PDA

View Full Version : gailey is doing great

djjimkelly
10-09-2011, 03:15 PM
i put most of this success on gailey everyone doing their jobs fitz jackson the d with big plays

but all becuz of the position gailey puts them in

i do like this coach

2slowtogofast
10-09-2011, 03:20 PM
same here good to be able to say that

psubills62
10-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Honestly, our running offense has been superb. The OL is blowing guys off the line pretty consistently. Only problem is that teams are overloading the box. On every Brad Smith run (even the one he tried to bounce outside for a loss), our OL has just razed the defense.

The team needs to make defensive adjustments. We actually did a good job of pressuring Vick early, but the Eagles adjusted themselves. I really hope the team can focus on fixing some things during the bye week...just need to eke out one more win in the meantime.

Crisis
10-09-2011, 03:21 PM
it's hard to tell how covered our receivers were down field from the tv angles...but did we really only attempt two passes over 10 yards all game?

the play calling was really suspect today imo but i'm still happy with the win.

T-Long
10-09-2011, 03:24 PM
They stuck with their game plan of pounding the ball and not testing Samuel and Asomuagh. It was boring gameplan based on the excitement we have seen, but it's still the same end result. Gailey is the perfect coach for this team. Now we just need to get the defense to quit giving up tons of yardage, and we'll be just fine!

imbondz
10-09-2011, 03:25 PM
I thought we should have ran even more. stressing me out

methos4ever
10-09-2011, 03:26 PM
They stuck with their game plan of pounding the ball and not testing Samuel and Asomuagh. It was boring gameplan based on the excitement we have seen, but it's still the same end result. Gailey is the perfect coach for this team. Now we just need to get the defense to quit giving up tons of yardage, and we'll be just fine!
The big difference between last year and this year is despite at times returning to their sieve like state yardage wise, they're getting a lot of turnovers and allowing the offense very short fields. Until that changes, the defense gives itself a chance...

Mad Max
10-09-2011, 03:28 PM
I feel Gailey is doing well, but there's room for improvement.

A little too predictable on the offensive game calling. And he hasn't fired Edwards YET.

:whistle:

imbondz
10-09-2011, 03:30 PM
i thought the play calling was awesome until the 3rd quarter, then part of the 4th

DBrown77
10-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Gailey has been great except for offensive play calling when a team is coming back on us.

Crisis
10-09-2011, 03:31 PM
i thought the play calling was awesome until the 3rd quarter, then part of the 4th

agreed. it was obvious philly had adjusted to all the quick slants/screens and gailey just kept sticking with it.

Bangarang
10-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Our 2nd half play calling was suspect.

methos4ever
10-09-2011, 03:41 PM
I think some of it was them trying to keep some wrinkles for Division opponents, since it seemed like we had 3 screens and 2 variants of the shovel pass, as well as on the pass game a few drive concepts...none of the HB / sideline stuff we've seen and none of the Brad Smith pass series.

Mad Bomber
10-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Play action? Didn't see it much. Would have been very effective the way we were running the ball.

Crisis
10-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Play action? Didn't see it much. Would have been very effective the way we were running the ball.

I wonder how much of the playcalling is Gailey scared that the OL can't passblock long enough on anything other than quick slants and screen passes.

Spiderweb
10-09-2011, 03:51 PM
I feel Gailey is doing well, but there's room for improvement.

A little too predictable on the offensive game calling. And he hasn't fired Edwards YET.

:whistle:

The play calling, especially in second half disappointed me tremendously. Once we jumped up in the first half, it would have been nice to go deep a few time and more involvement with the TE down the seem

DraftBoy
10-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Got too determined to run the screen and run the ball. I wonder how much freedom Fitz has to check out of plays. I saw things from the TV angle that I knew to check out of.

Play calling in the 3rd Q was suspect. Way too conservative, I hate when coaches coach that way.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-09-2011, 07:51 PM
I don't see a problem there.

The Eagles have 3 very good corners. I don't know I want to pin my hope on any one of our receivers to beat them one-on-one.

At this point, out options are limited. Our top speedsters are all out - Evans traded away, Parrish on IR, Jones hurt.

I bet you next week, the Giants will take a page out of Cinci and flood the zone. It will be an ugly game.

Joe Fo Sho
10-09-2011, 08:17 PM
We can nitpick about playcalling all we want, I've questioned it at points throughout this year myself. But that fact is, we're 4-1, with a win against the Patriots. Most of us were expecting a 4-6 win season. Chan Gailey has done a PHENOMENAL job with this team, my hat is off to him.

TheBrownBear
10-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Chan is the man. He is far exceeding my expectations for him. He's got a team with marginal talent competing with the best in the NFL.

BertSquirtgum
10-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Until he fires George Edwards, Chan will not have me totally on his side.