PDA

View Full Version : the good, the bad, & the ugly

Mike
10-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Thank the gods for that win. It took a 21pt lead, an awful performance from Vick and Co., and 5 turnovers! But hey, the Bills are 4-1 and thats what counts. Now hopefully can become an even better team

The Good
bills won and we officially have a superstar on this roster: Fred Jackson. No matter the opponent he brings it, definitely one of the best RBs in the NFL. The unsung heroes so far are the O-Line only having given up 3 sacks this season! This O will go as they go, and they have only been taken to the woodshed once, thus 4-1. And, yes 5 turnovers sealed the win.

The Bad
I'm seeing a trend developing. This offense is being outgunned all most every week now (eagles, pats, bangles, etc) and that's not a good sign folks. Fitz is having a hard time getting over 200yrds! Not good folks! Today's win was result of 5 turnovers, FIVE & we only won by a TD.

The Ugly
Giving up huge leads equals no championship. Just ask the Phoenix Suns, they ran up and down the court, built big leads only to watch them slip away in the 4th quarter. Often they came from behind as well, however never won big when it counted most, in the playoffs. Hopefully we get there, but the rest should sound familiar and that's no receipt to win.

Overall good win, we should win next week vs Giants... Here s to a playoff run

Prov401
10-09-2011, 09:33 PM
We hardly got 'out-gunned' by the Pats.

It's clear that today's game-plan was run Freddy run, as the Eagles secondary is the highest paid for a reason. And Fitz was efficient enough today for the game plan that we put in play.

I'm way more worried about our D than our O.

Skooby
10-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Getting a huge lead is a good sign that the Bills are getting better, that hasn't happened in many years now. I'd enjoy it & watch the team learn how to build on them.

Mike
10-09-2011, 09:50 PM
It's clear that today's game-plan was run Freddy run, as the Eagles secondary is the highest paid for a reason. And Fitz was efficient enough today for the game plan that we put in play.

That was the gameplan & run Freddy & short passing attack, executed very well & lead to a win. Bills O has been great at scoring but average in terms of yards. Today the offense scored 24pts, were handed another TD & great field position from 5 turnovers.

It took us 9 turnovers & 2 defensive TD to beat the Eagles & Pats by a combined 6points!

Romes
10-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Teams are more talented than the Bills. This is has to be the way we will win games. Causing turnovers and making fewer mistakes. I'd like to see the Bills take more shots down field though, 84 screens in a row was getting boring to watch.

trapezeus
10-09-2011, 09:57 PM
i think the bills wanted matchup with the linebackers and didn't care to test the secondary as much. hence why it was very dink and dun.

Mike
10-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Teams are more talented than the Bills. This is has to be the way we will win games. Causing turnovers and making fewer mistakes. I'd like to see the Bills take more shots down field though, 84 screens in a row was getting boring to watch.

You know your right. I guess I'm greedy, I just want more!

Mad Max
10-09-2011, 10:05 PM
i think the bills wanted matchup with the linebackers and didn't care to test the secondary as much. hence why it was very dink and dun.

Sounds right. I would like to see some shots downfield regardless though. Doesn't really matter if they end up in completions or not. It's necessary to keep the D honest.

MikeInRoch
10-09-2011, 10:07 PM

I'm not sure I ever find a win "boring".

Romes
10-09-2011, 10:12 PM
I'm not sure I ever find a win "boring".

The game was far from boring but the offence was getting predictable and unimaginative at 1 point. In the end it worked but at the time I was getting frustrated with it.

Mad Max
10-09-2011, 10:17 PM
The game was far from boring but the offence was getting predictable and unimaginative at 1 point. In the end it worked but at the time I was getting frustrated with it.

Your point is a valid one. Our D is not good enough that we should EVER put it in 6th and cruise.

The O is the strength of this team right now, so ride that horse. Keep trying to score, keep scoring.

BillsOwnAll
10-09-2011, 11:38 PM
How can you say "it took 5 turnovers to beat the eagles!, It took 4 INTs from brady to beat them"... Are the Bills not forcing these turnovers? Is it "terrible play" from brady and vick? I dont have the stats not feel like looking it up but i gurantee you that EVERY super bowl winner has had a positve take/giveaway ratio. Thats how games are won and lost.

Oaf
10-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Haha, now this is grasping for something to complain about. :up: