PDA

View Full Version : This league has been ruined

YardRat
10-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Treating the QB's like china dolls.
Pussifying hard-hitting out of the defense.
Negating one of the most exciting plays by removing KO returns.
And, most obviously, the total disdain shown by referees for blowing the whistle on holding calls, except for the obligatory one per team in the fourth quarter.

The powers that be have created a greatest show on turf atmosphere league-wide with all of their rule changes, making defenses obsolete, and the obvious favoritism to the offensive side of the ball has made the games one-dimensional.

Might as well merge with the CFL, because other than the size of the fields and # of downs there really isn't that much of a difference between the two anymore.

imbondz
10-09-2011, 03:26 PM
agree mostly. tho i hate a game where there's a holding called every other play.

Crisis
10-09-2011, 03:27 PM
OLs (ours included) are allowed to get away with murder now. it's pretty ridiculous.

Buddo
10-09-2011, 03:52 PM
It wouldn't be so bad, if the Zebras called none, or all. Start calling 'holding' in the 4th quarter, when it's been going on all game, is only going to lead to teams and fans getting jobbed.
It's one of those things where the Zebras seem to think it's ok to let go, until the game is close. Well it's not.
Teams and players, really only want consistency. you can deal with it, one way or the other, whether they are all called, or none called, but when it's suddenly decided that 'holding' happens, it's not fair on either team.
WTF are coaches supposed to be doing?
'Hang on a sec guys, it's nearly the 4th quarter, you better stop holding'.
I knew as soon as the Eagles got caught, the Bills would cop one also.
Considering someone in the first half had Merriman in a headlock, and wasn't called, none of those calls were up to much at all.

BUFF Bills
10-09-2011, 04:24 PM
what gets me, is the fact that we no longer know what catches, are actually catches. it seems like week after week, we are left wondering "what if?" on a sketchy call by the refs. unbelievable.

Billz_fan
10-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Treating the QB's like china dolls.
Pussifying hard-hitting out of the defense.
Negating one of the most exciting plays by removing KO returns.
And, most obviously, the total disdain shown by referees for blowing the whistle on holding calls, except for the obligatory one per team in the fourth quarter.

The powers that be have created a greatest show on turf atmosphere league-wide with all of their rule changes, making defenses obsolete, and the obvious favoritism to the offensive side of the ball has made the games one-dimensional.

Might as well merge with the CFL, because other than the size of the fields and # of downs there really isn't that much of a difference between the two anymore.

I agree, the game is soooo different than it used to be and not in a good way. It will never change or get fixed though. They are never going to fix something that makes them so much money. Fans will continue to spend like crazy because there is nothing better.