PDA

View Full Version : What Chan should say to Andy Reid

X-Era
10-09-2011, 03:17 PM
"Hey Andy, let's talk after the game about trading for Asante Samuel".

Reggie Corner does not belong on an NFL field.

Great win, but our secondary needs help bad.

Slim
10-09-2011, 03:21 PM

I don't think McGee played a down today either.

Spiderweb
10-09-2011, 04:04 PM
I don't think McGee played a down today either.

He wasn't inactive (good thing). I believe Chan was very cautious on Friday evaluating McGee's return. He seemed to want to let him get a bit more work in before giving it a shot in a game. Maybe he'll play in the next game.

Forward_Lateral
10-09-2011, 04:06 PM
The good thing is, the team is 4-1, despite the shaky play of their cornerbacks not named Drayton.

I think that they can afford to take their time with McGee, and not risk him re-injuring and being lost for a longer period of time.

Mad Max
10-09-2011, 04:06 PM
The secondary is suspect as a unit. No doubt.

But part of it is the lack of consistent pressure. We need a stud rush OLB in the worst way (or for one to develop...Moats?)

Crisis
10-09-2011, 04:07 PM
Let's not pin our hopes on McGee coming back.. he'll make one play like Roscoe and then be done for the year after.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-09-2011, 04:09 PM
The secondary is suspect as a unit. No doubt.

But part of it is the lack of consistent pressure. We need a stud rush OLB in the worst way (or for one to develop...Moats?)

With all the holding going on in the league this year, I'm not sure it'll help much. They have Moats and Merriman, at least one of the two should, in a normal year, be able to get some pressure.

trapezeus
10-09-2011, 04:23 PM
that pass rush will cause issues for the giants.

Forward_Lateral
10-09-2011, 04:24 PM
I hope they break Eli Mannings head off.

Mad Max
10-09-2011, 04:27 PM
I hope they break Eli Mannings head off.

I hope they knock that dumb look off his face.

Oh wait, in order to do that they'd have to take his head off...apologies for the redundant thought.

Lexwhat
10-09-2011, 04:42 PM
This is actually a valid point... The Bills may very well go after one of Philly's CBs next season (Asante Samuel?). Samuel will be a good fit here, IMO.

Nnamdi will stay in Philly, and DRC is still young, so I think Samuel (turning 31 in January) will be the odd man out in Philly.

As Dick Jauron used to say -- "can't ever have too many CBs"

jamze132
10-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Yeah we need some serious help at CB.

cgbm
10-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Again florance is our only good cb. And he is way underated. He has shown up for every game and produced.

Again mckelvin is not cutting it.

Bryan scott is solid. Getting picks and making clutch tackles.

The comments about our safties is not very valid. Because as a safety its your job to prevent the deep passes. There was not a single deep ball td. Every play was a 15yd catch with a big run. The saftiies stopped tds that the cbs let go.

Lets not forget we played against a rocket armed vick. And two of the fastest posession recievers in the game. And faired ok. By the score at least.

Oh and dont forget we lead the league in ints and turnovers. By alot.

better days
10-09-2011, 04:58 PM
This is actually a valid point... The Bills may very well go after one of Philly's CBs next season (Asante Samuel?). Samuel will be a good fit here, IMO.

Nnamdi will stay in Philly, and DRC is still young, so I think Samuel (turning 31 in January) will be the odd man out in Philly.

Jauron is still saying that, he is just saying it in Cleveland now..............Thank GOD.

X-Era
10-09-2011, 05:05 PM

There were rumors he was on the trade block. I wouldn't mind it depending on what it may cost.

better days
10-09-2011, 05:48 PM
There were rumors he was on the trade block. I wouldn't mind it depending on what it may cost.

I was going to say, sure trade the Ravens 4th for him, but after 2nd thought I'm not sure about that. He is getting long in the tooth & I am liking Nix's draft picks.

Night Train
10-09-2011, 06:27 PM
" God, are you FAT ! "

DynaPaul
10-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Can we get Jabari Greer back from the Saints?

DesertFox24
10-09-2011, 07:53 PM
I thought McKelvin played well today.

Florence has been the best and thank God Nix brought him back. Hopefully we get Aaron Williams back soon and can sit Corner back on the bench.

If McGee could somehow stay healthy he would be one of the better nickle backs in the NFL. However, that is more than likely not going to happen.

Beebe's Kid
10-09-2011, 08:56 PM
McKelvin is getting abused week in and week out. The talk about our "secondary as a whole" is a little far fetched. Senator George Wison was great, and Byrd is playing at an extremely high level. I know he doesn't have sexy football card numbers so a lot of you will want to trade him, or cut him, or throw him over the falls, but he is playing very well.

Florence is obviously the best CB, and Corner was ****ing cut, and brought back. He wasn't the projected 3rd CB.

I think McKelvin would benefit from being able to play NB. Hopefully McGee will provide him a little break. AW is going to be back after the bye week, from what I've read, and yes he was a little out of his element against Wes Welker, but it is a little unfair to judge a rookie on his ability to shut down a guy who catches 125 balls/year, and is on pace to grab around 160 this year....I am sure that won't stop many of you from demanding he is cut tomorrow, but thought it was worth the effort.

methos4ever
10-09-2011, 09:15 PM

Doesn't like tackling and only wants to play zone. Pass.

Historian
10-10-2011, 06:38 AM
On the other hand, you've got to consider who we've played...pass happy teams...Philly, NE, Oakland.

These guys have a tough job. Sure they need to play better, but to suggest changes is silly, IMO.

#1 they do have good chemistry together.
#2 I haven't seen a secondary this opportunistic since the Jeff Nixon/Rod Kush days.

Overall, 450 ypg worries me.

I'm wondering if it isn't time for Coach Gailey to give Dave Wannsestadt a little more control of the D?

psubills62
10-10-2011, 09:24 AM
On the other hand, you've got to consider who we've played...pass happy teams...Philly, NE, Oakland.

These guys have a tough job. Sure they need to play better, but to suggest changes is silly, IMO.

#1 they do have good chemistry together.
#2 I haven't seen a secondary this opportunistic since the Jeff Nixon/Rod Kush days.

Overall, 450 ypg worries me.

I'm wondering if it isn't time for Coach Gailey to give Dave Wannsestadt a little more control of the D?
I agree. The YPG worries me as well, but at the same time, we've played some dang good offenses.

Another thing people need to realize is that yards are not points.

I saw some things from the D that I liked. They really stopped the run until they got a huge lead. They also made adjustments - that screen play that Desean Jackson scored on? Eagles tried it later on the other side of the formation for about a 3 yard gain, thanks to Moats reading the play and getting to the outside quicker.

One final thing that I haven't seen people mention yet is that we didn't allow any deep passes. If you've watched the Eagles being led by Vick, you'll know that's what they're known for. Desean Jackson was very, very quiet until the screen play and a middle-of-the-field catch late in the 4th. He's known as a deep guy, and I have a feeling Buffalo designed their gameplan to prevent those deep passes. Vick ended up taking what we gave him instead. The Eagles made their own adjustments.

The defense has done a fine job in most first halves...second half is when teams tend to really get going on us. Let's hope we can eke out another win against the Giants, then try and fix some of these issues over the bye.