Is this the 1st time that a road 1-3 team is favored over a 3-1 home team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Is this the 1st time that a road 1-3 team is favored over a 3-1 home team?

I just wonder how a 3-1 home team is a underdog to a 1-3 road team ?? The Bills have only been favored in one game at Cincy & lost it, so is the book putting emotion before reality ?? We beat the Patriots at home, yet Philly poses a higher risk of defeat for the Bills ?

Anyone even think this is right & if so why ??
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Re: Is this the 1st time that a road 1-3 team is favored over a 3-1 home team?

This is right...it takes more than 3 wins to overcome 10 plus years of suckiness..

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by SabreEleven
      This is right...it takes more than 3 wins to overcome 10 plus years of suckiness..
      So your saying that this line is based on the past & not on the present, is that how the line is made (Previous History over 10 years) ?

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
        So your saying that this line is based on the past & not on the present, is that how the line is made (Previous History over 10 years) ?
        it is based on the fact that the eagles have mike vick, lesean mccoy, desean jackson, jeremy maclin, asomugha, etc.

they are extremely talented, just havent put it together yet. besides, i prefer winning as underdogs

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
          it is based on the fact that the eagles have mike vick, lesean mccoy, desean jackson, jeremy maclin, asomugha, etc.

they are extremely talented, just havent put it together yet. besides, i prefer winning as underdogs
          Does this mean that the Bills are talentless or that previous acts by the Eagles players combined are creating a chemistry of winning ?? We're playing a 1-3 team that hasn't found a way of utilizing who they have to win & they're on the road, are they supposed to get it together better with more noise (12th man) screaming ??

I cannot see how a Eagles team that can't play together well, with obvious flaws on their lines can go on the road & beat a Bills team that has beaten NE / OR who are as talented that have been playing better.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Because on paper, the Eagles should easily beat us by about 10.

It's a good thing games aren't played on paper.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
              Because on paper, the Eagles should easily beat us by about 10.

It's a good thing games aren't played on paper.
              See our last Cincy game as an example of paper win versus field loss.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

See our last Cincy game as an example of paper win versus field loss.

Or our victory vs the Pats.

Exactly.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                  Or our victory vs the Pats.

Exactly.
                  I think a foot always on the gas theory needs to be a standing motto of Chan / crew. I watched Aaron Rodgers stay on the field & pass while up by 25 points, that really got me thinking that it's always on until 00:00. That's a good way to live, always be ready.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                    Making Spirits Bright
                    • Mar 2006

I think a foot always on the gas theory needs to be a standing motto of Chan / crew. I watched Aaron Rodgers stay on the field & pass while up by 25 points, that really got me thinking that it's always on until 00:00. That's a good way to live, always be ready.
                    Always Be Closing.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                      Pinkerton's son
                      • Feb 2006

Does this mean that the Bills are talentless or that previous acts by the Eagles players combined are creating a chemistry of winning ?? We're playing a 1-3 team that hasn't found a way of utilizing who they have to win & they're on the road, are they supposed to get it together better with more noise (12th man) screaming ??

I cannot see how a Eagles team that can't play together well, with obvious flaws on their lines can go on the road & beat a Bills team that has beaten NE / OR who are as talented that have been playing better.
                      where did i say that we were talentless? i actually said we were gonna win, so take it easy bud.

and if you truly think we're as talented as the eagles and that there is no way they can win, then our first 3 wins have got you a little bit too excited. we play well together and may be a more cohesive bunch but we are not as talented top to bottom as the eagles.

Comment

• BillsWin
                        man amongst boys
                        • Oct 2008

We lost to the Cincinnati Bengals... We haven't earned the right to be favored.

What does it matter anyway? If we win it doesn't matter if we were favored or if we were the underdogs.

I'm ok with flying under the radar.
                        Last edited by BillsWin; 10-07-2011, 10:15 AM.
                        I am The Batman.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                          where did i say that we were talentless? i actually said we were gonna win, so take it easy bud.

and if you truly think we're as talented as the eagles and that there is no way they can win, then our first 3 wins have got you a little bit too excited. we play well together and may be a more cohesive bunch but we are not as talented top to bottom as the eagles.
                          I mistook your points so I apologize ahead of time. Your inference of those Eagles players that have so much talent than the Bills players meant to me that the Bills players are less or under-talented to handle them, is that not what you meant ?

Another factor is that individual talent & a team's cohesive talent may not find the same ground. One other thing is, please don't tell me how excited I am or not. I don't know you & you seem to like to grind a touch, like a few on here I'm picking up.

I'm excited that the Bills are doing well, just for the record.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

i think when people put money on the table (as the spreads and favorites suggest), you need to show a history of winning. The odds makers aren't going to go with the flavor of the month. Just like your life insurance policy isn't going to watch your cholestrol go down from 280 to 270 and get excited that you aren't still most likely going to cause them a payout.

It's good news, but you need the history to makes the odds makers to feel like you are worth backing. if they make the bills the favorites, it becomes a no brainer for a lot of people who don't follow the two teams to say, "i trust vick over fitz and reid over gailey." The books gets blown out to skew on side and if there is an upset, they are screwed.

that's why its happening in this case.

Comment

• psubills62
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2008

I believe we were favored against the Raiders as well...I want to say the line was Buffalo -3.5.

It's still early enough in the season when people also still believe that records don't necessarily reflect how good the team really is. Especially for the Eagles.
                              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
                              X