X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Roger Goodell will be at game Sunday, will talk with fans

From BuffaloBills.com. Chris Brown's blog.....

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will be at Sunday’s Bills-Eagles game to meet with a select group of Bills season ticket holders.

Goodell’s visit is part of a series of fan forum events in which the Commissioner meets directly with fans to answer their questions and hear what is on their minds.

The first event took place at the 2010 Pro Bowl in South Florida. More than 100 Bills season ticket holders were selected for the event.
    From Buffalo Bills official twitter account:

#Bills CEO Russ Brandon: “Excited to have @NFLCommish visit on Sunday for his 1st trip to RWS since 4 yrs ago on 10/8/07 (v. Dallas).”
    and...

Brandon: “100 #Bills season ticket holders will speak directly w/ @nflcommish at a Fan Forum pregame. Gr8 opportunity for our devoted fans”
    IF there was anything at all to Chad Kelly's tweet, my guess is he meant he was meeting Goodell. Also, IF there is anything going down regarding the organization, I seriously, seriously doubt that the Commish would come to town on the heels of bad news.

Can only wait and see if there's anything more to this. I'm working on it. As of right now, it's just Goodell coming to Buffalo to meet with fans and he will reportedly actually sit in the stands for the game.
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Roger Goodell will be at game Sunday, will talk with fans

Thanks for the clarification Coach!!

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
      • Jan 2010

His twitter was deleted. Doubt it was because he was saying he is meeting the commisioner. Could be why the commisioner is coming here though for the same reason Chad was tweeting about. Interesting indeed

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Coach Sal
        IF there was anything at all to Chad Kelly's tweet, my guess is he meant he was meeting Goodell.
        I don't think that's what Chad Kelly meant because his tweet said something about next year being a "new season, new team, new...". New what? It's not about the new commish for sure.

Then it could just be a teenager flapping his lips, wouldn't be the first time.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

maybe he's meeting goodell and goodell will step down and jim kelly takes over.

i still don't think anything is coming from any of this.

I hope the 100 people who talk to him get to say, "isn't this a little unfair that our team is held hostage with constant moving discussions? get us a succession plan and then put a good team on the field."

Comment

• Coach Sal
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
            I don't think that's what Chad Kelly meant because his tweet said something about next year being a "new season, new team, new...". New what? It's not about the new commish for sure.

Then it could just be a teenager flapping his lips, wouldn't be the first time.
            He didn't tweet he was meeting "the new" anything. Just that he was meeting "the man."

"The new...." part, to me, was separate.

I took it as:
            A) The Bills have something "new" happening
            B) I'm meeting "the man."

not....
            "I'm meeting the new man who has something to do with the Bills.
            Click to listen:

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Comment

• wmoz11
              • Sep 2008

Goodell is coming in to meet the prospective buyer group behind the scenes.

/wishful thinking

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Maybe Chad Kelly has a new squeeze, or some new pimples growing on his ass.

Comment

• Bulldog
                  Top Dog
                  • Jan 2003

He didn't tweet he was meeting "the new" anything. Just that he was meeting "the man."

"The new...." part, to me, was separate.

I took it as:
                  A) The Bills have something "new" happening
                  B) I'm meeting "the man."

not....
                  "I'm meeting the new man who has something to do with the Bills.
                  Based on what he wrote, I have no idea how you came to those conclusions. Not that I think we'll hear anything substantial this weekend, but I honestly believe there is more going on than the commissioner just coming to town to meet the fans. The timing of all of this seems to be way too coincidental. Who knows, maybe there really isn't anything to it. But I have a feeling something is going on behind the scenes this weekend.
                  I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Coach Sal
                    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Bulldog
                    Based on what he wrote, I have no idea how you came to those conclusions. Not that I think we'll hear anything substantial this weekend, but I honestly believe there is more going on than the commissioner just coming to town to meet the fans. The timing of all of this seems to be way too coincidental. Who knows, maybe there really isn't anything to it. But I have a feeling something is going on behind the scenes this weekend.
                    I agree there is. Maybe I'm mis-stating. I'll try again.

I think something may be going on, too.

I think Chad knows that "something," if there is.

I think he is getting a chance to meet the Commish, who will be in town specifically because "something" is up.

But I don't think Chad said he is meeting with a new owner, only that he is meeting someone very important. I take that to be the Commish.

I agree something could very well be going down. I just don't agree that Chad Kelly is meeting the person/people it may be going down with. He just knows it's happening and is ALSO meeting the Commissioner on the heels of it.

Make more sense?

Just my guess.
                    Click to listen:

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Johnny Dangerously clip of "The Grapevine" how misinformation is transferred brought to you by Bruce Avellanet, the Dallas Note Buyer and Multi-Family Expert...

Comment

• Bulldog
                        Top Dog
                        • Jan 2003

I agree there is. Maybe I'm mis-stating. I'll try again.

I think something may be going on, too.

I think Chad knows that "something," if there is.

I think he is getting a chance to meet the Commish, who will be in town specifically because "something" is up.

But I don't think Chad said he is meeting with a new owner, only that he is meeting someone very important. I take that to be the Commish.

I agree something could very well be going down. I just don't agree that Chad Kelly is meeting the person/people it may be going down with. He just knows it's happening and is ALSO meeting the Commissioner on the heels of it.

Make more sense?

Just my guess.
                        Yeah. I feel the same way. Again, I doubt very much that we'll hear anything about it this weekend. Just seems like all of this stuff, combined with Ralph's ailing health, now is the time for this to begin.
                        I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Oaf
                          Do you read what you write?
                          • Jun 2007

Last time he came to town, Dallas '07. It's not looking good.

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

Maybe it's just a friggin coincidence! I know that's crazy to say!

Comment

• streetkings01
                              • Jul 2006

I hope somebody ask's the Commish why he steered Vick away from Buffalo to the Eagles!
                              You can call me streetkings

Comment

Working...
                              X