• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Hairston played great

It was an impressive showing for the rookie. How the hell is our offensive line playing this well?
    I am The Batman.
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Re: Hairston played great

cuz Fitz gets rid of the ball in 2.1 seconds
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsWin
      It was an impressive showing for the rookie. How the hell is our offensive line playing this well?
      As I said, the staff will be finding a way to get him on the field once Bell gets back.

He played very well I agree.

Comment

• methos4ever
        • Apr 2004

They're good on the whole and not just a collection of parts. We're seeing a system actually get established and succeed IMO.

In fact, the Fitz sack was coverage and he still had time to throw, so I'm happy overall with the line. I would have liked the holding calls to not happen when they did, but it all worked out.

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

Interestingly, Philly seemed to send most of the pressure up the middle, not at Hairston. He did hold his own pretty well, but I'd still much prefer seeing Bell out there and Hairston on the bench.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• BillsWin
            man amongst boys
            • Oct 2008

Another awesome rookie performance was from Sheppard. Kid has a bright future.
            I am The Batman.

Comment

• Bangarang
              • Sep 2010

We might not have drafted him if it wasn't for that extra 4th round pick. I'm hoping we can do the same with the pick we got from the Ravens.

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

I only noticed him on a couple plays, but was surprised he was playing meaningful minutes anyway. He had two good plays too.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• methos4ever
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by psubills62
                  I only noticed him on a couple plays, but was surprised he was playing meaningful minutes anyway. He had two good plays too.
                  Until the 53 yard Vick run, he'd done a GREAT job of playing QB Spy - he slipped on that and off he went.

Comment

• Buddo
                    • Mar 2007

I thought Hairston did ok, but not brilliantly. I saw him get beat cleanly a couple of times, but the ball was gone before the DE could get near Fitz.

Promising start, but I'm not getting carried away by it.
                    I suppose for a 4th round rookie, it was impressive, but there's a long way to go for him yet imho.
                    I will give him some credit though, they weren't looking to help him out a lot.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                      • Oct 2002

He's a tackling machine. I don't think he's going to make to many big sacks or INTs, but he is going to be a steady performer for the Bills.

Hairston played well. It's tough for a rookie fourth round pick to come in and start and be productive. Hopefully he keeps on improving and OT isn't the constant need that it has been every offseason.
                      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

His pass pro was average to below average as Tapp beat him more than few times but his run blocking was superb.

Basically exactly what we saw in college, ideal RT in the NFL.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mad Max
                          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Buddo
                          I thought Hairston did ok, but not brilliantly. I saw him get beat cleanly a couple of times, but the ball was gone before the DE could get near Fitz.

Promising start, but I'm not getting carried away by it.
                          I suppose for a 4th round rookie, it was impressive, but there's a long way to go for him yet imho.
                          I will give him some credit though, they weren't looking to help him out a lot.
                          I agree with this. He got beat (Bell style) a couple of times. Not bad for a first start, not bad at all, but it was just an ok performance, not great.

Fitz truly is the key to the success of this line as currently constituted. If he tried to bake cakes in there like Brady does, he'd get murdalized.

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

I taped the game so I will go back and watch. I thought both his pass protection and run blocking were good. He kick slided well. I didn't see him get beat around the egde which would be my big worry. There was one play where Fitz held the ball way too long but the hit actually was not from Hairston's guy.

It wasn't fantastic but he did well IMO.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

If Bell sees the field again as a starting LT it will be a damn shame.

Hairston is just as good, if not better, than D.Bell already.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X