PDA

View Full Version : Who does this team remind you of?

Mike
10-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Do you Remember the year we started 0-4 but finished 9-7 loosing out on the playoffs and to a bunch of 3rd stringers on the same day? In many, many ways were similar:
1) one dominat unit
2) turnovers
3) return TDs

It seemed back than that we would pull a rabit out of a hat and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. We got heroic reutrn TD, turnovers, big plays, etc... So far this season, in 3 games we have won in a similar fashion. Against the Raiders we stormed back and were helped by Raider turnovers & a last minut dropped interseption. Against the Pats an interception return for a TD turned the momentum & ultimitaly the game in the Bills favor. And yesterday a heroic interception at the end of the game stopped a fierce Eagle rally.

Overall, the two teams are very different but the ways were winning is very similar. I hope this year is different and that we evolve into a very solid team.

djjimkelly
10-10-2011, 12:41 PM
a few huge differences

1. chan gaileys vs dick jauron i do not need to explain

2. fitzpatrick is running a real offense. edwards was truly pretty lucky i remember those games and we played against some very weak teams

3. this defense actually has some talent i dont feel like i need to explain :)

Crisis
10-10-2011, 12:45 PM
I think you guys are confusing seasons... we finished 7-9 with edwards/jauron

the 9-7 year was with bledsoe/mularkey

B-DON
10-10-2011, 12:46 PM
09 saints

Crisis
10-10-2011, 12:49 PM
and the defense from 04 was so much better than the one this year

dont forget we still had pat williams/sam adams/fletcher/spikes/schobel/clements that year... they just choked vs pitt

ddaryl
10-10-2011, 12:49 PM
team is heading in the right direction.. but they remind me of no one.

They are what they are, a young recently rebuilt team learning how to play and win

ServoBillieves
10-10-2011, 01:17 PM
These are the 2011 Buffalo Bills. I haven't seen a team like this, one that has impressed the way these boys do. The early 90's Bills (I'm 23, so that's the best team I know of Bills-wise) are not this team, the awful Bills of the past 00's are not this team, and we'll have to see from here...

sdbillsfan2
10-10-2011, 01:33 PM
I'm older then most here so bear with me. The "who" this team reminds me of is an old actor named Mickey Rooney. Mickey wasn't to tall (about 5'2" ) He wasn't the best looking and his talent for acting in his younger days was lacking. But..... He always had the best looking ladies of his time and married more then a few of them. He learned to become a good actor because hehad dedication and a love for the profession. He was also lucky enough to have some good directors. Kind of like the Bills , not the biggest, best looking and maybe short on talent, but they're getting the job done. And hopefully with time, the Bills will continue to grow and reap the rewards.

justasportsfan
10-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Who does this team remind you of?

"Hard count guys. No one jump.MKay?"

BillyT92679
10-10-2011, 02:09 PM
This team is like no Bills team I can remember.

GreedoII
10-10-2011, 03:16 PM
and the defense from 04 was so much better than the one this year

dont forget we still had pat williams/sam adams/fletcher/spikes/schobel/clements that year... they just choked vs pitt

Exactly. Yet another dumb thread with incorrect facts and not to mention pointless! Know your history before making threads. You look silly...

hydro
10-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Everyone be on your toes! Greedo the thread police is on the prowl!

imbondz
10-10-2011, 03:42 PM
"Hard count guys. No one jump.MKay?"

:rofl: !!!

Mr. Pink
10-10-2011, 03:53 PM
1980 Cleveland Browns.

Most wins and losses came down to the last minute. Couldn't put anyone away.

I'm just waiting til the game we lose due to a hail mary.

Crisis
10-10-2011, 04:03 PM
1980 Cleveland Browns.

Most wins and losses came down to the last minute. Couldn't put anyone away.

I'm just waiting til the game we lose due to a hail mary.

i think we might've dodged that bullet lol