PDA

View Full Version : What Fitz said in the huddle on that last play

Mr. Miyagi
10-10-2011, 09:04 AM
"OK guys, Chan called this play so we'll have to do it, even though it won't work."

BertSquirtgum
10-10-2011, 09:16 AM
Chan's play calling is very suspect at times.

Mad Bomber
10-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Chan's play calling is very suspect at times.
While this may be true, the play he was referring to was a kneel-down.

Mad Bomber
10-10-2011, 09:19 AM
"OK guys, Chan called this play so we'll have to do it, even though it won't work."
That's pretty funny.

Maximilli
10-10-2011, 09:32 AM
LMAOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!u serious he was talking the kneel down thats funny

BillsWin
10-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Fitz is awesome. I love his little poems before each game too. buffalobills.com should document each one then put it together at the end of the season into a giant compilations of Fitzisms.

BertSquirtgum
10-10-2011, 09:57 AM
While this may be true, the play he was referring to was a kneel-down.

are you certain?

Mad Bomber
10-10-2011, 10:12 AM
are you certain?
Absolutely. The last play of the game was a kneel-down by Fitz.

The last buffalo fan
10-10-2011, 10:20 AM

I'm sure he was making reference to ...................... :spit: never mind!!!

BertSquirtgum
10-10-2011, 10:23 AM
I thought he was talking about the call to go out there on 4th down and try to draw them offsides.

EricStratton
10-10-2011, 10:34 AM
I thought he was talking about the call to go out there on 4th down and try to draw them offsides.

How was that a bad call by Chan?

BertSquirtgum
10-10-2011, 10:57 AM
Fitz said it wouldn't work not that it was bad. My first statement was about his play calling in general.

Mr. Miyagi
10-10-2011, 11:01 AM
I was referring to the 4th and 1 play.

Technicality :rolleyes:

Oaf
10-10-2011, 11:27 AM
I would have liked to think we run the play if they don't jump offsides, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Beebe's Kid
10-10-2011, 01:02 PM
No, this is the kind of thing that some uppity QB says, then he goes out and half-asses the call. Fitzy went out and executed the play. Hard call...they jumped...we win.

It would seem like you were projecting your thoughts onto Fitzy.

We needed less than a yard. The D had to react, and react fast, or else we easily pick up the 1st, and game over.

Either way, it was a good call and great execution, whether you really want to second guess it or not. Second guessing play calling is a ridiculous argument, and it is always made by people that can't win any other argument, because you can't lose. If a play doesn't work, you simply say you would have called something else, and you get the advantage of never having to try executing your call. Instant genius.

BillsFever21
10-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Good thing the guy jumped offsides. The way our defense was giving up yards the Eagles probably would've scored a TD or at the very least put themselves in the position to score and then we would've taken our chances in OT. I couldn't have handled blowing another big lead like we did against the Bengals.

This defense has been bad. Face it we have had many lucky breaks for INT's. We have created a lot on our own too but we have received a handful of gifts that helped contribute to this win and the win against the Patriots.

Our defense can't keep forcing INT's like we have. It's not possible to keep up with that rate whether they are fluke picks or great plays by the defender. Our defense has had trouble stopping people. When we don't get these turnovers then it may get ugly. Our defense just gives up big play after big play and the past couple weeks our offense hasn't been like it was the first few weeks. Even if it was with the way our defense is giving up plays it wouldn't matter.

Face it without the Eagles shooting themselves in the foot time and time again we easily lose that game. We were going to blow a 21 point lead with 22 minutes to go if not for another fluke INT at the end of the game.

Our defense will definitely hold us back this year. We can't put any pressure on the QB with only 5 sacks which is last in the league. Although improved we're still towards the bottom on run defense. As far as pass defense goes we give up big play after big play. Our defense will hold us back from a possible playoff appearance this year.

Philagape
10-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Isn't the phrase "another fluke" an oxymoron?

Oaf
10-13-2011, 12:19 AM
Good thing the guy jumped offsides. The way our defense was giving up yards the Eagles probably would've scored a TD or at the very least put themselves in the position to score and then we would've taken our chances in OT. I couldn't have handled blowing another big lead like we did against the Bengals.

This defense has been bad. Face it we have had many lucky breaks for INT's. We have created a lot on our own too but we have received a handful of gifts that helped contribute to this win and the win against the Patriots.

Our defense can't keep forcing INT's like we have. It's not possible to keep up with that rate whether they are fluke picks or great plays by the defender. Our defense has had trouble stopping people. When we don't get these turnovers then it may get ugly. Our defense just gives up big play after big play and the past couple weeks our offense hasn't been like it was the first few weeks. Even if it was with the way our defense is giving up plays it wouldn't matter.

Face it without the Eagles shooting themselves in the foot time and time again we easily lose that game. We were going to blow a 21 point lead with 22 minutes to go if not for another fluke INT at the end of the game.

Our defense will definitely hold us back this year. We can't put any pressure on the QB with only 5 sacks which is last in the league. Although improved we're still towards the bottom on run defense. As far as pass defense goes we give up big play after big play. Our defense will hold us back from a possible playoff appearance this year.
√ick with 55yds to go is pretty similar to √ick w/ 80yds to go if you ask me. There was a good chance they'd get it in either case. What made me comfortable was worst-case scenario, i mean, worst-case it's a tie ball game.

So since there isn't much diff in terms of scoring probabilities for the Eagles (the way we were giving up yards!) you give 4th & inches a gambler's chance (couldn't be less than ~70%) with an oline and rb that's been mauling a relatively light defense to end the game. If they actually drew the delay of game and punted, I would have been somewhat disappointed.

OpIv37
10-13-2011, 08:45 AM
I don't blame Fitz for thinking it wouldn't work.

Attempting to draw a team offsides almost never work. It's one of those things that teams do all the time that rarely works, but they're worth a shot because it's low-risk, high reward. It's like an onside kick at the end of the game. If the other team recovers- which is the most likely outcome- you're still losing. If your team recovers, then you get another chance to win.

In this situation, the game- and with a 1-4 record looming, perhaps the Eagles' season- was on the line. Plus, it was pretty obvious that the Bills weren't going to risk running a play on that part of the field, so Fitz had every reason to expect that the Eagles would have the discipline to not jump.

That being said, it was still worth the shot because a) if they do jump, the game is over and b) if they don't jump, Buffalo had two timeouts and the lead with about 1:30 left on the clock. Using the timeout- or even taking the 5 yard penalty- wasn't going to hurt their chances of winning.

better days
10-13-2011, 08:52 AM

Worst case senerio was the Bills call time out at the last second & punt the ball. I think it was a SMART play call by Chan.

Bill Cody
10-13-2011, 09:34 AM
Kneel downs almost never work.

They work 100% of the time.

HAMMER
10-13-2011, 09:42 AM

Don't ever argue with Op, he is right 100% of the time.

Bill Cody
10-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Don't ever argue with Op, he is right 100% of the time.

So you're saying I should "kneel down" to him?

OpIv37
10-13-2011, 09:56 AM

Oops, my bad.

Fixed.

OpIv37
10-13-2011, 09:57 AM
So you're saying I should "kneel down" to him?

Please, keep your homosexual fantasies to yourself.

Or maybe try them on S11- you'll have better luck.