• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Max
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
    • Mar 2003

The NFL is wide open...

As I've been watching games throughout these first few weeks, one thing has stood out, that being the lack of any dominant teams. There are none, zero.

We all know the old NFL adage of "any given Sunday", well that's never been more true IMO than this season.

The Panthers have been >.< close every single week to winning and could easily have 1-2 more wins, the Seahawks beat the heavily favored Giants, the Chiefs have wins, the Steelers look old, the Jests Defense is human again, the lowly Dolphags were close to winning a couple of games, and so on throughout the league.

There is no team in the league right now that I feel we couldn't beat. And we have a defense that is pretty bad (bottom 5).

My point? With one more decent draft and 2-3 top tier FA pickups next off season, we're going to become true contenders.

We certainly have work to do, but I'm starting to believe, why not us next season?
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Re: The NFL is wide open...

this season isn't over...

Comment

• B-DON
      hi
      • Mar 2004

Lol, why next season? We still have 12 weeks left this year. Anything can happen

Comment

• cocamide
        • Oct 2006

I know we beat them, but the Patsies looked very good today. Their defense started to play and they established a run game. As much as I hate to say it, they are the team to beat in the NFL right now.

Comment

• Mad Max
          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
          this season isn't over...
          hahaha...I like your confidence.

Maybe I'm holding onto the last vestige of "realist" in me but I still think we're a fringe playoff team this season. And our D isn't good enough to do anything great long term as far as this season is concerned, IMO.

Comment

• Mad Max
            Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by B-DON
            Lol, why next season? We still have 12 weeks left this year. Anything can happen
            LOL, you think we can win the Super Bowl this season?

Comment

• B-DON
              hi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mad Max
              Yes and no. Any team can win on sunday and this year that is more true than ever, but with that being said this is still the Buffalo Bills

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by cocamide
                I know we beat them, but the Patsies looked very good today. Their defense started to play and they established a run game. As much as I hate to say it, they are the team to beat in the NFL right now.
                The Jets offense is terrible, so using them as a guage of any defense will get you a false reading. Jets offense today, run ball / pass in the middle. You don't need to be a Rhodes scholar to figure it out, nor a genius.

Parity indeed.

Comment

• Mad Max
                  Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by B-DON
                  Yes and no. Any team can win on sunday and this year that is more true than ever, but with that being said this is still the Buffalo Bills
                  Right, I'll take that as a no. We've got a foundation to build on, but to think they are ready now to compete for a Super Bowl win (or even to get there) this season is highly optimistic to say the least.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

I didn't think we'd be 4-1, many of us wouldn't of dreamt that. We lost to the one team I had pegged as a win & beat all the teams I had pegged as losses.

If you think anything is staying the same this season besides GB looking good, you might be watching something else. Detroit is 4-0, that in itself is telling you change abounds. Let's see how it goes before we make questions that none of us can answer today, it makes it better now.

Comment

• Mad Max
                      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
                      I didn't think we'd be 4-1, many of us wouldn't of dreamt that. We lost to the one team I had pegged as a win & beat all the teams I had pegged as losses.

If you think anything is staying the same this season besides GB looking good, you might be watching something else. Detroit is 4-0, that in itself is telling you change abounds. Let's see how it goes before we make questions that none of us can answer today, it makes it better now.
                      You watching SNF?

Everything is sketchy, everywhere. But our Defense is very bad. Ultimately it will be our downfall this year. We are happy to be 4-1... but we had the ball bounce our way a few times to get there. The bounce may not be as friendly all season.

Believe me, I would LOVE to be wrong. And will pay heavy to go watch the Bills if they make it to the Show. I just don't think it can happen this year.
                      Last edited by Mad Max; 10-09-2011, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

You watching SNF?

Everything is sketchy, everywhere. But our Defense is very bad. Ultimately it will be our downfall this year. We are happy to be 4-1... but we had the ball bounce our way a few times to get there. The bounce may not be as friendly all season.

Believe me, I would LOVE to be wrong. And will pay heavy to go watch the Bills if they make it to the Show. I just don't think it can happen this year.
                        I haven't watched one minute of yet but I have seen that GB is losing. They're undefeated & have scored about the same as many points as us, so I'm just using up until this game as a judge.

I'm not saying that the Bills can win the Superbowl, I'm just saying that everything I thought would happen for the Bills this season went the opposite. If this pattern holds up, who knows what might happen.

Remember that you have to be good to be lucky & lucky to be good, I'm not counting on all these INT being an accident.

Comment

• B-DON
                          hi
                          • Mar 2004

Right, I'll take that as a no. We've got a foundation to build on, but to think they are ready now to compete for a Super Bowl win (or even to get there) this season is highly optimistic to say the least.
                          To say we can't beat any team in this league would be a false statement therefore we have to be considered superbowl contenders along with 15 other teams. Now, do I see us winning the superbowl? No. But for you to already be looking forward to next year is just plain silly

Comment

• imbondz
                            Democrats are people too
                            • Jan 2003

4-1 and looking to next season, ummmm no.
                            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• B-DON
                              hi
                              • Mar 2004

You watching SNF?

IIRC, saints D was pretty damn similar to our d this year and they won a superbowl

Comment

Working...
                              X