PDA

View Full Version : Frank Gore: 'Eagles didn't want to play'

SabreEleven
10-08-2011, 08:01 AM
It took three unanswered touchdowns for the San Francisco 49ers to overtake the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday.

But it was a comeback made possible by the Eagles throwing in the towel, according to 49ers running back Frank Gore.

"I think playing that second half and the way we came out, the Eagles didn't want to play no more," Gore said in an interview on ESPN's "First Take."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7070630/frank-gore-says-philadelphia-eagles-threw-towel-san-francisco-49ers-rallied

Could be Fred Jackson time on Sunday....

Skooby
10-08-2011, 08:09 AM
It took three unanswered touchdowns for the San Francisco 49ers to overtake the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday.

But it was a comeback made possible by the Eagles throwing in the towel, according to 49ers running back Frank Gore.

"I think playing that second half and the way we came out, the Eagles didn't want to play no more," Gore said in an interview on ESPN's "First Take."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7070630/frank-gore-says-philadelphia-eagles-threw-towel-san-francisco-49ers-rallied

Could be Fred Jackson time on Sunday....

I think that FJ has his largest total yardage day this Sunday, Philly is cream cheese & doesn't know it yet.

SabreEleven
10-08-2011, 08:12 AM
I think that FJ has his largest total yardage day this Sunday, Philly is cream cheese & doesn't know it yet.

Actually I think they do know it.

Skooby
10-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Actually I think they do know it.

You might be right, all the much better.

psubills62
10-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Gore was averaging something like 2.3 YPC going into that game. He averaged ~8 YPC during that game.

trapezeus
10-08-2011, 08:23 PM
the one time i'd rather have the game be in philly. the fact that they can make errors early without the boo birds will have them playing for themselves. if they were in philly, the pressure would have helped make the mistakes add up.

i'm a little nervous about this game.

YardRat
10-08-2011, 08:49 PM
I bet they show up tomorrow.

Meathead
10-09-2011, 08:01 AM
unfortunately for us, last weeks eagles game wasnt really must win. they told themselves that, but really it wasnt

this week, it really is. if they go to 1-4 its over for them. they would have to go 9-2 the rest of the way just to have a decent chance at a wildcard. they have a crapload of tough games coming up and it would be an extremely daunting task to not lose more than two. they know all of this, of course. whatever lingering complacency they might have had will be gone this whole week. they will be as maximally focused and determined as they can possibly be

if the bills lose they are still 3-2 and technically in pretty decent shape. theres just no way to generate the same kind of urgency and desperation from this end

birds 34-30