PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Draft

DesertFox24
10-09-2011, 07:57 PM
I am not sure what to think at this point. It seems like only the second time in the past 11 years I am not thinking about a top 10 pick.

As you will remember we started 5-1 in 08 and then finished 7-9, and the year we finished 9-7 we started 0-5 if I am not mistaken.

Anyway I really thought our pass rush sucked but today we did some good things.

Coverage is still horrible, and we could always use some more linebackers.

OL depth definitely needs to be addressed with at least another interior guy and another OT, but I am not sure a first rounder is required. However, I love the LT from Iowa State Osemele and believe he could be a future all pro RT.

Anyway was wondering what you guys were thinking. WR would also be another option so we could get ride of Martin, and Parrish is a free agent as well.

Forward_Lateral
10-09-2011, 07:58 PM
The team that started 5-1 in 08 would get beaten by 30 by this team.

Bangarang
10-09-2011, 08:00 PM
I'd imagine an OL pick or 2. A couple of rush LBs and ILB. A couple of CBs (oh the horror). Maybe another TE.

DesertFox24
10-09-2011, 08:00 PM
The team that started 5-1 in 08 would get beaten by 30 by this team.

No doubt considering 4 of the teams we beat we picking in the top 5 of the draft that year.

Mad Bomber
10-09-2011, 08:01 PM
The pass rush was not that bad. We had a lot of pressure, despite near constant holds.

DesertFox24
10-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Well after two drafts we have a good idea of what type of players Nix is looking for.

He wants bigger LBs that are over 250.

He likes corners that are tall 5'11 min height

He likes big tall OL

He likes DL that are 6'3 and over 300

Wr he wants guys over 6'0 and can block

And Cam Newton seems to be the type of QB he thinks is a ten year franchise QB, so look for a QB that can move, has a cannon for an arm, and above 60% completion.

I am so glad we are finally a bigger team and more physical.

psubills62
10-09-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm going to say with a lot of confidence that at least one DB will be drafted high. A lot of people won't like it.

Skooby
10-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Right now the road to the SB goes through Buffalo:

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=conf&season=2011-REG&split=Overall

Oaf
10-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Moats was great!

DraftBoy
10-09-2011, 09:39 PM
You're looking at:
OT
OLB
CB
WR

As your top four positions of need without a doubt. You likely add a S, some interior lineman on both the OL and DL, along with a developmental QB.

Romes
10-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Sadly... despite the Dick years of drafting 5 CBs a year... we still don't have the talent back there we should have.

cgbm
10-10-2011, 12:06 AM
I dont know why were talking about draft.

Especially since were gonna have the 32nd pick. Waste!

And might i remind you all that we lead the league in int's. So oir secondary cant be that bad.....

B-DON
10-10-2011, 03:16 AM
Sadly... despite the Dick years of drafting 5 CBs a year... we still don't have the talent back there we should have.
Haha I was thinking the same exact thing. Where the he'll did they all go?

X-Era
10-10-2011, 06:01 AM
I am not sure what to think at this point. It seems like only the second time in the past 11 years I am not thinking about a top 10 pick.

As you will remember we started 5-1 in 08 and then finished 7-9, and the year we finished 9-7 we started 0-5 if I am not mistaken.

Anyway I really thought our pass rush sucked but today we did some good things.

Coverage is still horrible, and we could always use some more linebackers.

OL depth definitely needs to be addressed with at least another interior guy and another OT, but I am not sure a first rounder is required. However, I love the LT from Iowa State Osemele and believe he could be a future all pro RT.

Anyway was wondering what you guys were thinking. WR would also be another option so we could get ride of Martin, and Parrish is a free agent as well.With our 1st few picks I think we will see a CB, OT, and OLB possibly WR. Then in the mid rounds we will see a WR if we didn't already take one, C/G, S, and ILB.

X-Era
10-10-2011, 06:03 AM
I dont know why were talking about draft.

Especially since were gonna have the 32nd pick. Waste!

And might i remind you all that we lead the league in int's. So oir secondary cant be that bad.....
315 yards passing given up in this game says something different.

Romes
10-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Haha I was thinking the same exact thing. Where the he'll did they all go?

Haha...I miss Jabari Greer thats all, though.

BidsJr
10-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Ryan Tannehill in the second round is who I want to see.

better days
10-10-2011, 08:41 AM
With our 1st few picks I think we will see a CB, OT, and OLB possibly WR. Then in the mid rounds we will see a WR if we didn't already take one, C/G, S, and ILB.

I seriously doubt the Bills take a WR in the 1st rnd. They seem to do very well with late rnd, undrafted WR's.

DesertFox24
10-10-2011, 09:02 AM
With our 1st few picks I think we will see a CB, OT, and OLB possibly WR. Then in the mid rounds we will see a WR if we didn't already take one, C/G, S, and ILB.

I am starting to think WR or CB will be the top pick.

This is not a great year for pass rushers so we might have to wait for OLB another year.

clumping platelets
10-10-2011, 10:23 AM
You're looking at:
OT
OLB
CB
WR

As your top four positions of need without a doubt. You likely add a S, some interior lineman on both the OL and DL, along with a developmental QB.

Speedy OLB that can cover backs out of the backfield. Shutdown CB and another 3-4 DE that would be a starter and allow Edwards to rotate to spot duty. Maybe go get a "Wes Welker" type of WR and depth on the OL.

methos4ever
10-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Speedy OLB that can cover backs out of the backfield. Shutdown CB and another 3-4 DE that would be a starter and allow Edwards to rotate to spot duty. Maybe go get a "Wes Welker" type of WR and depth on the OL.
For the backs, I'd like a mobile ILB (hello Burfict!) than can also play OLB in pass rush.

Otherwise,
Next year's draft should be all about OLB, CB, WR and depth at OL. If they can get a guy behind Fitz, great but don't sacrifice the current team for the future one. Unless of course it's RGIII :air:

Night Train
10-10-2011, 10:30 AM
1 top QB & 2 CB's are a must this year. McGee is broken glass and McToast may burn his bridge with the coaches.

I like Fitz but you don't let a strong armed blue chip QB pass in this rare deep class, unless you actually have confidence in Thigpen.

clumping platelets
10-10-2011, 10:33 AM
I'm not impressed by Urbik............more competition at G

X-Era
10-10-2011, 11:21 AM
I seriously doubt the Bills take a WR in the 1st rnd. They seem to do very well with late rnd, undrafted WR's.
I think it's more possible than that.

But I think a shorter, quick, play maker who could return punts like Marquis Maze with a 2nd or 3rd day pick may be more likely.

Ryan Broyles is a guy that intrigues me for us. I think he has the right type of ability to offset the loss of Parrish. Probably would take a 2nd or 3rd to get him.

X-Era
10-10-2011, 11:24 AM
I am starting to think WR or CB will be the top pick.

This is not a great year for pass rushers so we might have to wait for OLB another year.
WR looks pretty deep in the first few rounds. My favorite is Blackmon but I think he will go top 15 maybe even 10.

Not that much of a fan of Alshon Jeffery. I like Childs, Floyd, Jones, and really like Fuller and Broyles. Also a fan of Marquise Maze later as I said before.

BidsJr
04-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Ryan Tannehill in the second round is who I want to see.

Just wanted to point this out. Was waaaaaaayy ahead of the pundits on this one.

If Buddy and Chan think this guy is legit, he won't make it past 10.