death nothing has been accomplished.

The King
10-07-2011, 02:10 PM
I appreciate everyone's ideas and active particpation in helping me to develop these games. I have a pretty solid success rate in rolling out games on this site... especially when it comes toBorB. I'll digest everyone's suggestions and put the best possible game forward.