PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting tired of this

Mr. Miyagi
10-10-2011, 09:00 AM
Week in and week out, after we beat a team, all we hear in the media is about how badly the other team played, and what's wrong with them, and how they blew the game.

We beat the Chiefs, it's about how they are so terrible and Haley is on the hot seat.

We beat the Raiders, it's about how they didn't jell and let us come back in the 2nd half.

We beat the Pats, it's about how Brady screwed up and threw 4 INTs.

We beat the DREAM TEAM, it's about how Vick is not 100% and threw INTs and things are snowballing on them.

No, I don't want "respect", or lots of media attention. I just want a little bit of credit for the team. Maybe we just outplayed them, Gailey outcoached them, and we just wanted it more. Maybe we're actually much better than people think.

KEEP WINNING BILLS AND SHUT UP THE WORLD.

mikemac2001
10-10-2011, 09:01 AM
only thing that matters is

Bills beat so in so

ddaryl
10-10-2011, 09:03 AM
who cares.... I don't care what the media says.. In fact I want them to continue doing exactly what they are doing even if we win the SB 47 times in a row.

I do not need nor crave any media love and prefer the laughable BS they spew.

mayotm
10-10-2011, 09:12 AM
I hope the media and league continue underestimating the Bills. Doesn't bother me one bit.

imbondz
10-10-2011, 09:29 AM
I'm insecure, I love the media love. the more we win, the more media attention we get, we went from the headline of the NFL after beating the Pats, to hardly any attention after losing to the Bengals. Now, we're getting attention again, mainly cuz Vick is so high profile.

No team would take us lightly now, especially now that we're 3-0 at home. the more media attention we get, means we're winning.

Joe Fo Sho
10-10-2011, 09:32 AM
The week after we beat the Patriots we probably got more media attention than we've had in a looooong time. Then we lost to the Bengals..

psubills62
10-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Dungy gave them credit, he seemed to love how they won.

It's true, though, we're not going to get credit until we do it for an entire season. Look at what happened after the Cincy loss - nobody talked about us at all. We went from 3-0 and media blitz to 3-1 and absolute silence. Now we won again and people are talking about us (kind of).

As Eric Wood said, "Keep picking us to lose. We like it."

better days
10-10-2011, 09:42 AM
I'm insecure, I love the media love. the more we win, the more media attention we get, we went from the headline of the NFL after beating the Pats, to hardly any attention after losing to the Bengals. Now, we're getting attention again, mainly cuz Vick is so high profile.

No team would take us lightly now, especially now that we're 3-0 at home. the more media attention we get, means we're winning.

I just want the attention because I am sick & tired of hearing talk of the Cowboys, Pats*, Giants, Eagles, & Packers all the time on TV & radio.

It is nice to hear the Bills in the discussion & nice to see people like John Clayton have to eat crow.

justasportsfan
10-10-2011, 09:57 AM
we can keep beating crappy teams all the way to the playoffs for all I care.

Skooby
10-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Maybe it's part of the master plan, fly under the radar as long as possible.

Ed
10-10-2011, 10:03 AM
I heard the Bills get praise yesterday, but the fact is that the Eagles struggling is just a bigger story, so people are going to focus on them more and discuss what's wrong with them. As a media person there's just more there to critique and talk about.

The Pats beat the Jets and are 4-1, but all the media wants to talk about is how the Jets lost again and our 2-3 and what's going to happen.

acehole
10-10-2011, 10:05 AM
Not only that we have to hear announcers root and give advise on how to beat the Bills when they are ahead.

Week in and week out, after we beat a team, all we hear in the media is about how badly the other team played, and what's wrong with them, and how they blew the game.

We beat the Chiefs, it's about how they are so terrible and Haley is on the hot seat.

We beat the Raiders, it's about how they didn't jell and let us come back in the 2nd half.

We beat the DREAM TEAM, it's about how Vick is not 100% and threw INTs and things are snowballing on them.

No, I don't want "respect", or lots of media attention. I just want a little bit of credit for the team. Maybe we just outplayed them, Gailey outcoached them, and we just wanted it more. Maybe we're actually much better than people think.

GreedoII
10-10-2011, 10:11 AM

Who really cares what they say. Just keep winning then they will start to talk more and ease your little insecurities on stupid media coverage.

Zero
10-10-2011, 10:12 AM

The more the media and 'experts' keep underestimating the this team, the more I hope this team continues to play as if they're out to prove everyone wrong. A chip on one's shoulder can be a great motivator.

Night Train
10-10-2011, 10:18 AM
We win games and many here do the same thing, emphasizing the flaws ad nauseum and sometimes not even mentioning the positives.

I notice most of these folks were the 2-14,3-13 crowd that shouted down anyone that predicted 4 wins or more for months on end. Probably the same with the national media, who always favor larger markets anyhow.

imbondz
10-10-2011, 12:40 PM
I also think a lot of football fans in general are cheering for the Bills and Lions. I've never had more positive comments said to me from other teams fans when I wear my Bills hat. Cheesy and weird, but fun.

It sucks that we're in the same conversation as the Lions tho, even if it's because we're winning.

bf1
10-10-2011, 12:41 PM
I also think a lot of football fans in general are cheering for the Bills and Lions. I've never had more positive comments said to me from other teams fans when I wear my Bills hat. Cheesy and weird, but fun.

It sucks that we're in the same conversation as the Lions tho, even if it's because we're winning.

Same here. Even from Jets fans. I can't believe the love I'm getting.

B-DON
10-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Same here. Even from Jets fans. I can't believe the love I'm getting.
Lol I hear that. Ppl are congratulating me like I suit up on Sundays

JoeMama
10-10-2011, 01:11 PM
I don't buy the argument that we're not getting love from the media.

We absolutely are.

And it absolutely means nothing.

psubills62
10-10-2011, 01:42 PM

Because we're beating good teams that people hate. There are tons of people who hate the Patriots (Colts fans, Steelers fans, etc.). There are tons of people who hate the Eagles (mostly NFC East fans and dog lovers). It's just like enjoyed watching the Colts beat the Patriots, I think other teams' fans enjoy seeing us beat these other teams.

X-Era
10-10-2011, 01:43 PM

That's exactly it. Frankly, I don't give a **** what those idiots in the media say. Just Win Baby!

don137
10-10-2011, 02:02 PM
I have no problem getting the lack of respect from the media. After being bad for so long I do not blame them. It takes a while for people to change their opinion of teams. Look at the 49ers. How many people on this board feel they are a great team? They are 4-1 as well and I have to admit I do not feel wowed by them yet. Well I am sure the media looks at the Bills and 49er the same way which is it will take more than 5 games for me to think they are for real.

Mr. Pink
10-10-2011, 02:38 PM
We'll be 5-1 and hear how Eli Manning can't protect the football.

airdog32
10-10-2011, 02:48 PM
WNY is not a location outsiders want to go to! So let it be our gem, let this be our team, It just proves you don't have to blowup the payroll and build a billion dollar stadium to win, we are one of the last loyal fan teams left in the NFL! I for one am happy keeping it that way win or lose!

baalworship
10-10-2011, 05:11 PM
ESPN has been praising the Bills plenty. The reason why we are not getting respect is because no one thought we were any good when the season started and people don't change their minds based on what they have seen this early. Once we are closer to a playoff spot the hype will build.