PDA

View Full Version : Feeling sick this week...

mysticsoto
10-10-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm just realizing that this week, I have to pull for teams that I hate - we all do:

We need to pull for Dallas to beat the Patriots. I hate Dallas, but we need Romo to get his **** together if he wants to have a chance. Fortunately, with the Patriots bad D, I think they do have a chance.

We also need to pull for Miami to beat the Jets. The Jets are still far away from catching up to us (currently at 2-3) but we don't want Miami to be winless or they might get Luck after all. Instead, looks like the Colts and Rams will be winless this week also facing Cincinnati and GB respectively, so it'd be nice to get Miami removed just slightly enough to lose the sweepstakes for Luck and continue to suck at QB. :)

imbondz
10-10-2011, 04:29 PM
yep. I'll have an easier time pulling for the Cowboys cuz I'm starting Romo on my fantasy

Buffalogic
10-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Easy to cheer for fins against Jets. Can't have Jets gaining ground and can't have Miami going winless for Luck.

mysticsoto
10-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Easy to cheer for fins against Jets. Can't have Jets gaining ground and can't have Miami going winless for Luck.

Not for everyone. I know many people who cannot bring themselves to root for Miami...EVEN if their win would get us in the playoffs (MikeInRoch - I'm looking at you!!!). :D

The new generation hates the Patriots more b'cse they've been on top for awhile. But most of the older generations hate Miami more...they were our rivals and we loved to hate them. The game where we had 7 sacks on Culpepper. will be forever etched in memory for me!!! And to have it on video by Jamezz with the song "You had a bad day" (that might not be the actual title) was the most awesome thing in the world!!!!!!!

Luisito23
10-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Go Miami, and then quickly GO away!

Ingtar33
10-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Not for everyone. I know many people who cannot bring themselves to root for Miami...EVEN if their win would get us in the playoffs (MikeInRoch - I'm looking at you!!!). :D

Or me. I just can't do it. I'll never, ever, get over my undying hatred of the Dolphins

Mr. Pink
10-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Can't root for the Fish...maybe we'll get lucky and they'll tie.

Go cowboys though!

paladin warrior
10-10-2011, 05:18 PM
i am feeling sick of tire of Freakin Pat keep winning. All he do keep passing to Wes Welker. Wes Welker have REC 45 and 740 yard with 5 touchdown in 5 games. WTF Dolphins gave to Pat. Dolphins should have keep him. More impotant Wes Wealker and Ton B out season .Cowboys Dt Brent Josh must go after Tom B and Pat is playing at Pitts after Cowboys.

don137
10-11-2011, 06:31 AM
I know everyone hates the Dolphins however if there are so multiple reasons that it helps the Bills to have the Dolphins win Sunday. The fins need to win a couple games to be out of the Luck sweepstakes. No Bills fan wants Luck on Miami for the next 15 years. A loss by the Jets prevents them from gaining ground on Buffalo. I have to think it will between Buffalo and the Jets for the wild card spot. I cannot see both of them getting one.

MikeInRoch
10-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Not for everyone. I know many people who cannot bring themselves to root for Miami...EVEN if their win would get us in the playoffs (MikeInRoch - I'm looking at you!!!).

I can not and will not root for Miami. The *only* case I can stomach it is if they have to win in order to mathematically keep us alive at the end of the season.

Having said that, I'm not entirely opposed to having them win a couple games so they don't get Andrew Luck.

BAM
10-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Go Dallas, Go Dolphins!

Mr. Miyagi
10-11-2011, 09:18 AM

The new generation hates the Patriots more b'cse they've been on top for awhile. But most of the older generations hate Miami more...they were our rivals and we loved to hate them. The game where we had 7 sacks on Culpepper. will be forever etched in memory for me!!! And to have it on video by Jamezz with the song "You had a bad day" (that might not be the actual title) was the most awesome thing in the world!!!!!!!
Worse yet, I had no choice but to pick up and start the Fins kicker on fantasy this week. God I was really debating killing myself instead. :(

mysticsoto
10-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Worse yet, I had no choice but to pick up and start the Fins kicker on fantasy this week. God I was really debating killing myself instead. :(

At the beginning of the season, my best friend had to go to his brother's wedding and asked me to draft his team at a fantasy football get-together w/his friends. I debated praying a prank on him and drafting all Miami players as his starters...but that would have been too cruel and he would have never forgiven me.