PDA

View Full Version : If I were Chan

Turf
10-06-2011, 06:36 PM
I would cross Philly up with an entirely different gameplan.
Philly is aweful against the run. They're preparing for 3-5 wide receiver sets we've run all year.
I would run out of the I and a two man backfield, then throw in play action. And when they start adjusting to that go 5 wide later in the game.
I honestly don't think Philly can stop the ball being run right down their throat. Their linebackers are terrible. I think Fred given the chance will tear them up. If we had gone to a more conservative set last week when ahead, we may be 4-0 right now.
And one more thing, get rid of the freakin wildcat.

BertSquirtgum
10-06-2011, 07:06 PM
They never even used the wildcat last week. I wish Chan would have the balls to let Brad Smith throw the ball when in the wild cat. Not once has he thrown. If they start throwing the ball, teams won't know what the hell is going on when the wildcat comes out to play.

Goobylal
10-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Should have used the Wildcat on the 3rd and 1 where Stevie was screwed out of the catch. And I agree that running the ball up the middle is the order for the day.

JoeyW3
10-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Brad Smith did throw one pass this season. An interception, late in the Chiefs game.

Night Train
10-07-2011, 04:28 AM
I'd have a banjo instead of a LG widescreen.

wait...what was the topic ?

Ed
10-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Brad Smith did throw one pass this season. An interception, late in the Chiefs game.
And he was supposed to throw the ball on a play in the Raiders game, but he just held onto the ball even though he had a guy wide open down field.

I'm actually expecting a fair amount of wildcat plays this Sunday. I'd like to see CJ Spiller get a decent amount of carries too.

Buffalogic
10-07-2011, 09:51 PM
If you were Chan you'd have really big ears

Turf
10-07-2011, 11:50 PM
If you were Chan you'd have really big ears

I was waiting for something like that. :mbb:

kishoph
10-08-2011, 04:31 AM
My biggest problem with CHAN is the way he uses (doesn't use SPILLER), they have to try and get the ball in his hands more, use him the way New Orleans uses SPROLES, especially this week against Phillys LB's. SPILLER needs a chance on this team, his avg. right now is 7.2 yds. a carry, which is high because of the small body of work probably, but still a very good avg. and it's not inflated by a 50 or 60 yd. run. It's going to be getting cold in Buffalo (happens every year) and the 4 receiver sets are going to be a lot harder to operate, the running game is going to be a necessity come late Nov. and Dec. It's time to start using it and I'd like to see SPILLER part of that. Right now it seems that any time SPILLER is in the backfield he gets the ball and I'm sure Defenses key on that, probably the reason he gets hit in the backfield as soon as he touches the ball sometimes (or so it seems), get him on the field more and start using him in more plays.

justasportsfan
10-08-2011, 09:08 AM
They never even used the wildcat last week. I wish Chan would have the balls to let Brad Smith throw the ball when in the wild cat. Not once has he thrown. If they start throwing the ball, teams won't know what the hell is going on when the wildcat comes out to play.
he threw a long ball to Parrish in the first game that ended in an INT

JoeMama
10-08-2011, 03:49 PM
I don't see this game going well for the Bills.

Something tells me a desperate Eagles team wants it more.

That, and mobile QBs absolutely eat us alive. Watching Andy Dalton juke our linebackers out of our pants was tough to watch. It gave me flashbacks of Chad Pennington vs Eddie Robinson. Hate to think what Vick might do.

However, one thing I do like is that we'll get to see Danny Batten play a full game. Here's hoping he takes charge of that OLB position and never lets go.

ServoBillieves
10-08-2011, 03:58 PM
This game shows where we are as a team.

A desperate team (sound familiar?) coming in to a winning team and feeling like they need to prove them wrong?

If they beat the crap out of us, we're a joke. If they win by a little, then hell, it most likely means we have a weak passing game and the "Burn Fitzy at the post!" threads start. If we win, then yes, we are for real a team to not be meddled with. If we crush them?

... Well then what's your excuse?

JoeMama
10-08-2011, 03:59 PM
If we win, I will be like http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/6tp9gi.gif

mikemac2001
10-08-2011, 05:32 PM
I expect a L

but if we do want to beat them i say continue what we are doing....spread them out and leave there weak LB's in space then try to pop them with freddie spiller and take the yards they wanna give us

mikemac2001
10-08-2011, 05:33 PM
If we win, I will be like http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/6tp9gi.gif

i want this image to be like triple the size