PDA

View Full Version : Watching Flyers and Devils

OpIv37
10-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Philly's up 1-0 but it would probably be 4-0 if it wasn't for Brodeur pulling saves out of his ass.

NJ already gave up two odd-man rushes while on the PP. It's hard to draw too many conclusions from half a game, but it looks like they could be in for another long year.

Skooby
10-08-2011, 10:09 PM
1 game means 0 in the NHL.

OpIv37
10-09-2011, 02:01 AM
1 game means 0 in the NHL.

Tell that to the team that misses the playoffs by two points.

Or the team that's in 5th place and has to go on the road in the playoffs because they were 2 points behind the 4th place team.

CuseJetsFan83
10-09-2011, 03:45 AM
^see buffalo last year... that was nearly our scenerio.

all points are precious, but if you lose 3-4 in a row its not the end of the world, but you never wanna blow any chance at points

Skooby
10-09-2011, 07:30 AM
Tell that to the team that misses the playoffs by two points.

Or the team that's in 5th place and has to go on the road in the playoffs because they were 2 points behind the 4th place team.

Could you find anything good to say about the Sabres in the first 1.5 months of last season, they won 3 out of their first 14 games. They ended up making the playoffs, so there goes the whole it's going to be a long season argument as presented. I gave you a simple one game means nothing statement in reference to your another long season post, which has zero to do with points.

^see buffalo last year... that was nearly our scenerio.

all points are precious, but if you lose 3-4 in a row its not the end of the world, but you never wanna blow any chance at points

I based my statement on judging a team's potential total yearly performance on a half a game, that's why one game means nothing. It's not that the loss of the points aren't relevant, they are valuable. It's you can't draw any conclusions from one game.