PDA

View Full Version : Looking Ahead

BILLSROCK1212
10-09-2011, 07:43 PM
I don't want to jinx anything, but as long as we don't screw things up like we did against the Bengals then our two games against the 'Fins and our game against the Broncos are all incredibly winnable.

That brings us to 7-1. It's not automatic of course, but it's hypothetical.

That makes the rest of this stretch agains the NFC East and the Jets very critical. If we pull out 3 of these 4 games then in my hypothetical scenario we would have 10 wins.

What I am trying to say is, we have a REAL shot at the playoffs as long as we keep it up and not let one go like we did against the Bengals.

This team is very much a contender. I hope for the best and expect the worst with this team, as always...

GO BILLS!!

Skooby
10-09-2011, 07:48 PM
I see the Giants game next, they lost at home to Seattle & they're 3-2 coming up on their bye with us. I see the Giants battling until the end, down by 20 or so points.

ublinkwescore
10-09-2011, 07:50 PM
I don't want to jinx anything, but as long as we don't screw things up like we did against the Bengals then our two games against the 'Fins and our game against the Broncos are all incredibly winnable.

That brings us to 7-1. It's not automatic of course, but it's hypothetical.

That makes the rest of this stretch agains the NFC East and the Jets very critical. If we pull out 3 of these 4 games then in my hypothetical scenario we would have 10 wins.

What I am trying to say is, we have a REAL shot at the playoffs as long as we keep it up and not let one go like we did against the Bengals.

This team is very much a contender. I hope for the best and expect the worst with this team, as always...

GO BILLS!!

we didn't screw that up... that douchebag officiating crew gave the bengals that game.

Forward_Lateral
10-09-2011, 07:51 PM
If I'm the Bills, I'm not looking a second past the Giants. They are going to be pissed off and desperate much like the Eagles were today.

If the Bills win next week, I'll be the guy driving the playoff band wagon.

DesertFox24
10-09-2011, 08:08 PM
If I'm the Bills, I'm not looking a second past the Giants. They are going to be pissed off and desperate much like the Eagles were today.

That game and the jets game are the two I am looking at the most.

Can we beat a good team at their place that has a good record, and can we beat the other good team in our division.

The cowboys and skins games will be tough games but the giants and jets are the two that will convince me how legit we are.

BILLSROCK1212
10-09-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm not saying to look past the Giants. I am just saying that this next set of games will define our season. I'm excited to see what's to come from this team and hope that we only continue to grow.

BertSquirtgum
10-09-2011, 08:21 PM
The broncos game isn't until December 24th. How are they going to beat them to be 7-1?

BILLSROCK1212
10-09-2011, 08:22 PM
The broncos game isn't until December 24th. How are they going to beat them to be 7-1?
It was a hypothetical. I should have said 7 wins.

BertSquirtgum
10-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Also, the Phins game is November 27th. How much weed did you smoke at the game today?

BILLSROCK1212
10-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Also, the Phins game is November 27th. How much weed did you smoke at the game today?
Haha dude. Chill with the jackassery...

I didn't mean 7-1. I meant that would give us 7 wins if we could pull thru and the rest of the match ups are much tougher, but if we can pull thru then we are in great playoff position. It's all hypothetical, but I was trying to put the rest of the season into perspective - apparently i failed

TigerJ
10-09-2011, 10:08 PM
we didn't screw that up... that douchebag officiating crew gave the bengals that game.The officiating was lousy. I wouldn't dispute that. However, Fitzpatrick was as cold as a January morning in the Adirondacks, receivers were dropping balls and the tackling was sloppy the whole game.

TigerJ
10-09-2011, 10:16 PM
It's kind of funny, before the season, I would have said Buffalo was likely to lose to New England and Philadelphia and would have at least a chance to win against Kansas City and Oakland. Cincinnati seemed to be the closest thing Buffalo had to a sure win in their first 5 games. I do think Buffalo is going to win a bunch of games and has a decent shot at this point to make the playoffs, but sometimes the games we think are winnable they lose and then beat the teams that we feared were better than the Bills..

Mad Max
10-09-2011, 10:42 PM
It's kind of funny, before the season, I would have said Buffalo was likely to lose to New England and Philadelphia and would have at least a chance to win against Kansas City and Oakland. Cincinnati seemed to be the closest thing Buffalo had to a sure win in their first 5 games. I do think Buffalo is going to win a bunch of games and has a decent shot at this point to make the playoffs, but sometimes the games we think are winnable they lose and then beat the teams that we feared were better than the Bills..

I'd gladly trade a loss to the Broncos for a win against the Pasties in Foxborough.

Romes
10-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Haha dude. Chill with the jackassery...

I didn't mean 7-1. I meant that would give us 7 wins if we could pull thru and the rest of the match ups are much tougher, but if we can pull thru then we are in great playoff position. It's all hypothetical, but I was trying to put the rest of the season into perspective - apparently i failed

I think most of us understood what you meant...

BertSquirtgum
10-09-2011, 10:54 PM
I think most of us understood what you meant...

really? because it made zero sense.

ublinkwescore
10-12-2011, 11:05 AM

I've already started the playoff bandwagon out here in Cali buddy.

DAMN LIFE IS GOOD!!!

ublinkwescore
10-12-2011, 05:28 PM
The officiating was lousy. I wouldn't dispute that. However, Fitzpatrick was as cold as a January morning in the Adirondacks, receivers were dropping balls and the tackling was sloppy the whole game.

but despite all that, we were winning by 7, driving, and had a crucial clear catch taken from us and that literally gift wrapped that game for the bengals. So we were doing enough to win that game, and very likely would have if we would have so much as gotten into field goal range (which we were very close to doing). Bengals would have had fewer points, and fewer seconds on the clock.

ublinkwescore
10-12-2011, 05:29 PM
I've already started the playoff bandwagon out here in Cali buddy.

DAMN LIFE IS GOOD!!!

It's a bandwagon of two right now, but we still back our team up if anyone wants to talk smack.