PDA

View Full Version : Missing from Buffalo...

acehole
10-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Play Action Pass.

Other plays out of Wildcat besides running up middle.

Blitzing.

Discuss.

or not.

Mad Bomber
10-10-2011, 10:14 AM
The way we were running the ball, we should have used play action to open up intermediate routes, especially in the second half when they were keying in on our underneath routes and screens.

psubills62
10-10-2011, 10:15 AM
I've been looking for the play action as well. We've ran it a few times from what I've seen, but not nearly as much as I expected or hoped. It would seem logical with a ground game that is functioning very well.

And at this point, Wildcat up the middle works pretty well. Brad Smith just needs to not get cute and try to go around the edge with two guys waiting for him.

acehole
10-10-2011, 10:16 AM
The way we were running the ball, we should have used play action to open up intermediate routes, especially in the second half when they were keying in on our underneath routes and screens.

Zactly...I am thinking Chandler for about 40 yards off that play action...

Or Stevie skinny post..

Dont get it.

acehole
10-10-2011, 10:17 AM
I've been looking for the play action as well. We've ran it a few times from what I've seen, but not nearly as much as I expected or hoped. It would seem logical with a ground game that is functioning very well.

And at this point, Wildcat up the middle works pretty well. Brad Smith just needs to not get cute and try to go around the edge with two guys waiting for him.

What about a pass?

Or Flee Flicker?

or quick slant in the area vacated by the Lb's filling the holes to meet Brad?

Sheesh.

Mr. Miyagi
10-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Play Action Pass.

Blitzing.

Discuss.

or not.
I agree with the first two.

Our offense is strong but predictable. Play action pass would be perfect with Freddie running so hot. Or swing pass to Spiller on the outside would work too.

When Brad Smith is in you know he's never gonna pass the ball so if I were opposing safeties I'd come in and stack the box.

Maybe that's the brilliance of our offense, straight forward and simple, we're gonna run at you so why don't you stop us.

BertSquirtgum
10-10-2011, 10:27 AM
I just wish Chan would try something else once in awhile when he can blatantly see that the base calls aren't working.

bf1
10-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Shawn Merriman

GreedoII
10-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Play Action Pass.

Blitzing.

Discuss.

or not.

Blah blah blah. We need perfection!! Show me a team that's perfect. GB? Their D is bottom of the league. they can't run the ball.Their O-line is worse than ours. Quit whining and enjoy the wins and ***** about the losses like all fans do. Sheesh...what a tool.

PromoTheRobot
10-10-2011, 10:42 AM
They blitzed more yesterday than all season. Did you see the game? And they do have a version of play action when Fitz drops back and hands off to Freddy. It's a passing formation and Fitz is dropping back when Jackson gets the ball.

PTR

ddaryl
10-10-2011, 10:44 AM
the wildcat has been quite uninspiring.. Not sure if this is by design for early in the season or not but it definitely hasn't been used to its fullest

acehole
10-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Blah blah blah. We need perfection!! Show me a team that's perfect. GB? Their D is bottom of the league. they can't run the ball.Their O-line is worse than ours. Quit whining and enjoy the wins and ***** about the losses like all fans do. Sheesh...what a tool.

Funny because I thought I was asking a question.

At no point did I complain about the win.

Some of us on the board like to talk about the x's and o's after a game.

Areas of strength and areas of improvement...observations..then we talk about each others ideas and responses.

It is called a sports forum.

I also stated in the post "Or not" so you had the choice of not responding.

Instead you insult and add nothing.

You need to figure out what being a tool is before calling someone else one.

Zero
10-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Play Action Pass.

Blitzing.

Discuss.

or not.

Absolutely! PAP should have been used alot more. On a side note, I am so glad to see the screen pass return to the offense.

acehole
10-10-2011, 10:49 AM
They blitzed more yesterday than all season. Did you see the game? And they do have a version of play action when Fitz drops back and hands off to Freddy. It's a passing formation and Fitz is dropping back when Jackson gets the ball.

PTR

Yes I did. Was not what I would call typical play action. Just seems it doent take much to do and can have huge impact.

acehole
10-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Yes but it would seem the time to do it is against A Dalton and not M Vick? Who can burn you for doing so.

The rookie would have been prime target for a blitz or two.

M Vick would usually let you pay for such things.

The times we did it...it seemed to have an effect if not the time of the blitz but seem to pressure him in later downs. I guess you made my point as it does work.

PTR

jamze132
10-10-2011, 12:08 PM
I hope Gailey is waiting to pass more from the wildcat later in the season.

imbondz
10-10-2011, 12:29 PM
the play action pass is such an easy call, didn't make sense why we wouldn't use it more yesterday. even the announcers said that.

jlruss90
10-10-2011, 12:44 PM
im telling you right now chan is playing simple out of the wildcat now....if all they have seen is us running with smith up the middle thats what theyll scout us for.

thats when u hit a big play.

save it for the big division games

Mr. Pink
10-10-2011, 03:59 PM
With how well we ran the ball, we should have at least play actioned ONCE to throw it deep. It likely would have been there and a free TD.

BillsWin
10-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Play Action Pass.

Blitzing.

Discuss.

or not.

Maybe we will trade that fourth round pick we acquired in the Evans trade for a play action pass or two.

:popcorn:

YardRat
10-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Our offensive line isn't good enough to protect Fitz long enough to run a play-action pass.

Smith had the outside at least once yesterday out of the wildcat, but who knows why he changed direction and tried the middle again.

We actually blitzed a lot in the first half on Sunday, but that's the most we've seen so far this season.

psubills62
10-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Our offensive line isn't good enough to protect Fitz long enough to run a play-action pass.

Smith had the outside at least once yesterday out of the wildcat, but who knows why he changed direction and tried the middle again.

We actually blitzed a lot in the first half on Sunday, but that's the most we've seen so far this season.
Could also run play-action bootlegs. I think they did that a couple weeks ago. IIRC, Fitz ran for a first down and 10 yards or so.

MikeInRoch
10-10-2011, 09:58 PM
You know what's missing? Losses. And I don't really miss them.

acehole
10-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Maybe we will trade that fourth round pick we acquired in the Evans trade for a play action pass or two.

:popcorn:

Stay tuned April abouts.

:peace:

acehole
10-11-2011, 04:06 PM

I disagree...take like a second allthough it might disrupt timing...

But the payoff is great if it works.

The Jokeman
10-11-2011, 05:50 PM
They kind of touched this on the pregame show against the Eagle that Gailey's eluded that he feels we use the passing game to setup the running game so play action passes kind of defeat the purpose.

acehole
10-11-2011, 06:03 PM
They kind of touched this on the pregame show against the Eagle that Gailey's eluded that he feels we use the passing game to setup the running game so play action passes kind of defeat the purpose.

Umm I would agree with this usually...But when you come out with 4 wide and no back field....prolly a pass....and when FJ is in on 2 wide formation....prolly run.