PDA

View Full Version : Money ball

northernbillfan
10-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Are the Bills using this formula for this roster?

Just throwing that idea out there for discussion. It seems like this band of underachievers was cast off by the rest of the league over the past couple of years and Uffalo has monopolized on their low value.

northernbillfan
10-09-2011, 09:45 PM
I guess not eh.

Skooby
10-09-2011, 09:49 PM
I see the comparison & actually see the team focusing on the highest probability for success. One question, who's playing Brad Pitt?

One more question, if your avatar is shadowy / why is he smiling for this picture?

rcd333
10-09-2011, 09:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqHizJHhMLk&feature=feedu

Mad Max
10-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Are the Bills using this formula for this roster?

Just throwing that idea out there for discussion. It seems like this band of underachievers was cast off by the rest of the league over the past couple of years and Uffalo has monopolized on their low value.

I doubt Nix could keep up with any of Billy Beane's methodology...but you never know lol.

Syderick
10-09-2011, 09:54 PM
I don't think that formula works as well in other sports

Mike
10-09-2011, 10:25 PM
It's unnecessary in the NFL. There are salary cap & floor, all teams can spend equal $$$ on talent. It's not like the Athletics & their $40mil vs NY Yankees & their $200mil payroll

northernbillfan
10-10-2011, 12:37 AM
It's unnecessary in the NFL. There are salary cap & floor, all teams can spend equal $$$ on talent. It's not like the Athletics & their $40mil vs NY Yankees & their $200mil payrollI didn't say it was necessary in the NFL. I was drawing a comparison on undervalued players. Considering the money ball formula is drawn upon on base percentage, it's apples and oranges, but eerily similar.

We already know there is parity in the league and every team should be on a level playing field, but Buffalo is built around cast offs and other players that teams didn't want.

Skooby
10-10-2011, 06:20 AM
I didn't say it was necessary in the NFL. I was drawing a comparison on undervalued players. Considering the money ball formula is drawn upon on base percentage, it's apples and oranges, but eerily similar.

We already know there is parity in the league and every team should be on a level playing field, but Buffalo is built around cast offs and other players that teams didn't want.

We're getting the most out of them, that's good coaching plain & simple.