PDA

View Full Version : Kelsay out.

Oaf
10-07-2011, 12:22 PM
This week, possibly longer. Thoughts? Still "Chris Kelsay" when playing the run or misdirection. But, he seemed to be our best pass rusher which was saying oh so little.

clumping platelets
10-07-2011, 12:24 PM
well....this gives a chance for Moats

Dr. Lecter
10-07-2011, 12:26 PM
well....this gives a chance for Moats
I think it will be Batten

This actually hurts. Kelsay has played OK this year.

clumping platelets
10-07-2011, 12:27 PM
True but Batten and/or Moats will get a chance to prove something

BLeonard
10-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Through 4 games:

7 Tackles (3 Total, 4 Assisted) 1 pass defensed... 0 sacks, 0 Forced Fumbles, 0 INT.

I don't think it's a huge loss... Let's see what someone else can do in the role.

-Bill

ghz in pittsburgh
10-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Aaron Curry's asking price just jumped up one round.

Let's see what Batten has first.

justasportsfan
10-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Kelsays been great at containing rb's and qb's . We could have benefited having him vs. Vick.

GreedoII
10-07-2011, 12:49 PM
See ya Kelsay. 1 more stiff out of the lineup wasting space. Hopefully we won't see him any longer in this town

Oaf
10-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Kelsays been great at containing rb's and qb's . We could have benefited having him vs. Vick.
:scratch: that right?

SquishDaFish
10-07-2011, 01:54 PM
This acc hurts us this week. Hes been containing the edge well vs. run and QBs

Homegrown
10-07-2011, 01:56 PM
[insert high-motor lunch pail comment]

Skooby
10-07-2011, 01:59 PM
[insert high-motor lunch pail comment]

The guy has a motor in his lunch pale, it revs high.

madness
10-07-2011, 02:09 PM
One place we won't miss him... :snicker:

Don’t drop Chris Kelsay into coverage. Ever.
The Bills seem to have this utility player approach to Chris Kelsay. He’s linebacker, he’s defensive end, he’s covering a zone 15-yards down field. Wait, what? Unlike most teams with one of these hybrid linebacker/defensive end types, the Bills seem intent on dropping Kelsay as if he was a 230-pound 4-3 linebacker, and they’ve found disastrous consequences. Kelsay (-3.1) is clearly not only uncomfortable, but often completely lost in his zone. Teammates believe that zone is accounted for so they don’t cheat over to help – which they’d need to do if they were watching receivers wander into it completely uncovered. The Bills are giving up too many big plays directly as a result of this at the moment.

Oaf
10-07-2011, 02:22 PM
One place we won't miss him... :snicker:

Don’t drop Chris Kelsay into coverage. Ever.
The Bills seem to have this utility player approach to Chris Kelsay. He’s linebacker, he’s defensive end, he’s covering a zone 15-yards down field. Wait, what? Unlike most teams with one of these hybrid linebacker/defensive end types, the Bills seem intent on dropping Kelsay as if he was a 230-pound 4-3 linebacker, and they’ve found disastrous consequences. Kelsay (-3.1) is clearly not only uncomfortable, but often completely lost in his zone. Teammates believe that zone is accounted for so they don’t cheat over to help – which they’d need to do if they were watching receivers wander into it completely uncovered. The Bills are giving up too many big plays directly as a result of this at the moment.
Nice sig.

Beebe's Kid
10-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Through 4 games:

7 Tackles (3 Total, 4 Assisted) 1 pass defensed... 0 sacks, 0 Forced Fumbles, 0 INT.

I don't think it's a huge loss... Let's see what someone else can do in the role.

-Bill
See...this is easy stuff!! Just look at the back of his football card, and you'll know the impact he has on gameday.

This football card doesn't look too good when you put it next to some other guys, so we won't miss him.

This is easy stuff... Oh, and people on the Interweb seem to hate Kelsay, so if you want to be popular on the Interweb, just don't like him either....thus his absence is a blessing.

It's like stealing candy from a baby, I tells ya!

tampabay25690
10-07-2011, 09:37 PM
See ya Kelsay. 1 more stiff out of the lineup wasting space. Hopefully we won't see him any longer in this town

I disagree with you 100%
Kelsay has been pretty decent this year.
Not wasting space at all, he will be missed in the front 7.

psubills62
10-07-2011, 09:39 PM
I disagree with you 100%
Kelsay has been pretty decent this year.
Not wasting space at all, he will be missed in the front 7.
Kelsay has been decent, but at the same time I don't mind seeing what the younger guys can do, unless of course they are liabilities.

tampabay25690
10-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Kelsay has been decent, but at the same time I don't mind seeing what the younger guys can do, unless of course they are liabilities.

I guess we will see Sunday