• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I'm getting tired of this

Week in and week out, after we beat a team, all we hear in the media is about how badly the other team played, and what's wrong with them, and how they blew the game.

We beat the Chiefs, it's about how they are so terrible and Haley is on the hot seat.

We beat the Raiders, it's about how they didn't jell and let us come back in the 2nd half.

We beat the Pats, it's about how Brady screwed up and threw 4 INTs.

We beat the DREAM TEAM, it's about how Vick is not 100% and threw INTs and things are snowballing on them.

No, I don't want "respect", or lots of media attention. I just want a little bit of credit for the team. Maybe we just outplayed them, Gailey outcoached them, and we just wanted it more. Maybe we're actually much better than people think.

KEEP WINNING BILLS AND SHUT UP THE WORLD.
  • mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

Re: I'm getting tired of this

only thing that matters is

Bills beat so in so

MUCK
    FIAMI

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

who cares.... I don't care what the media says.. In fact I want them to continue doing exactly what they are doing even if we win the SB 47 times in a row.

I do not need nor crave any media love and prefer the laughable BS they spew.
      Last edited by ddaryl; 10-10-2011, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• mayotm
        • Jul 2003

I hope the media and league continue underestimating the Bills. Doesn't bother me one bit.

Comment

• imbondz
          Democrats are people too
          • Jan 2003

I'm insecure, I love the media love. the more we win, the more media attention we get, we went from the headline of the NFL after beating the Pats, to hardly any attention after losing to the Bengals. Now, we're getting attention again, mainly cuz Vick is so high profile.

No team would take us lightly now, especially now that we're 3-0 at home. the more media attention we get, means we're winning.
          My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
            Making Spirits Bright
            • Mar 2006

The week after we beat the Patriots we probably got more media attention than we've had in a looooong time. Then we lost to the Bengals..

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

Dungy gave them credit, he seemed to love how they won.

It's true, though, we're not going to get credit until we do it for an entire season. Look at what happened after the Cincy loss - nobody talked about us at all. We went from 3-0 and media blitz to 3-1 and absolute silence. Now we won again and people are talking about us (kind of).

As Eric Wood said, "Keep picking us to lose. We like it."
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by imbondz
                I'm insecure, I love the media love. the more we win, the more media attention we get, we went from the headline of the NFL after beating the Pats, to hardly any attention after losing to the Bengals. Now, we're getting attention again, mainly cuz Vick is so high profile.

No team would take us lightly now, especially now that we're 3-0 at home. the more media attention we get, means we're winning.
                I just want the attention because I am sick & tired of hearing talk of the Cowboys, Pats*, Giants, Eagles, & Packers all the time on TV & radio.

It is nice to hear the Bills in the discussion & nice to see people like John Clayton have to eat crow.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

we can keep beating crappy teams all the way to the playoffs for all I care.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Maybe it's part of the master plan, fly under the radar as long as possible.

Comment

• Ed
                      Dude
                      • Sep 2002

I heard the Bills get praise yesterday, but the fact is that the Eagles struggling is just a bigger story, so people are going to focus on them more and discuss what's wrong with them. As a media person there's just more there to critique and talk about.

The Pats beat the Jets and are 4-1, but all the media wants to talk about is how the Jets lost again and our 2-3 and what's going to happen.

Comment

• acehole
                        • Jan 2006

Not only that we have to hear announcers root and give advise on how to beat the Bills when they are ahead.

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                        Week in and week out, after we beat a team, all we hear in the media is about how badly the other team played, and what's wrong with them, and how they blew the game.

We beat the Chiefs, it's about how they are so terrible and Haley is on the hot seat.

We beat the Raiders, it's about how they didn't jell and let us come back in the 2nd half.

We beat the DREAM TEAM, it's about how Vick is not 100% and threw INTs and things are snowballing on them.

No, I don't want "respect", or lots of media attention. I just want a little bit of credit for the team. Maybe we just outplayed them, Gailey outcoached them, and we just wanted it more. Maybe we're actually much better than people think.

Hated by the stupid..
                        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• GreedoII
                          • Aug 2007

Who really cares what they say. Just keep winning then they will start to talk more and ease your little insecurities on stupid media coverage.

Comment

• Zero
                            Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
                            • Oct 2004

The more the media and 'experts' keep underestimating the this team, the more I hope this team continues to play as if they're out to prove everyone wrong. A chip on one's shoulder can be a great motivator.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

We win games and many here do the same thing, emphasizing the flaws ad nauseum and sometimes not even mentioning the positives.

I notice most of these folks were the 2-14,3-13 crowd that shouted down anyone that predicted 4 wins or more for months on end. Probably the same with the national media, who always favor larger markets anyhow.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X