• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

BBD: The Morning After-Bills v. Eagles

Well we’ve had the comeback, we’ve had the dominating victory, so we suppose it was time have the heart attack win where we barely hold on. This was a tale of two halves, in the first half the Bills were dominant. They forced the issue both offensively and defensively and controlled the line of scrimmage.

In the second half we went into a shell offensively during a good chunk of the thrid quarter, our defense stopped blitzing and we were bleeding away points at every turn. Thankfully we held on for the victory and the bounces are still going our way.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Mad Bomber
    • Jul 2002

Re: BBD: The Morning After-Bills v. Eagles

Good read.

Comment

• mysticsoto
      Too sober for this...
      • Apr 2004

I'd give Hairston a little more credit. For a rookie, drafted that late in the game to come in and play Left Tackle like he did was superb. His run blocking was great!!! Yeah, there are things he can work on. But still outstanding for his 1st performance.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
        I'd give Hairston a little more credit. For a rookie, drafted that late in the game to come in and play Left Tackle like he did was superb. His run blocking was great!!! Yeah, there are things he can work on. But still outstanding for his 1st performance.
        What did I short him credit on? There is no denying they schemed around very shot and very quick passing options because they had a rookie at LT. He got beat by Tapp's speed rush on multiple occasions though it rarely mattered because Fitz had already gotten rid of the ball.

The sack that he allowed wasn't really his fault and his run blocking was very good just as advertised.

Plenty to draw from, plenty to work on. A good game, what more do you want me to say other than going over board and drooling about a guy we had to scheme around for our own protection?

The coaching staff did exactly what it was supposed to do. They drew up a game plan that was almost all three step drops because they didnt think Hairston could handle Tapp on a 5 or 7 step drop. They were pretty dead on about that, correct?
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• cookie G
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          What did I short him credit on? There is no denying they schemed around very shot and very quick passing options because they had a rookie at LT. He got beat by Tapp's speed rush on multiple occasions though it rarely mattered because Fitz had already gotten rid of the ball.

The sack that he allowed wasn't really his fault and his run blocking was very good just as advertised.

Plenty to draw from, plenty to work on. A good game, what more do you want me to say other than going over board and drooling about a guy we had to scheme around for our own protection?

The coaching staff did exactly what it was supposed to do. They drew up a game plan that was almost all three step drops because they didnt think Hairston could handle Tapp on a 5 or 7 step drop. They were pretty dead on about that, correct?
          They've scheming around things all year, well before yesterday.

Fitz rarely holds the ball more than 2 seconds, because they aren't a line that is going to provide 4 or more seconds or for him to go into 7 step drops.

It wasn't done just for Hairston.

And it is working.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by cookie G
            They've scheming around things all year, well before yesterday.

Fitz rarely holds the ball more than 2 seconds, because they aren't a line that is going to provide 4 or more seconds or for him to go into 7 step drops.

It wasn't done just for Hairston.

And it is working.
            Disagree, when you watch the other games we ran deeper routes, we ran into the intermediate zone more, yesterday we did very little of that.

He was almost exclusively in 3 step drops, which has been his predominant drop but not anywhere near as much as yesterday.

Before Bell went down we had more flexibility in our passing game which is why it struggled some in the 2nd half yesterday.

As Hairston gets more comfortable and they trust him more they'll bring in deeper drops. Until that point they won't.

We will always be a quick hitting team, but yesterday near exclusivity on that was something we hadn't seen before. It was effective for a while, but when PHI loaded the box we had trouble getting through the traffic.

Hence my comment under Fitz about how much freedom (if any) does he have to check out of plays or go to his hot read. I was reading the defense on my TV and knew it was time to check out of what we were running. He didn't do that, but Im not sure if that's on him or Gailey.
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

DB you really need to have an editor to proof-read your grammar.

I'm on Nick Barnett and already found 4 errors.

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Also saw guys chipping Hairston's man to help him out. I personally hope Bell will be back soon. Hairston was good, but we're facing some good pass rushers in our next few opponents.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                  DB you really need to have an editor to proof-read your grammar.

I'm on Nick Barnett and already found 4 errors.
                  If the site had the budget Id happily hire one. However not many editors work for free or take in the volume we produce for cheap.

Im well aware I have horrible grammar, I actually dont like writing this stuff at all. Its not what Im good at, that's why Im looking for writers to take over the Bills stuff. Have a few who are interested already.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

what worries me is that our deep ball game is starting to disappear . With jones sidelined looks like we're worse in that area.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      what worries me is that our deep ball game is starting to disappear . With jones sidelined looks like we're worse in that area.
                      Agreed though I do think that we had a lack of opportunity due to our game plan adjustments.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

We didn't do it this game because of their big name CBs.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

All I'm saying is that a 4th round rookie forced to play LT played pretty damn well. The negative things you point out could be said about the other linemen also. It seemed to take away from how well he did.

Comment

• cookie G
                            • Mar 2003

Disagree, when you watch the other games we ran deeper routes, we ran into the intermediate zone more, yesterday we did very little of that.

He was almost exclusively in 3 step drops, which has been his predominant drop but not anywhere near as much as yesterday.

Before Bell went down we had more flexibility in our passing game which is why it struggled some in the 2nd half yesterday.

As Hairston gets more comfortable and they trust him more they'll bring in deeper drops. Until that point they won't.

We will always be a quick hitting team, but yesterday near exclusivity on that was something we hadn't seen before. It was effective for a while, but when PHI loaded the box we had trouble getting through the traffic.

Hence my comment under Fitz about how much freedom (if any) does he have to check out of plays or go to his hot read. I was reading the defense on my TV and knew it was time to check out of what we were running. He didn't do that, but Im not sure if that's on him or Gailey.
                            -show me how many times Fitz has held the ball 3 or more seconds this season. This wasn't due to Hairston, it was due to the line as a whole, or how they want to run their offense, or a combination of both.

-I'm not sure I would have been throwing many deep balls against Samuel and Asomugha (sp.) either. You might do one or two to keep them honest, but I'd rather attack their young, inexperienced linebackers.

-yeah, they're going to have to throw a few more deep balls to keep teams honest, but this wasn't the week for it.

-I'd be really surprised if Fitz didn't have the ability to change plays at the line.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              All I'm saying is that a 4th round rookie forced to play LT played pretty damn well. The negative things you point out could be said about the other linemen also. It seemed to take away from how well he did.
                              Maybe to you, but it was unbias anaylsis of his game, imo. Nothing I said was incorrect in any way. I was fair across the board I thought.

If you disagree than that's fine, and Ill keep it in mind for future games. Im always willing to hear critiques.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X