PDA

View Full Version : Eli Manning

ghz in pittsburgh
10-10-2011, 08:48 AM
Unlike his brother, this dude tends to throw it out there and be NOT very accurate at the same time when facing pressure.

Gotta keep our secondary's hands hot.

The key is to get pressure on him. I have not watched the Giants at all this year other than last couple of minutes yesterday. So my question is 1) is Giants O-Line good enough to stop our D-Line? 2) more importantly, can we stop their running attack? If we don't do that, everthing is going out of the window.

better days
10-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Unlike his brother, this dude tends to throw it out there and be NOT very accurate at the same time when facing pressure.

Gotta keep our secondary's hands hot.

The key is to get pressure on him. I have not watched the Giants at all this year other than last couple of minutes yesterday. So my question is 1) is Giants O-Line good enough to stop our D-Line? 2) more importantly, can we stop their running attack? If we don't do that, everthing is going out of the window.

I really don't think Eli is any better than Fitz. He is just as erratic. And the Giants better be worried about the Bills running game.

Bangarang
10-10-2011, 09:05 AM
Edwards (and/or Wanny) need to dial up the pressure for more than just 2 quarters. You've seen that you can get pressure and force the QB to make mistakes by sending more than 4 guys. Not sure why they stopped blitzing after halftime but they need to rattle Eli for 60 minutes.

Pinkerton Security
10-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Eli is notorious for NOT stepping up in the pocket under pressure, instead he back-pedals and throws off his back foot. Its because he is a huge pussy and reacts to missed opportunities like hes 5. I hate him, if you havent guessed that yet.

If we can get enough pressure he will make mistakes and we will capitalize. Their O-line isnt playing real well right now, and Ahmad Bradshaw is a good back if given good running lanes, however he isnt being afforded that right now.

Anyone know if Jacobs is expected to be back this Sunday against us?

ddaryl
10-10-2011, 09:11 AM
this is a very winnable game for the Bills.... Just have to tighten up that D

psubills62
10-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Eli Manning is pretty inaccurate. He has some good games, but also some really bad games.

I believe the Giants' starting center just got injured. Would be a good time to bring some pressure up the middle. Will be interesting to see how we defend this team.

I'd like to note that the Giants are averaging 3.2 YPA running the ball. That is absolutely putrid. We should have a decent chance in this game if we can make them one dimensional.

Zero
10-10-2011, 10:27 AM
this is a very winnable game for the Bills.... Just have to tighten up that D

A win here would would give us a huge boost as we would be -1 heading into the bye and then we'll be home for 2 conseutive home games.

sdbillsfan2
10-10-2011, 11:50 AM
I'd like to note that the Giants are averaging 3.2 YPA running the ball. That is absolutely putrid. We should have a decent chance in this game if we can make them one dimensional.

agreed ! Especially if we grab an early lead.

Mad Bomber
10-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Eli Manning is pretty inaccurate. He has some good games, but also some really bad games.

I believe the Giants' starting center just got injured. Would be a good time to bring some pressure up the middle. Will be interesting to see how we defend this team.

Their RG Chris Snee left the game with a concussion and spent the night in a hospital. Doesn't seem like he'll be playing next week.

better days
10-10-2011, 12:12 PM
A win here would would give us a huge boost as we would be -1 heading into the bye and then we'll be home for 2 conseutive home games.

Not really, the Washington game is in Toronto. Lets hope with the success the Bills have had, this will look more like a home game than it has in the past in TO.

HAMMER
10-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Not really, the Washington game is in Toronto. Lets hope with the success the Bills have had, this will look more like a home game than it has in the past in TO.
It wont look anything like a home game, not even close.