PDA

View Full Version : fox or cbs games

Billsfan3
10-06-2011, 03:49 PM
I know this week the bills are on fox, which do you prefer fox covering games or cbs? i prefer cbs because i like the announcers alot more also the non hd on fox for the games is half a screen

trapezeus
10-06-2011, 03:53 PM
i like the CBS production more in general...announcers, stat and score insets, etc. i hate that robot and i hate JB. i feel like the NFC is slower and more boring just based on my own personal prefence of AFC. there is not statistical fact that i base that on.

i also feel like i grew up watching the AFC games at 1 and then was kind of uninterested in the 4pm games that tended to be the cowboys or some other team i didn't like. So there is some stigma in my head to hate the fox/nfc production.

Syderick
10-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Doesn't matter to me if its FOX/CBS/NBC/ESPN they seem all right to me. If you don't like the announcers just put it on MUTE!!

BLeonard
10-06-2011, 08:03 PM
i like the CBS production more in general...announcers, stat and score insets, etc. i hate that robot and i hate JB. i feel like the NFC is slower and more boring just based on my own personal prefence of AFC. there is not statistical fact that i base that on.

i also feel like i grew up watching the AFC games at 1 and then was kind of uninterested in the 4pm games that tended to be the cowboys or some other team i didn't like. So there is some stigma in my head to hate the fox/nfc production.

It wasn't that long ago that CBS was the NFC channel, while NBC was the AFC channel.

CBS and FOX both have their pros and cons, as do ESPN and NBC... Part of it depends on the announce team that covers your game, too... At least with the Bills/Cowboys game being in Dallas, we won't have to deal with Joe Buck and Troy Aikman.

The one thing I can't stand on FOX is the "letterbox" look if it's not an HD game, but there are pros and cons with every network, IMO.

-Bill

Blame Canada
10-06-2011, 08:19 PM
What service do you guys have that Fox is not in HD? I have never seen a game on Fox in the last few years that was not in HD

TigerJ
10-06-2011, 09:51 PM
I much prefer CBS because I'm not sure the local Fox affiliate carries Bills games, while I know the CBS affiliate does for away games and home games versus AFC opponents.

marchitello
10-07-2011, 11:42 AM
what about a coverage map?

DraftBoy
10-07-2011, 11:46 AM
CBS is a better product, fox looks too amateur to me.

Aero II
10-07-2011, 11:55 AM
I absolutely hate the Mike Pereira segments on Fox. Watching him try to give reasoning to poor officiating makes me puke.

DraftBoy
10-07-2011, 11:55 AM
I absolutely hate the Mike Pereira segments on Fox. Watching him try to give reasoning to poor officiating makes me puke.

I think you mean excuses, he refuses to ever be critical its annoying and poor analysis.

Forward_Lateral
10-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Fox sucks balls.

kishoph
10-08-2011, 04:36 AM
As long as I don't have to listen to STEVE TASKER, it doesn't matter to me.

Turf
10-08-2011, 09:04 AM
I hate CBS. I hate this HD thing, where we show 50 yards of the field then zoom in real slow, never zoom in close enough to the play, until the guy runs back to the huddle then we get a close up. Sorry, but there is no reason to show midgets running around the field with 20 yards on either backside of them. The whole reason for high def is the see the game more clearly. Freakin hate it with an immense passion. Pisses me off to no end. The producers should be fired immediately. Its just lazy and stupid.

OpIv37
10-08-2011, 09:08 AM
What service do you guys have that Fox is not in HD? I have never seen a game on Fox in the last few years that was not in HD

I was thinking the same thing. Why is anyone watching games that aren't HD at this point? If you're not watching HD, you're the afterthought at this point. Complaining about the SD picture is like buying a brand new car and complaining that it doesn't have a cassette tape player.

OpIv37
10-08-2011, 09:09 AM
what about a coverage map?
http://the506.com/nflmaps/

djjimkelly
10-08-2011, 09:20 AM
CBS is a better product, fox looks too amateur to me.

fox has a video game feel where its catered to clueless people who like shiny things instead of substance

better days
10-08-2011, 11:28 AM
I hate CBS. I hate this HD thing, where we show 50 yards of the field then zoom in real slow, never zoom in close enough to the play, until the guy runs back to the huddle then we get a close up. Sorry, but there is no reason to show midgets running around the field with 20 yards on either backside of them. The whole reason for high def is the see the game more clearly. Freakin hate it with an immense passion. Pisses me off to no end. The producers should be fired immediately. Its just lazy and stupid.

I don't know what you are talking about. The 16:9 picture of HD is much more suited to Football or hockey than the 4:3 picture of SD. Aside from that the HD picture is much more clear.

How would you have them show the games in HD? All closeups? The only change I would make would be a choice of camera angles by the viewer. The technology is available to do that now.

JoeMama
10-08-2011, 03:43 PM
CBS is the absolute worst. They never replay the stuff I want to see replayed. They cram in more commercials than would seem humanly possible. I tune out their commentators by force of habit.

FOX Robot must die.

NBC used to have excellent coverage when they had the TV contract with the NFL up until the late 90s. That's by far the best, even if NBC coverage isn't quite the shining beacon of coverage it once was.

Billsfan3
10-08-2011, 06:55 PM
i was saying the non hd looks terrible for when i am watching it in my room i watch it on hd when i am in the family room

gb
10-08-2011, 08:49 PM
I would rather have FOX because I live in PA and CBS would have the idiot steelers on and I wouldn't see the Bills.

DraftBoy
10-09-2011, 11:34 AM
In the end I think none of the coverage is catered to in-depth football fans which is a shame but that's not the majority of their TV audience.

better days
10-09-2011, 04:24 PM
I am used to watching Fox on the Bucs games. Rosen & Billick are the best team on Fox IMO. I Enjoyed todays telecast very much.

Forward_Lateral
10-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Today's guys were good.

Flipping through the channels, most of the Fox teams are awful. Chad Pennington is an color man. His voice is like a cross between Jimmy Durant and Edith Bunker.

imbondz
10-09-2011, 04:28 PM

everytime he comes on i feel like it's the 1970's

jamze132
10-09-2011, 05:03 PM
CBS takes way too many commercial breaks. I found myself today wondering when Fox was going to break away, like CBS does after nearly every stoppage of play.

Turf
10-09-2011, 05:12 PM
I don't know what you are talking about. The 16:9 picture of HD is much more suited to Football or hockey than the 4:3 picture of SD. Aside from that the HD picture is much more clear.

How would you have them show the games in HD? All closeups? The only change I would make would be a choice of camera angles by the viewer. The technology is available to do that now.

You can't be serious.

better days
10-09-2011, 05:21 PM
You can't be serious.

About what? You don't think 16:9 is better suited for football than 4:3 or you don't think HD is more clear a picture than SD? What ever, you can't be serious.

Mad Max
10-09-2011, 05:23 PM
ESPN/ABC please, by far.

Let's win enough games to get back on prime time next season.