PDA

View Full Version : Spiller

casdhf
10-10-2011, 08:10 AM
I'm ready to see a little more CJ. I know he only had two carries, but I thought they were both good runs. Lets up those carries a few, Chan.

Bulldog
10-10-2011, 08:13 AM
They have to find a way to get CJ the ball in space. I realize that Freddy is playing at a real high level right now, but Spiller is too dangerous to not be getting him more touches in the offense.

MikeInRoch
10-10-2011, 08:15 AM
No way. Freddie is a better player, by FAR. Give the ball to the guy who will more likely do something good with it.

Philagape
10-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Spiller's running very well this year, but you just can't take the ball away from Freddy at all. If it ain't broke .....

Maximilli
10-10-2011, 08:19 AM
i agree Freddie is our guy it would help his case if he was a good blocker for third down but he sure is fast as hell

better days
10-10-2011, 08:20 AM
I would like to see both Freddie & CJ on the field together. Especially with the WR injuries, I think Spiller should be more involved in the passing game, the guy has much better hands than Martin.

Beebe's Kid
10-10-2011, 09:12 AM
No way. Freddie is a better player, by FAR. Give the ball to the guy who will more likely do something good with it.

Yeah!! Don't you guys know they are both RB's, so you choose one or the other, there is no other way.

Spiller is impressive, and he is ready to play at this level. Our current WR situation is getting ridiculous. I keep hoping that he'll get in to play a little WR. Ahhhh...what am I talking about? Freddy is better by "FAR," you shouldn't give anybody else the ball, because, you know, he'll "do something good with it."

ddaryl
10-10-2011, 09:16 AM
There has to be reasons why they don't put him on the field as much and that probably means his route running, blocking and other intangibles are not where they need to be to dictate more time on the field

madness
10-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Whether fans realize it or not, this is the ideal situation for any coach/team. It's not just QB's who play better when they get the opportunity to sit and learn for a few years in a good system behind a very good starter...

Jan Reimers
10-10-2011, 09:42 AM
They have to find a way to get CJ the ball in space. I realize that Freddy is playing at a real high level right now, but Spiller is too dangerous to not be getting him more touches in the offense.
I was thinking the same thing. It's amazing that Chan, with the multiple receiver sets, the Wildcat, and the other innovative things he runs, and has run in the past, can't find a few more touches for Spiller.

psubills62
10-10-2011, 09:42 AM
I'd like to see Spiller get the ball a little more too, as he's been impressive, IMO, with his limited touches. Running much better this year.

But at the same time, Fred is doing so well that it's hard to take the ball out of his hands when you're running it. Like Gailey said, there's only one ball.

justasportsfan
10-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Stick Spiller in there instead of Ruvell Martin.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-10-2011, 09:48 AM
There has to be reasons why they don't put him on the field as much and that probably means his route running, blocking and other intangibles are not where they need to be to dictate more time on the field

He's getting better. Did you see the Nelson TD pass yesterday? Guess who was the running back picking up the linebacker coming from the edge? Actually he stopped him cold and then went up turning back looking for the ball when he saw noone is covering him.

And he said himself that this year he wants to be more of a north south runner and it showed.

I understand why Gailey said that Spiller is the odd man out. You just cannot take Jackson out of the offense right now. But I'm just little worried about Jackson, being 30 year old, taking the kind of work load he is taking right now. My bet is that Spiller will have his chance later in the season.

My main concern with Donald Jones out is that we suddenly have absolutely no deep threat at all. Spiller has the speed, but he cannot fight off corner jamming on the outside. We now pretty much have guys who can run slantsreceiver screens, etc. The defense is going to catch on very quickly.

Mahdi
10-10-2011, 09:49 AM
The problem is that all our games have been close except for KC. Jackson's experience shines through when its tight so you can't put CJ on the field when the game is on the line.

We need to get a lead and keep it by running the football because when the weather turns we're not going to be able to pass quite as well.

We should get leads as we are and then start pounding the ball with FJ and CJ.

Ed
10-10-2011, 09:55 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Freddie is doing awesome, but why not preserve him a little by giving Spiller a few more touches? Fans are calling Spiller a bust, but he's averaging 7.1 ypc right now. So it's not like he's struggling with the carries he's had, he's just not getting any.

Ed
10-10-2011, 09:57 AM
The problem is that all our games have been close except for KC. Jackson's experience shines through when its tight so you can't put CJ on the field when the game is on the line.

We need to get a lead and keep it by running the football because when the weather turns we're not going to be able to pass quite as well.

We should get leads as we are and then start pounding the ball with FJ and CJ.
But we had a big lead yesterday against a team that struggles to stop the run and CJ still didn't get any carries.

Night Train
10-10-2011, 10:40 AM
He should be getting the Roscoe plays in the slot ( short slants, swing passes in space. )

ddaryl
10-10-2011, 10:49 AM
He's getting better. Did you see the Nelson TD pass yesterday? Guess who was the running back picking up the linebacker coming from the edge? Actually he stopped him cold and then went up turning back looking for the ball when he saw noone is covering him.

And he said himself that this year he wants to be more of a north south runner and it showed.

I understand why Gailey said that Spiller is the odd man out. You just cannot take Jackson out of the offense right now. But I'm just little worried about Jackson, being 30 year old, taking the kind of work load he is taking right now. My bet is that Spiller will have his chance later in the season.

My main concern with Donald Jones out is that we suddenly have absolutely no deep threat at all. Spiller has the speed, but he cannot fight off corner jamming on the outside. We now pretty much have guys who can run slantsreceiver screens, etc. The defense is going to catch on very quickly.

I agree he is getting better, and Freddy is playing to damn good to not be on the field...

I too would like to see him be on the field more often... but I have to figure there are solid reasons why he has not... However the injury to Jones should offer an opportunity for him