PDA

View Full Version : Jairus Byrd one of the best young safeties in the league?

BillsWin
10-09-2011, 09:36 PM
I am starting to believe that Byrd's overall play and tackling ability is among the best in the league at his position. If he can get back to his ball hawking ways he may be considered even better.

I'm a big fan of the style of football this young safety is playing.

ZacGriffi~82
10-09-2011, 09:47 PM
heh, i just my thoughts about Byrd in the thread about Wilson. His tackling ability is top flight. There's so many plays he stops before they get started; plays that would have been broken against us in years past. He doesn't whiff ever. He plays like a 10 year veteran.

TigerJ
10-09-2011, 09:48 PM
I agree. He plays smart and aggressive. He has ample talent. He might not be the fastest free safety in the league, but he has enough speed to handle the position with no problem. He's also a solid tackler. Honestly, I don't care where the interceptions come as long as the Bills keep making them in bunches. I think Byrd will get his share over time.

BILLSROCK1212
10-09-2011, 10:48 PM
what people seem to ignore is how QBs shy away from throwing the ball in Byrd's direction...his rookie campaign was no fluke, he is a stud...now he's proving to be a stud in more than just the passing game

kelly2reed4six
10-09-2011, 10:57 PM
I am starting to believe that Byrd's overall play and tackling ability is among the best in the league at his position. If he can get back to his ball hawking ways he may be considered even better.

I'm a big fan of the style of football this young safety is playing.

If it weren't for Byrd, McCoy would have taken that long run for a TD. Byrd laid him out and nearly forced another fumble on him! The best is yet to come with him!

Crisis
10-09-2011, 11:22 PM
It's amazing how much his tackling has improved since his rookie year.

BillsOwnAll
10-09-2011, 11:44 PM
CBs and Safteys are judged way to much by there interception stats. Like billsrock said, If they wont throw it at you, you cant intercept it. Look at Revis. Most saftey INTs and tips and bounces and some of that is luck/having a nack of being in the right place. But its nice seeing a solid tacklet we can count on back there.

Beebe's Kid
10-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Dude, he doesn't have any INT'S!!!!

It doesn't matter that he couldn't tackle his rookie year, he had picks! If you look on the back of his football card you don't see a stat for impact.